• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Annie's 2014 Glog: FINAL Grow List before new 2014 glog

Began 2013 yesterday morning. 12 hour soak seed soak in potassium nitrate and H202 (diluted) in ice trays. Kept warm on heat mats. Mix is Promix BX with a lot of perlite added. Pre-moistened, then put in 72 cell 6 pack flats and bottom watered on heat mat to fully wet mix with Actinovate, kelp, Biotamax--a sliver--then drained, aerated with fork, then back to mats to await seeds. Lost a few seeds as I'm handier with turkey baster (obviously from seeds left in bulb when clean-up) when it's used for Q or turkey, but have plenty of viable seeds. Trying to prevent damping off. Seeds from Chris, Jamie (Romy6), Ed, Judy (pepperlover.com), peppergal, peppermania, Baker Creek, Trade Winds, Tomato Grower's Supply, My Patriot Supply . . . and my own saved. Now to prevent damping off. Have ordered Pyrethrin to go with Actinovate, lots of fans, soil temps were 85 this morning when wood stove was dying, restoked, back up to 90F, soil temps (sorry, no pic), as while carrying in wood in our ice and snow/ice storm yesterday morning, I fell. Sorta fell. Falling would have hurt less: why do we try to stop the inevitable? This is my first grow of superhots, so please, any suggestions?! Lemme know, please. Right now the domes are on again, but will be slanting them off in a couple days, if not sooner, and always, flats get 20 minutes fresh air in morning. (Freezing but fresh air <grin>.)

Anns2013Glogsuperhotsinaflat.jpg

Anns2013Glogsuperhot2.jpg

Anns2013Glogfanonflats.jpg

Lights and mylar box--other side of shelving unit is large white sheet (and I know the mylar is crinkled). Also there's some diluted Clorox gunk am gonna get off, but for now, I like the idea of diluted Clorox gunk.
Anns2013Gloggrowlights.jpg

Anns2013Gloglightsmylarupclose.jpg

Other side lights: fans

Anns2013Gloglightswithfans.jpg

Thanks to so many helpful members here. I hope these seeds hook, live long, prosper, aka do not damp-off. Updates, I hope :rolleyes:. Peace, Annie

Annie,
You've got a little forest growing under the lights. Nice and green What's the secret ?
If you think you'll baffle me with terminology.............................you probably will...... :D
I know what you're doing cause I read the glogs............and the funny papers, just kiddin on the last note........ha
Nice, alfalfa.......never tried growing it, but enjoy it. I'll have to send over some mesclum and red oak lettuce.

Annie,
You've got a little forest growing under the lights. Nice and green What's the secret ?
If you think you'll baffle me with terminology.............................you probably will...... :D
I know what you're doing cause I read the glogs............and the funny papers, just kiddin on the last note........ha
Nice, alfalfa.......never tried growing it, but enjoy it. I'll have to send over some mesclum and red oak lettuce.

They're tomato seedlings, Greg! I swear I only put 3 seeds per cell! Dunno what the hades happened . . . they all came up? I'm gonna spend some time thinning tonight but I kinda hate to as they're only a week old . . . honestly, I sowed the things last Tuesday. Hmm. Oh, I put mycorr in bottom of cells; what little rooting hormone by Bonide were YOU using? ;)

Looking good Annie! Moving right along! Not long 'till plant out huh???

It's "a while" until plant out, Shane. Went to nursing home to see my grandmother today and old folks talk . . . generally. Specifics are beyond mountain folks. Not happenin.' "Where is it Mawmaw?" "Over yonder." She was wanting her water and for life of me, couldn't find the gonzo mug. "When do ya'll have supper, Mawmaw?" "Directly." I got the hell lost in Caldwell County last week: really damned lost. Going to look at some ostensibly composted cow manure that this dude delivers. I stopped at this house and asked directions, just wanted to know the name of road I was on: "Well, you go down yonder a piece and then just keep a-goin,' until ya come to three stumps on ya left--it's a while before ya get there--then at the next stoplight, not stop sign, because after the stumps a-ways there's a stop sign and ya kindly bear to ya right and directly you'll see that stoplight . . ." Whew. I honestly just wanted to know the name of the road I was on. Gotta love it. So, plant out is "a while." :rofl:

&hellip; Went to nursing home to see my grandmother today &hellip;
Hope Mawmaw&rsquo;s doing fine, I miss spending time with my grandparents and my father, great peeps and loads of good times when they were around :/

&hellip; I got the hell lost in Caldwell County last week &hellip; &hellip; &hellip;
Why is it that I keep hear dueling banjos from deliverance in da background ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ after reading your post ;) Be careful mi hermana! Gee I would think you&rsquo;re closer to plant out than you say but what the hell does WG know about snow & winters. I'd be like a fish out of sea there &hellip; Well you&rsquo;ll have to post a pic of your smiling face once you get done planting them, can't wait to see dem pics :)

Hope Mawmaw&rsquo;s doing fine, I miss spending time with my grandparents and my father, great peeps and loads of good times when they were around :/

Why is it that I keep hear dueling banjos from deliverance in da background ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ after reading your post ;) Be careful mi hermana! Gee I would think you&rsquo;re closer to plant out than you say but what the hell does WG know about snow & winters. I'd be like a fish out of sea there &hellip; Well you&rsquo;ll have to post a pic of your smiling face once you get done planting them, can't wait to see dem pics :)

Pics of my broken back digging holes :rofl: . . . am sorry about your abuelitos, mi hermano. AND, you heard "Deliverance" about right . . . They won't hurt ya unless ya get REALLY lost and run up on a still, but then, most of those guys remember my grandfather, which gets me out of being "kilt." smh!
Hi Annie
Looking at your tagline, it puts me in mind of something else Mark Twain said... "God made idiots for practice... then he made school boards." ;)

Rick, isn't that quote from Letters from the Earth? I like the one in his autobio: "I believe that our Heavenly Father invented man because he was disappointed in the monkey." Also in LFE he talks about sticking a dog, cat, rabbit, etc., the non-reasoning creatures, in a cage and they get along but then he sticks reasoning rabbis, priests of all religions in cage, and comes back in couple days--all the unreasoning "lesser" animals have learned to get along. The reasoning ones have killed each other over theology! ;)

You be a liking too many people Annie May ;)

Ah, Sweet Jamie: I just likes a lot a-folks :P And am really liking those gonzo 7 Pod Brown seedlings, that are going to be at least 6' tall. Wow. I mean, for real: they're growing like annuums! You put some of Kevin's secret mojo in those seeds? Thank you, babe! ;)

Yup...now it'll be a bit fore you can be a likin so-moe!
:rofl: Shane, you're the only person on this board who could probably move here, and while the culture shock might kill you--it still kills me "softly"--(I hear Roberta Flack; she was from Asheville! and got OUT, lol)--you might not get killed . . . by anybody other than yourself for being here. I came back from Austin/NYC, had Fuji bike, helmet, bike shoes, the padded short pants, gloves and the damn rednecks tried to run OVER me. Why? "Doncha know ever'body rides a spiderbike?" I mean, I asked somebody, "Why are people trying to run me over?" Dude at gas station says that and "Ya look like a damnyankee." Oh. SOOOOOO . . . I didn't stop riding but I got my grandfather's sawed-off shotgun and not only rode in peace, they appreciated it! I thought, "Yep; you lived and went to hell."

Rick, isn't that quote from Letters from the Earth? I like the one in his autobio: "I believe that our Heavenly Father invented man because he was disappointed in the monkey." Also in LFE he talks about sticking a dog, cat, rabbit, etc., the non-reasoning creatures, in a cage and they get along but then he sticks reasoning rabbis, priests of all religions in cage, and comes back in couple days--all the unreasoning "lesser" animals have learned to get along. The reasoning ones have killed each other over theology! ;)
True enough... The other thing he said that stuck in my (alleged) mind was... "Man is the only animal that blushes... or needs to".

And now for something completely different but with permission ;) Thanks Annie ^_^

Annie sent me a few tunes and I didn&rsquo;t realize we had a celebrity among us :clap: I quickly checked the file tags (ID3 via mp3tag*), embedded her album pictures into them, loaded them into Foobar2k*, gave them a spin on a woo audio 6 tube amp and output the data via irc. Wow impressive muchacha &hellip; while I&rsquo;m no expert and no nothing about your professional carrier &hellip; sounds to me like a little rock, a little blues, a little country, but clearly with a unique style! I gotta say it&rsquo;s a nice change of pace from the normal genres I listen to, hat&rsquo;s off Annie \o_

* @WalkGood &raquo;&raquo; Foobar2k ::: Ethel-Ann - Blowing Rocks (2007) - 11 - Bein Right ::: 1:02/3:02 (&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;) ::: 128 kbps &laquo;&laquo;

* @WalkGood &raquo;&raquo; Foobar2k ::: Ethel-Ann with CBH - Moonlight U.N. - 01 - Mattress ::: 0:25/3:17 (&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;) ::: 128 kbps &laquo;&laquo;

* @WalkGood &raquo;&raquo; Foobar2k ::: Ethel-Ann - Never Leave Nevada 2001 - 06 - Playin w/Me ::: 0:07/2:55 (&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;) ::: 128 kbps &laquo;&laquo;

* @WalkGood &raquo;&raquo; Foobar2k ::: Ethel-Ann - Hunt with A Cat - 01 - San Angelo (Sand and Jello) ::: 0:08/3:51 (&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;) ::: 128 kbps &laquo;&laquo;

* @WalkGood &raquo;&raquo; Foobar2k ::: Ethel-Ann - Cedar Creek SXSW - 02 - Too Bad ::: 0:17/2:24 (&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;) ::: 128 kbps &laquo;&laquo;

* @WalkGood &raquo;&raquo; Foobar2k ::: Ethel-Ann - Rambambi - 08 - Wait'n Wear (A Neglige) ::: 0:07/3:26 (&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;&bull;) ::: 128 kbps &laquo;&laquo;

While the bit rates are on the low side they still sounded nice and I know if it was WAV or FLAC that it would have been impossible to email, lol. Thanks Annie I truly enjoyed :dance:

**Both mp3tag and Foobar2k are free software and I've used both for years but if this isn't allowed let me know and I'll delete it.

Thank you for enjoying, Ramon! :clap: Yeah, I can't imagine an AIFF or WAV file beginning to . . . one day email will support such rates. Entirely different audio experience . . . I do feel compelled in the event somebody goes to . . . photo above Big Mamou, in window, Theresa DiMenno. Dear friend and brilliant photographer. I bought that copyright from her. Other shot is not crighted, so no big deal. Also, I hardly consider myself a celebrity. I do feel blessed to know people with integrity in the music business. So am crediting them (and if this needs to be deleted as well, please delete, mods. Thank you!): on the above: drums, Jennifer Reece, Pam Barger, George Clinton, Bobby (B.P.) Pearson; guitars, EA, Ronnie Drayton, Rich Brotherton, Max Drake, and Peter LaFond. Bass: EA. Harmonica, EA. Violins-Fiddles: the late great Champ Hood, Roger Ledford. Piano: the late, precious, Fred Rumfelt, Bernie Worrell. Production: EA and Nona Hendryx/George Clinton, Roy Taylor, JD Foster, Don Dixon/"Mikey" Stipe.

Now could somebody please tell me why these blasted Giant Jalape&ntilde;o are staying so danged thirsty?! :banghead: :rofl:

:rofl: Shane, you're the only person on this board who could probably move here, and while the culture shock might kill you--it still kills me "softly"--(I hear Roberta Flack; she was from Asheville! and got OUT, lol)--you might not get killed . . . by anybody other than yourself for being here. I came back from Austin/NYC, had Fuji bike, helmet, bike shoes, the padded short pants, gloves and the damn rednecks tried to run OVER me. Why? "Doncha know ever'body rides a spiderbike?" I mean, I asked somebody, "Why are people trying to run me over?" Dude at gas station says that and "Ya look like a damnyankee." Oh. SOOOOOO . . . I didn't stop riding but I got my grandfather's sawed-off shotgun and not only rode in peace, they appreciated it! I thought, "Yep; you lived and went to hell."
Haha...I have don several rides down south...couple centuries and double centuries through Northern FL, AL, and GA I feel ya...been hit with everything from ketchup packets to beer bottles.

I'll be in Fayetteville this summer for a spell...not fer certain yet, but mor'n'lykle.

Annie,

Lookin' good!

And you're too funny:)

Scott

Spoken like a true Kerrvert! (If you are.) I went to Rod's 80th at Paramount in Austin. Just wondering if you "do" or "did" that festival? In 10 years of living in Austin, I could never figure why he had it during RAIN weeks. Re-creation of that Woodstock feel, I suppose. At least on stage we were slightly sheltered, but for a minute there, had thought, "This is what Ravi Shankar felt like . . . Man, this really sucks!" :rofl: Peace, shuga!

Weekly update. Particularly of those that weren't doing as well as I wanted last week, but then . . . I often expect too much of me. Oh well. Spray with Actinovate, Biotamax, Epsom salt today. Neptune's Harvest 1/4th strength bottom feed, per usual. These are shots of only one tray as it was 6am, and uh, well, it was 6 am :shocked: No; eyes were not that wide awake yet. (I want an old Minolta 35 totally manual!) First up:

Anns2013Glog3-18peppers1_zpsc572673d.jpg

Peppers are grouped now by size under lights. This tray has Moruga Blend, Carib Reds, JA Reds, Tabasco, Manzano, Inca Red Drop . . . like the look of that yellow manz as the thing is driving me insane! It does well . . . and then . . . but taking extra care with it: because it was the only germ from that tray, methinks the seed was . . . but it'll be okay! I will force the damned thing to be okay! It's lower right. Trini CARDI and Carib Red looking healthy! Last week in this tray, not so much! Next:

Anns2013Glog3-18peppers2_zpsa65c288a.jpg

Nice shiny leaves (and some perlite, lol) on the Moruga Blend Red and Yellow, getting some height now. I want more bush than height.

Anns2013Glog3-18peppers3_zps4144506b.jpg

Shoulda cropped this to ask "Can somebody help me!? I have a flat TIRE!" Look to right. Those are 7 Pod Brown x Naga per Romy6/Jamie. They're growing slowly, healthy looking but leetle. I put them in with larger children, hoping they'd take the hint. But would the naga cross explain the lack of height. Hey, calling sweetJamie ;) ? I LOVE the coloring on them: definitely a cross. One on lower right has sprung a leak since last week. Really grown.

Anns2013Glog3-18peppers4_zps6e5ef303.jpg

Harold's St. Barts and Carib Red. CR has improved significantly since last week!

Anns2013Glog3-18peppers5_zps0509c063.jpg

Peach and Choc Bhut doing well. I'd not be afraid to stick the peach in-ground were it not freaking 40F today: we got rain and cold front. :rolleyes:

Anns2013Glog3-18peppers6_zpse3150c37.jpg

Trying to get some pics of stems. How do you like baby Ramonita in center? She's taken OFF! Thanks Walkgood/Ramon ;) . Mi hermano, your hijas are growing up to leave home :P

Anns2013Glog3-18peppers7_zpsfe2acede.jpg

Lousy shot of Naga Red that last week reminded me of those 7 Pod Brown x Naga: small, one set true leaves, growing 3rd and now it's got 3rd in big way. Fertigated, left alone and he's gonna be a good boy. Gotta plant him near Ramon's girls, who are vastly outnumbered as all of my plants, pods-to-be, "manzanos" :rofl: are boys :D .

Anybody got any thoughts on those 7 Pod Brown x Nagas? Or should I develop more patience: I was born almost two months early so patience is acquired taste after much hardship in life for not having much of that asset. Imagine. Anyhow, thanks for looking. Lunch is over but will be checking in. Much peace, y'all. ;) Annie

Back