• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Anime, What are you watching right now.

I'm sure that i'm not the only Otaku browsing the forums. What are you guys watching right now? Post of some of your favorites from the past or something your enjoying right now. 

I ran out of things on Netflix and dove into anime a few months ago. It's gotta be English dubbed for me because I usually game while watching and I'll just read a book if I feel like reading. Any how. Here's a few i've enjoyed lately. 

Deadman Wonderland - Freaking awesome

Highschool of the Dead - Zombies n titties

Clannad - Silly story line   Season two of Clannad made my grown ass cry way more than it should of. 

Psycho Pass season 1    Psycho Pass season 2

Ah! My Goddes

Guilty Crown

Heavens Lost property

High school DXD

Just to name a couple. Currently watching Ghost Hound

My son's 19 and still into this... he'll be 20 this year. Ugh. Here, buddy. Let me show you where the females hang out....

Phil said:
My son's 19 and still into this... he'll be 20 this year. Ugh. Here, buddy. Let me show you where the females hang out....

^funny Shit right there. We have the same thing going on here. My daughter is the total opposite.
D3monic said:
I'm 34 and just got into it. At 19 I was more into drugs , booze and women. 

To be fair, I was pretty heavily into WOW when I was 34. My wife was plenty pissed about the time I spent online back then. I've since graduated to spending time on hot pepper websites--> lateral move?

Just starting to watch "Is this a Zombie" 

Jeff H said:

To be fair, I was pretty heavily into WOW when I was 34. My wife was plenty pissed about the time I spent online back then. I've since graduated to spending time on hot pepper websites--> lateral move?

I'm just getting burnt out on WoW ... or I should say spring fever is kicking in and I spend more time wanting to do garden stuff. 

I can't say anything either. My early 20s were dominated by dope (week, coke, LSD). I played a LOT of Gran Tourismo in my mid to late 20s. And Black... remember that game on Playstation? FPS? And now, my dad's a Battlefield 4 freak since he retired. I'm 41 now, so all I really wanna do is sleep late.

Phil said:
I can't say anything either. My early 20s were dominated by dope (week, coke, LSD). I played a LOT of Gran Tourismo in my mid to late 20s. And Black... remember that game on Playstation? FPS? And now, my dad's a Battlefield 4 freak since he retired. I'm 41 now, so all I really wanna do is sleep late.

We used to play gran tourismo while on meth. DAYS playing it straight till the thumbs were hamburger meat. Acid dissapeared around 98 for me. I was 18 then. But had a nice run with it from 95-98

And I'm hooked on reading news online and checking FB and THP

My friends and I would drop Cid and sit around listening to Tool and Marilyn Manson and watching Pink Floyd The Wall movie. Never really played with meth. I tried one bump one time and I was up for three days and my mouth hurt. I told the guy to never bring that stuff around me again or I'd kick his ass... lol

Phil said:
. I'm 41 now, so all I really wanna do is sleep late.

Funny, I'm 41 too and life is keeping me too busy to sleep late. Maybe in 4-5 years when the kids head to college.

I saw Manson live back in 96-97 some where in there during the anti christ tour. I was trippin ballz there. There wasn't many days I wasn't though. My first two months after discovering it I lost track at over a 100 hits and kept going for several years. God knows how much blotter i've ate. Surprised I wasn't shitting paper machet. Was a few years before I recovered from all that tripping. Or perhaps got used to it is a better way to put it. Walls still breath when I like my eyes unfocus a little 

Jeff H said:

Funny, I'm 41 too and life is keeping me too busy to sleep late. Maybe in 4-5 years when the kids head to college.

I didn't say I get to sleep late... I just want to! lol. My alarm clock goes off at 4:30 every morning for work! Unfortunately, my kids live with my ex wife, so I don't get to deal with the day to day parenting anymore. I live an hour and a half away from them.

D3monic said:
I saw Manson live back in 96-97 some where in there during the anti christ tour. I was trippin ballz there. There wasn't many days I wasn't though. My first two months after discovering it I lost track at over a 100 hits and kept going for several years. God knows how much blotter i've ate. Surprised I wasn't shitting paper machet. Was a few years before I recovered from all that tripping. Or perhaps got used to it is a better way to put it. Walls still breath when I like my eyes unfocus a little 

I saw Manson on the Anti-Christ tour also. Saenger theater in New Orleans. But I never ate that much paper! My biggest trip was three sugar cubes in one night, and that was way more than intense enough for me! it was maybe once a month or so for us.... for about two years. Still had to stay focused enough to go to work during the week. I had friends that would talk about eating a ten strip and I remember thinking "man, how can you survive that???"

Phil said:

I saw Manson on the Anti-Christ tour also. Saenger theater in New Orleans. But I never ate that much paper! My biggest trip was three sugar cubes in one night, and that was way more than intense enough for me! it was maybe once a month or so for us.... for about two years. Still had to stay focused enough to go to work during the week. I had friends that would talk about eating a ten strip and I remember thinking "man, how can you survive that???"

First time and pretty much last time eating mushies I ate a whole quarter.... that was a mistake. 

Never messed with those. The idea freaked me out a bit. But a whole quarter oz? Yeah, you were bye bye. Mistake you learn the hard way

now that the tokyo ghoul season is over and they're on break, i needed something new. Naruto is going to end next season too. i just started watching hunter x hunter recently. It's kind of funny and amusing. the corny harmonica music is pretty clutch, i always laugh when i hear it every episode. I want to rewatch kill la kill now that i'm actually learning nihon go (japanese language), but have plenty of hunter left. 

BigB said:
now that the tokyo ghoul season is over and they're on break, i needed something new. Naruto is going to end next season too. i just started watching hunter x hunter recently. It's kind of funny and amusing. the corny harmonica music is pretty clutch, i always laugh when i hear it every episode. I want to rewatch kill la kill now that i'm actually learning nihon go (japanese language), but have plenty of hunter left. 

Durarara is a good show http://www.animestatic.eu/anime/durarara/

Also Fairytail is really good if you haven't seen it. Has a shit ton of episodes. http://www.animestatic.eu/anime/fairy-tail/

haven't heard of durarara but fairytail is something i've considered. That, one piece and a few others. Shingeki no kyojin (attack on titan) is great, I'm waiting for them to make a a second season anime. I read the manga but it comes out only once a month, but with a really long 40ish pg chapter. I think it's an interesting concept on how these titans are merciless and crush humans like humans crush flies for no reason whatsoever. Good story line, but a bit hard to follow in the manga. The anime is much smoother and easier to follow.

Back