• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

All This Talk About Superhots Getting Big

those look deadly Philiperv...

one thing I have noticed is none of my scorpions have a tail to speak of...

I have not seen to many pictures of 7 pods yet so I didn't know what they are supposed to look like. Those do look deadly hot but not as big as I'd imagined they would be. I have something to look forward to growing new next year. AJ, I'd say only a small percentage like 15% of my scorpions actually grew tails. I love to post some current pictures but my all my plants are pepperless and are now growing new branches and leaves from the intersection where my first fruits came. New flowers and small peppers forming all up and down this new growth. I should have a real nice second harvest in about a month. I am just on a different cycle than most, real nice looks peppers everyone.

Philliperv,

What was your source for those 7-pods again? THey look different than any others I've seen. Can you show me a picture of the inside of them? :)

Chris

Ya they don't look like any 7 pots I've ever seen either but they look mean.
As for the scorpions, most of mine don't have tails again this year but I think I just figured out a trick for getting better/more tails. I'll post results later.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I have not seen to many pictures of 7 pods yet so I didn't know what they are supposed to look like.

every on of my 7 Pots are very "pimply"....and so are the few Scorpions I have...very slow fruit set here...

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
AJ, I'd say only a small percentage like 15% of my scorpions actually grew tails. I love to post some current pictures but my all my plants are pepperless and are now growing new branches and leaves from the intersection where my first fruits came. New flowers and small peppers forming all up and down this new growth. I should have a real nice second harvest in about a month. I am just on a different cycle than most, real nice looks peppers everyone.

I think you and I are dang near on the same cycle...except, your heat is moist and mine is dry....suppose to break a record here, tomorrow, and or Monday...they are predicting 107-109F depend on what station you are listening to...lows at night are now about 83F so that is what I am attributing my slow fruit set....If I can just keep them alive until Sept, I think I will have a pretty good fall harvest...the only plant that is producing pods at an amazing rate is that cutback Orange Hab...this plant is a monster so far and must be quite a loose woman from all the children she is putting out...

I will have a lot of "overwinters" next year...as many as I absolutely can fit in my grow areas plus the wife has said I can put plants in the living room next to the windows facing south and one facing west...

I gotta go water and feed....talk later...

teh purple penguins said:
your name seems to be pretty accurate to have to post that.

Take it easy Penguin, my post was meant to be humorous.

When people deseed peppers (as you said you did) the membrane is usually removed as well,
so maybe you can find it in your heart to overlook the unforgivable insult
to your character that I could ever suggest that you might have removed the membrane.

You are quite right to call me a jerk. I sure deserved that. I'm such an insensitive prick.

Hopefully I`ll be able to post in a couple weeks also.All my pods are tiny-tiny right now.Although there are plenty of them. Nice pic everyone!!!

Here's some pics of my Trinidad scorpion peppers. Some scorpion varieties going around have more distinguished tails or stingers but with the variety I have been growing it is sometimes rare to find these tails. Lately I've noticed that the ones with tails usually always have the dead flower ring still attached exactly where the tail starts. I now think its these flower that are often responsible for these tails. I usually go around removing dead flowers but with the Scorpions I am now going to try to resist. I also think these scorpions are slightly hotter than any nagas or 7-pots that I've tried so far.

Here's my Scorpion plant

Here's 3 or 4 pods with flowers still attached and tails

And another one which had a flower attached too until recently when I touched it

My first bhut

100_1310.jpg

Wind damage Aji Lemon
100_1312.jpg

Rest of the plant Aji Lemon
100_1313.jpg

POTAWIE said:
Lately I've noticed that the ones with tails usually always have the dead flower ring still attached exactly where the tail starts. I now think its these flower that are often responsible for these tails. I usually go around removing dead flowers but with the Scorpions I am now going to try to resist. I also think these scorpions are slightly hotter than any nagas or 7-pots that I've tried so far.

I have noticed the same thing and it started with the peter peppers...same thing...the flower ringlet constricts the pepper and makes a stinger/tail/head on the pepper...

pepperfever said:
Jamaican Red Squash
Carribean Red

I love those Jamaican pepper shapes....my Jamaican Hot Yellows are going wild...

pepperfever said:
My first bhut

Wind damage Aji Lemon

Rest of the plant Aji Lemon

Your Bhut looks "pimply" doesn't it? good sign

the Aji will recover...no problem...they are tought plants...

I had to visit the fair to set up my hydro system and had a chance to grab a pic of the bhut. In the few minutes I was there I was surprised that several people stopped by to see the peppers - and of course the first question was always - "where's the one that is suppose to be the hottest in the world?"

It has several pods on it, just none close to ripe.

Mike

bhut.jpg

One guy was really into them - he ate a Thai Dragon and thought it was hotter than the commercial habs he gets at Kroger. He's going to meet up with me once one of the pods is ripe to try it.

AlabamaJack said:
those look deadly Philiperv...

one thing I have noticed is none of my scorpions have a tail to speak of...

Aj, these things make all the Nagas i've grown seem very cool in comparison. They are just pain in chili form. Never thught i'd ever say this but I can't even eat them. :(

cmpman1974 said:
Philliperv,

What was your source for those 7-pods again? THey look different than any others I've seen. Can you show me a picture of the inside of them? :)

Chris

Sorry but I can't reveal the source. The inside looks like a Naga:

i19790209-4D3B-4200-9C0E-6D75639AA59C.jpg

My bad, i saw posts about big super hotties and had to be here...

I do hava Fatali thats about 3" tall and has 4" leaves already...

>;-)

New guy here, big fan of all things hot.Here are some pics of my sole container grown Bhut Jalokia. Finally getting some fruit after a late start.Up to 9 pods now after 2 last Sunday. Plant gets full on GA sun from 11:00AM until 6:30 PM . I have recorded temps of 127 degrees in direct sunlight last year. Air temp was around 104 -105. this year so far air temps around 99

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/harris_/Bhut Jolokia/IMG_1269.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/harris_/Bhut Jolokia/IMG_1270.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/harris_/Bhut Jolokia/IMG_1273.jpg

Philipperv said:
iA12545D0-EBB2-405E-B17F-F9B3997B1035.jpg

These 7 Pots are the hottest things I've ever tried. Even beat all the varieties of Nagas I've tasted.

Very nice pods deadly hot I would like to have some seeds of those via trade if you still have any left or buy from you.:mouthonfire::lol:

the colors on those scorpions are absolutely breathtaking....that is what I want mine to look like when they ripen...by the way...just noticed, my first 7 pot is starting to turn slightly orange...

Back