• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

AJs 2012 Season - A Pictorial Discussion

I am getting a one day jump on last season...today is my 2012 season start...

The Germinator has been cleaned, I am using new trays for seed starting and Hoffman's Seed Starting Mix as my grow media...

If any of you decide to use Hoffman's Seed Starting Mix, be patient, it takes as much as 24 hours pre-soak to get this light weight mix totally wet...I have said it before and I will say it again...this is the cleanest seed starting mix I have ever used....clean and light weight means better root growth IMO..

12-30-11A001.jpg

All circuits and systems are a go on the germinator...am stabilizing the temperature for the next 24 hours...as you can see, the upper box is about 93F and the lower box is 85F...I have to vent the top to let both chambers reach the same temperature...

12-30-11A002.jpg

12-30-11A004.jpg
12-30-11A005.jpg

something tells me this is going to be another hot summer....close to record heat again...so the season will go as mother wants it to...I am learning each year how to change my grow techniques and am adapting to North Texas...

hope you folks enjoy this thread...if anyone has any questions or comments, they are welcome...

Rabbit poo huh.........hmmm...no wonder Elmer Fudd was always trying to catch Roger Rabbit.

Holey moley AJ! Your grow is beautiful. Those Yellow BB's are beautiful (I believe those were the ones I was looking at)

I love the stingers too! My Yellow Bhuts have some pretty wicked tails on them. I am going to see how wicked they get, the first two were wicked looking but a third one popped and it isn't nearly as wicked looking. I thinks me might have to keep them seeds.

Congrats on having such a wonderful grow this season. My soil is completely jacked up, nothing wants to grow in it. I'm trying to soak up as much knowledge and experience as to have a garden that actually grows next year. Your garden shows how truly big a plant can get in a five gallon bucket.

Do you have to overwinter plants or do you leave them out through the winter months?

Just got back from AJ's...I'm a little weak-knee'd. The pictures do nothing to really get across how awesome this setup is.

Thanks for the visit, and pods!

Alright...I'll PM you to give you a heads up...maybe tomorrow...maybe next week...not sure. I'll come bearing gifts.

DAAAAMN where were you last week at Razoos???

We both showed up,but WE didn't see you!!!!
I even showered!

And its the friggin Pepper Mecca...NO?

I haven't even watered my first super hot yet,and he let me check it out....Inner Brain Craziness!

He makes it all look so easy...LOL

Yeah...when he wasn't looking, I snuck around his back yard and stole these...right off the plants...

559145_3247607122872_888244400_n.jpg

Hey Ronnie...that yellow scorp...that I tasted a bit of a "mint" flavor in...well, it urged me to have left over Lebanese...so I diced it up and finished it off. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

looking awesome!!

Thank you...

Just got back from AJ's...I'm a little weak-knee'd. The pictures do nothing to really get across how awesome this setup is.

Thanks for the visit, and pods!

Yeah...when he wasn't looking, I snuck around his back yard and stole these...right off the plants...

Hey Ronnie...that yellow scorp...that I tasted a bit of a "mint" flavor in...well, it urged me to have left over Lebanese...so I diced it up and finished it off. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

glad you enjoyed your visit...I did also...glad you ate the rest of the scorp...I bet it was good in the Lebanese...

DAAAAMN where were you last week at Razoos???

We both showed up,but WE didn't see you!!!!
I even showered!

And its the friggin Pepper Mecca...NO?

I haven't even watered my first super hot yet,and he let me check it out....Inner Brain Craziness!

He makes it all look so easy...LOL

It only looks easy...believe you me, it is not...it has taken me a few years to get to where I can even leave the house but the automated fertigation system has already paid for itself many times over because I set the timers and just leave it alone...once plantout is over, I can just sit back and relax and look at my plants...

@ dark...I wish...I am no chilimaster, just one striving to learn all I can about all that has to do with growing peppers...thanks

AJ just saw the video awesome plants hopefully you can get a picture of that BB Yellow 7 pot/pod.

cool...here is it...I was going to do another one tomorrow after I had cleaned all that stuff up...went to get a U-Haul trailer to carry stuff off in and while I was on the way, my alternator went out....soooooooooooo....I got the trailer, came home, neighbor tested the alternator, I went got one and replaced it....hottest mechanic work I have ever done 106...and no garage...

I will see if I have a still of the BB 7 Pot...that boy can grow some peppers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyCz_2OXy0E&list=UUmjlE8OU6Vz-xsRRC5ADALg&index=1&feature=plcp

Great looking pod. I just got my first barrackpore hook today. Hope my pods come out like that.

Great growin'.

thank you....good luck with the Barrackpore...

Great tour AJ, and smoooooth camera work. Do you have some type of camera stabilizer? When i record and walk the vids shake.

thanks PJ...no stabliizer...is it that obvious... :)

Hey, AJ, been away too long - your vid tour was great, nice looking set-up
with lots of great ideas built in. Nice work; you can see the time in years
and effort you have put in really paid off. I appreciated yur comment about
the watering. I have noticed that when I set my system for several small
waterings (one minute) a day, my plants do much better than with a heavier
watering once a day. I'm using a 1/4" soaker hose ring in my containers,
and the cylindrical column stays nice and moist like you said without getting
soggy, and the top stays nice and dry.

Anyway, your garden is awesome!

Back