• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

All This Talk About Superhots Getting Big

definitely dimpled Chris...here are some shots of:

Dorset Naga (notice the wilted leaves...stressing is a way of life for these pods)

081208dDorsetNaga.jpg

7 Pod (what is proper?...7 pot or 7 pod?)

081208d7Pod.jpg

Chocolate Habanero

081208dChocolateHab.jpg

and my first Trinidad Scorpion with a true tail...

081208dTrinidadScorpion.jpg

Nice tail on your Trinidad Scorpion AJ, for some reason my Scotch Bonnets have long pointed tails, I saved the seed myself from the Scotch Bonnets so I know I haven't muddled them up.

I just noticed that most of my Trinidad 7-pot pods have tails which leads me to believe that they may be Trinidad scorpions. Pics to come.

Potawie...are those from Trini seeds?

cool...wonder if they might be cross bred with one another...Scorpions and 7 Pods...the pic I posted above is my first tailed scorpion and they are from Sara too...I don't think the cross would be a bad thing either...JMO

I've got thoughts on the 7-pods and Scorpions and intermix traits. There are just endless varieties out there as Sara said that are called 7-pot due to rough skin and an insane amount of placental tissue in the pods.

They are all nuclear hot. The Scorpion that was released to chileheads in 2006 and made its way around the world is what I believe is the most accurate representation of this variety (one with consistent tails). If they don't have tails consistently, I feel some form of cross-breeding occured.

But I don't live in T&T so I won't speculate. All I know is there are a TON of awesome pods and they're unique to anywhere in the world. :)

AJ, great pod pictures as well.

I'm curious everyone, what is your most productive superhot? The Dorset Naga is amazing IMO. I had a plant that was half dead in late May. Now in mid-August, it has well over 100 pods on it. It's ability to set pods beats any I've seen. It's more productive consistently than the regular Naga. I do believe its traits are superior to Naga in that area.

Chris

Nice pictures as ever chris and the T.T info is spot on be interesting to see as time goes by everybody's pictures from there harvests for comparison :)

POTAWIE said:
Most of my 7-pots look like this pic. Very pimply and tails.
2759053487a925ef551acc8.jpg

Potawie what is the little tiny black part coming out of the bottom of the tail? I have found this in a couple of my habs. In fact, I found it in a few of the pepprocini in a jar I opened the other day. Just curious.

The black thingy is the style and stygma that is part of the pistol and has not totally shed...looking at the anatomy of a flower, you can see the sytle and stygma are attached structurally to the ovary that contains the ovule (egg).

016_flower.jpg

My theory...

Back