• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Anime, What are you watching right now.

D3monic said:

On the English dub I couldn't get passed the horrible chutney accents. Was like nails on a chalk board. 

Assassination Classroom was a really good show. I would definitely recommend it. 
Hate to admit but I watched both subbed and dubbed. I'm not sure which was worse. But the subs added a pretty funny quality to it. Learned to deal with the accents after hanging out with some chaps from across the pond in the dubbed version though.

Well thanks to this thread i decided to have a crack at a couple of Anime's recently. A few weeks ago i watched Attack on Titan which wasnt too bad except despite being released a couple of years ago they havent released the second series yet. Mentioned this to my nephew and he said they have put it on hold till after the live action movie is released.

Over the last few days ive been watching Haibane Renmei which i really enjoyed. Its grows on you slowly... its like a well written short story that doesnt need to be flashy to sell itself. Cant help but feel a show like this just wouldnt see the light of day unless independantly made in the Western countries. 

i'm still watching deathnote on netflix, but i noticed on my anime website a deathnote 2015. I'll let you know how it is once i get to it

My animestatic.eu finally started uploading season 1 of tokyo ghoul so I started watching that last night. They have second season up for a while now but just started uploading season 1 to everyones confusion. 

i understand. there's some dubbed on my site, but it doesn't say specifically. i started watching hunterxhunter in english then all the sudden the english was gone haha

Gate: This is a really good show for only being Subbed. First episode was meh but got pulled in pretty quick. I highly recommend it http://www.animefushigi.co/anime/gate-jieitai-kanochi-nite-kaku-tatakaeri

"In August of 20XX, a portal to a parallel world, known as the “Gate,” suddenly appeared in Ginza, Tokyo. Monsters and troops poured out of the portal, turning the shopping district into a bloody inferno.
The Japan Ground-Self Defence Force immediately took action and pushed the fantasy creatures back to the “Gate.” To facilitate negotiations and prepare for future fights, the JGSDF dispatched the Third Reconnaissance Team to the “Special Region” at the other side of the Gate.
Youji Itami, a JSDF officer as well as a 33-year-old otaku, was appointed as the leader of the Team. Amid attacks from enemy troops the team visited a variety of places and learnt a lot about the local culture and geography.
Thanks to their efforts in humanitarian relief, although with some difficulties they were gradually able to reach out to the locals. They even had a cute elf, a sorceress and a demigoddess in their circle of new friends. On the other hand, the major powers outside the Gate such as the United States, China, and Russia were extremely interested in the abundant resources available in the Special Region. They began to exert diplomatic pressure over Japan.
A suddenly appearing portal to an unknown world—to the major powers it may be no more than a mere asset for toppling the international order. But to our protagonists it is an invaluable opportunity to broaden knowledge, friendship, and ultimately their perspective towards the world."

Back