• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Annie's 2014 Glog: FINAL Grow List before new 2014 glog

Began 2013 yesterday morning. 12 hour soak seed soak in potassium nitrate and H202 (diluted) in ice trays. Kept warm on heat mats. Mix is Promix BX with a lot of perlite added. Pre-moistened, then put in 72 cell 6 pack flats and bottom watered on heat mat to fully wet mix with Actinovate, kelp, Biotamax--a sliver--then drained, aerated with fork, then back to mats to await seeds. Lost a few seeds as I'm handier with turkey baster (obviously from seeds left in bulb when clean-up) when it's used for Q or turkey, but have plenty of viable seeds. Trying to prevent damping off. Seeds from Chris, Jamie (Romy6), Ed, Judy (pepperlover.com), peppergal, peppermania, Baker Creek, Trade Winds, Tomato Grower's Supply, My Patriot Supply . . . and my own saved. Now to prevent damping off. Have ordered Pyrethrin to go with Actinovate, lots of fans, soil temps were 85 this morning when wood stove was dying, restoked, back up to 90F, soil temps (sorry, no pic), as while carrying in wood in our ice and snow/ice storm yesterday morning, I fell. Sorta fell. Falling would have hurt less: why do we try to stop the inevitable? This is my first grow of superhots, so please, any suggestions?! Lemme know, please. Right now the domes are on again, but will be slanting them off in a couple days, if not sooner, and always, flats get 20 minutes fresh air in morning. (Freezing but fresh air <grin>.)

Anns2013Glogsuperhotsinaflat.jpg

Anns2013Glogsuperhot2.jpg

Anns2013Glogfanonflats.jpg

Lights and mylar box--other side of shelving unit is large white sheet (and I know the mylar is crinkled). Also there's some diluted Clorox gunk am gonna get off, but for now, I like the idea of diluted Clorox gunk.
Anns2013Gloggrowlights.jpg

Anns2013Gloglightsmylarupclose.jpg

Other side lights: fans

Anns2013Gloglightswithfans.jpg

Thanks to so many helpful members here. I hope these seeds hook, live long, prosper, aka do not damp-off. Updates, I hope :rolleyes:. Peace, Annie

stickman said:
Nice looking sauce Annie! The Chayote makes it look a little pale, but I'm sure it tastes great.

Sorry to hear you got into a rhubarb with that kid in his truck... it sounds like you were a lot more patient with him than I would have been. Speaking of "Deliverance"... rear-window rifle racks were invented for people who drive like that. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks Rick. I'm officially in love with ripe chayote/chochos. I let my husband taste it--he reluctantly did. (After I tricked him into calamares in Barcelona, he's not trusted me. They were delicious, too: more for me. :D ) He paused and said, "Tastes like core of cabbage but better . . . way better;" and had another piece, and was going for another when I told him I'd buy more. Geez. (Remember "Let Mikey try it"?) Want to send you some: my mother loves your hab red sauce. No; "Mikey" won't try it.

Every time I hear or think of gun-racks, I hear Robin Williams' echo of best line ever on them. But while the hit wasn't in malice it wasn't compassionate and it sure wasn't a Volvo. Yeah, if our kids actually got out in sun to work, some would have some literal red to the neck. Cuello rojo. But Xbox and lazy parents killed that. Around these parts, gun-racks so "prized," kids get the rack when they don't have a gun, not inherited, no money to buy. :rolleyes:

I might have been more livid to "let's active" had I not been peeling myself off pavement and crawling to bushes to "get rid of intense pain response."

I want to get at least 60 more Ramon/JA Hab pods to make this sauce again but hotter, with amendments listed: also edited--makes 72 oz or 2.25 quarts; ordering more woozys. Gonna try it with MoA's next year but as sweet as they are, take 100 MoAs: just fine.) Please PM me your addy to send you some; want your take on it, suggestions, etc. Somewhere in mix I didn't add your address to THP address book or is in a separate W-doc that I can't find. My bad. Thanks and ave good one!

WalkGood said:
I too made one with 40 to 50 JA Habs last year that I felt did not come out as hot as my peppers are normally but I ended up loving the sauce and that's the important thing IMHO. Awesome work you do muchacha and hope the flavors merge to make it even more awesome for you :)

Hope you are feeling better ... I wish you and la familia a wonderful awesome weekend \o/

Yes, mi hermano, is good but I underestimated the sweetness of JA Hab and tolerance is up. Want more to make it hotter but again, does taste good. Think key is crisp, sweet JA Habs with thick sweet flesh and ripe chochos. Would like your impressions; am sending you some. Did you get package mailed to you, scheduled "deliverance" lol, yesterday? Have a fin de semana de puta madre, con tu familia, querido!

Durham Bull said:
ouchy, feel better soon...
the sauces look great.

Yeah, ouchy, Sly and can't wait for needles in back, arm, etc. next week to open and relief some muscle/tendon tension.

It's a good sauce and am critical of my stuff, so . . . just needs more JA Habs to make it mas picante. Ground black pepper is too harsh compared to white p-corns. Be good for tailgating if ya going down to Hotlanta for the GA Tech game! :rofl: Throw some extract in this and give to Heels' D-line to light them up? (We're gonna get effin' slaughtered.) Oh: you're a dookie? I'll pray for ya  ;) . Just kiddin'--not roundball season yet.

One last thing: this sauce makes 72 oz. Thanks!

annie57 said:

Thanks Rick. I'm officially in love with ripe chayote/chochos. I let my husband taste it--he reluctantly did. (After I tricked him into calamares in Barcelona, he's not trusted me. They were delicious, too: more for me. :D ) He paused and said, "Tastes like core of cabbage but better . . . way better;" and had another piece, and was going for another when I told him I'd buy more. Geez. (Remember "Let Mikey try it"?) Want to send you some: my mother loves your hab red sauce. No; "Mikey" won't try it.

Every time I hear or think of gun-racks, I hear Robin Williams' echo of best line ever on them. But while the hit wasn't in malice it wasn't compassionate and it sure wasn't a Volvo. Yeah, if our kids actually got out in sun to work, some would have some literal red to the neck. Cuello rojo. But Xbox and lazy parents killed that. Around these parts, gun-racks so "prized," kids get the rack when they don't have a gun, not inherited, no money to buy. :rolleyes:

I might have been more livid to "let's active" had I not been peeling myself off pavement and crawling to bushes to "get rid of intense pain response."

I want to get at least 60 more Ramon/JA Hab pods to make this sauce again but hotter, with amendments listed: also edited--makes 72 oz or 2.25 quarts; ordering more woozys. Gonna try it with MoA's next year but as sweet as they are, take 100 MoAs: just fine.) Please PM me your addy to send you some; want your take on it, suggestions, etc. Somewhere in mix I didn't add your address to THP address book or is in a separate W-doc that I can't find. My bad. Thanks and ave good one!

It's hard to come up with a snappy comeback when you're in intense pain... I know! Boy, the world sure has changed in the last 30-odd years... I joined the Army in the spring of 1978... the first year of the "All volunteer Army". Most of the guys in my training company were from the deep south, and the majority of them were from the Mississippi delta. I think they were the last generation to grow up there without central air conditioning. I hate the really hot weather, but they just slowed down and kept on going. We had one kid named Aaron who got his first new pair of shoes when he enlisted. He was a skinny kid with bad teeth and blonde hair halfway down his back... (the Mullet hadn't been invented yet) I don't think I truly understood the term "dirt poor" until I met him. He was eating better than he had in his whole life, but was homesick, and when he sent half of his first paycheck home he asked his family to send him a shoebox full of clay from the family claybank to eat. I guess it was a dietary supplement for him. He'd never handled a rifle before either, and only qualified with one after intense tutoring by the DIs.

Sure, I'll give a taste to your sauce and send back what feedback I can. Will pm my addy. Cheers!

stickman said:

It's hard to come up with a snappy comeback when you're in intense pain... I know! Boy, the world sure has changed in the last 30-odd years... I joined the Army in the spring of 1978... the first year of the "All volunteer Army". Most of the guys in my training company were from the deep south, and the majority of them were from the Mississippi delta. I think they were the last generation to grow up there without central air conditioning. I hate the really hot weather, but they just slowed down and kept on going. We had one kid named Aaron who got his first new pair of shoes when he enlisted. He was a skinny kid with bad teeth and blonde hair halfway down his back... (the Mullet hadn't been invented yet) I don't think I truly understood the term "dirt poor" until I met him. He was eating better than he had in his whole life, but was homesick, and when he sent half of his first paycheck home he asked his family to send him a shoebox full of clay from the family claybank to eat. I guess it was a dietary supplement for him. He'd never handled a rifle before either, and only qualified with one after intense tutoring by the DIs.

Sure, I'll give a taste to your sauce and send back what feedback I can. Will pm my addy. Cheers!

My "come back" was more audio/visual, good Gawd, that hurt.

A lot's changed in past 60 years, Rick. My dad was drafted into Korea, walked the bridges. Excellent marksman, taught me to shoot. Only thing I know is he walked bridges and we were playing "army" as kids. I shot next door neighbor kid with fake gun--back when fake guns were okay--non-violence promoting was not "in;" I'm not violent (watched cartoons too and am not violent . . . unless 2 fights in basketball game in h.s. count--same girl, same team and she was eventually suspended from league for just brutal fouls); anyhow, we were playing army one day and this kid got up after he was supposed to be dead. I yelled at him that he couldn't get up: he was dead! Man, my father flew out of house in some reaction never seen from him before or since and shook me: "You never killed a man!" Then, he came to, and first time I'd ever seen a tear in his eye. We don't ask; he don't tell. And my mother swore she'd beat us within inch of life if we ever asked him about it. But from that interaction I gathered . . . and he talked about being in army with guys really poor too. Which speaks.

My dad didn't grow up that poor. He grew up country, but they raised pigs, chickens, had a few acres of garden, mules to plow, my grandmother canned/pickled with wild ferments; they grew 3 seasons. But local folks around here, knew about a kid eating dirt aka clay, they'd take them some collards or beets, turnips: knew those kids were missing minerals in their diets without having that exact info. Actually clay-eating, "dirt-eaters" were pretty common around here. As it turns out could be some benefits: kaolin clay. OTH, I knew kids my mother fed, made extra esp. in summer: their "dinners" were wild onions. No lie. Sad.

Gonna make a round of X-hot-sweet mountain chow-chow and send ya some that as well.
Thank you Jason/GA G-Head!

I'll identify as soon as he identifies what I didn't: some peach bhut, white bhut, SB mushrooms, think choc bhut, think black naga, maybe king naga, could be mustard hab or some green hab and maybe bhut orange Copenhagen. Yellow 7? White 7? And some other tings can't identify. Again, thank you, Jason!!

AnnsGlog9-13Jason2_zpsad250b50.jpg
AnnsGlog9-13Jason1_zps9a482f29.jpg

Nice haul from Jason Annie!

Interesting stories, eating dirt? That make me sad.

I sure hope your shoulder feels better!

Rick, I can see why you're not thrilled with hot weather. It took me quite a while to get used to the heat here, but the plus is, once adapted, one can do what they need to....just do it early during the hot months!

Have a great weekend! It's a well deserved for sure!

annie57 said:
… Yes, mi hermano, is good but I underestimated the sweetness of JA Hab and tolerance is up. Want more to make it hotter but again, does taste good. Think key is crisp, sweet JA Habs with thick sweet flesh and ripe chochos. Would like your impressions; am sending you some. Did you get package mailed to you, scheduled "deliverance" lol, yesterday? …

Between you and Shane you’re making sure my Cuban azz is on fire, hahahaha … tank you and only package that came in last night was Shane’s box de fire but I’ll keep my eye out. What is it you want, my opinion, how I like or general impression?

Interesting story about the dirt eating kids, while I’ve read about it I never know anyone who partakes … I wonder if it’s any good with a little JA Hab powder ;) Only kidding, that’s sad if it’s purely due to financial status. That’s one reason I have no problem buying or providing food for the poor, I just don’t like giving mula cause someone may end up using for booze or drugs and that’s just not right when kids go hungry.

Whoa what a beautiful score from Jason … maybe your Dominican azz will be on fire too, hahahaha

Have a wonderful weekend muchacha and hope your whole family does the same :)

Edit: I'm running out to check da box now, bbl
Edit 2: Yes package came in and it's full of yellow 7s ... thank you, give me a few minutes to take some pics and post here ^_^

Devv said:
Nice haul from Jason Annie!

Interesting stories, eating dirt? That make me sad.

I sure hope your shoulder feels better!

Rick, I can see why you're not thrilled with hot weather. It took me quite a while to get used to the heat here, but the plus is, once adapted, one can do what they need to....just do it early during the hot months!

Have a great weekend! It's a well deserved for sure!

Eh, I miss that heat or Austin heat w/o AC. lol. Well, one window unit in 4 bedroom house with bunch musicians rehearsing and/or being on 40' ladder in summer sun, painting . . . I mean, they said, "If you don't commit suicide first summer, you'll love it." Evidently, I loved it. Coming back in here in summer to visit felt cold. Truly, cold. Shoulder hoits but well, be okay. Thanks and you have great weekend too!

WalkGood said:

Between you and Shane you’re making sure my Cuban azz is on fire, hahahaha … tank you and only package that came in last night was Shane’s box de fire but I’ll keep my eye out. What is it you want, my opinion, how I like or general impression?

Interesting story about the dirt eating kids, while I’ve read about it I never know anyone who partakes … I wonder if it’s any good with a little JA Hab powder ;) Only kidding, that’s sad if it’s purely due to financial status. That’s one reason I have no problem buying or providing food for the poor, I just don’t like giving mula cause someone may end up using for booze or drugs and that’s just not right when kids go hungry.

Whoa what a beautiful score from Jason … maybe your Dominican azz will be on fire too, hahahaha

Have a wonderful weekend muchacha and hope your whole family does the same :)

Yeah, Jason's trying to kill me!

That's weird--I sent you--but my husband mailed it--I did see the tracking number but by then was taking some pain meds :rolleyes: . Not sauce as was not made yet, sending that later with some other goodies. The man said he gave me the tracking number but God only knows; pain meds and I do not do well. Got another one ready and he's gonna do-over again in morning; I'll PM you tracking number . . . give you time to enjoy "Shane's pain" but dangit . . . whatever. Still want to see and trace that other tracking number. smh Watch package show up tomorrow! :rofl:

Also, my father's surgery, carotid endarterectomy, is scheduled for next Friday morning in Asheville at 8 am. Prayers, thoughts, appreciated! My shoulder needs to get better fast. At least I lived in Asheville and know some half-a decent burger etc. joints in the tofu capital of NC. :rolleyes: Also, pray for me as will be taking my mother up Friday morning early o'clock; she's been telling me how to drive since learner's permit. :lol: (Gotta throw some humor in here.)

You may have missed my Edit2 before you posted ... Muchacha your box of hot Latin pepper love arrived, they look like yellow 7s am I right? Last ones I tried of yours were awesome, mucho citrus taste IIRC, were great in a sofrito starter and I assume awesome in a sauce. ¡Muchas gracias!

Glad it made it! packed that box in a mad rush off before heading to work, post office in route. Let me think about a few that i cant remember. :D Orange thai peppers were perfect! Thanks so much!
Going to end up in a sauce with my smaller orange thais soon. It's been a made rush the last few days. Stayed up late, loosing sleep time to deseed and fill the dehydrator, after work ten plus hour days.
Hope your feeling better. Glad nothing is broke, other than bones can heal faster than other important parts in our bodies.

annie57 said:
Thank you Jason/GA G-Head!

I'll identify as soon as he identifies what I didn't: some peach bhut, white bhut, SB mushrooms, think choc bhut, think black naga, maybe king naga, could be mustard hab or some green hab and maybe bhut orange Copenhagen. Yellow 7? White 7? And some other tings can't identify. Again, thank you, Jason!!
AnnsGlog9-13Jason1_zps9a482f29.jpg
Top left red are trin scorp sweets.
Below that are Jay's peach ghost scorps. to the right of them are TFM bonnets, then white devil's tongues. Below the WDTs are giant white habs. to the left of the GWHs are Yellow 7 LRG. They are different than reg yel 7s. More hab structure like with good flavor and heat.
To their left are trin sunrise scorps and mustard habs. Below the mustard habs are some F2s from a mystery cross that ended up in some seeds from judy @pepperlover. That one plant produced green-light bronze maturing pods that grow upward. To their right should be Jay's red ghost scorps and then the red PI-441598s, followed by BOCs. And choc big bang nagas on bottom left. Looks like a few jamaican hot chocs too in the other pict. And i think there were some jellybean white habs and tepins as fillers too.
Let me know if any are not clicking with that breakdown, and i will do my best to help figure them out.
And 7 infinities above the BOCs. ;)
A few madballz 7 rusty color in there too.

GA Growhead said:
I had to recreate the scene of heaven this morning to get this right, what was left of it, lol: Thank you, Jason!
Top left red are trin scorp sweets. Okay, this is a new one and tasted it--really nice, sweet taste and like it better than Trin Scorp Perfumes.
Below that are Jay's peach ghost scorps. These are excellent too, a little more bite than reg peach. Ate whole one, half at time. Saving seeds! to the right of them are TFM bonnets--already eaten and drying seeds--a girl needs a bonnet on pizza for dinner then white devil's tongues. Wow, tasted pretty white bhutesque to me--only had a bite of half last night, with a touch more heat: NICE. Below the WDTs are giant white habs. to the left of the GWHs are Yellow 7 LRG. They are different than reg yel 7s. More hab structure like with good flavor and heat. Yes, I recognize those: got them from Judy this year: huge y7's!
To their left are trin sunrise scorps and mustard habs. Got it. Below the mustard habs are some F2s from a mystery cross that ended up in some seeds from judy @pepperlover. That one plant produced green-light bronze maturing pods that grow upward. (?!) To their right should be Jay's red ghost scorps (tried those too and touch warmer than peach) and then the red PI-441598s--am confused about this but will go by taste because sure they aren't as hot as j's gs rds--followed by BOCs--BOC, yes! I wondered! Cool! And choc big bang nagas on bottom left. Thank you--am gonna taste and grow out if like better than black naga or why not both? Looks like a few jamaican hot chocs too in the other pict. Indeed. And i think there were some jellybean white habs and tepins as fillers too. Yeah, buddy; the jbeanwhite habs went in a roux for chicken tortellini alfredo (or my part of it) last night! Tepins, just munching on: thank you.
Let me know if any are not clicking with that breakdown, and i will do my best to help figure them out. Nope: got it except for PI441598 and will figure out via taste.
And 7 infinities above the BOCs. ;) Yeah, I saw that evil look to them. Bought Pepto yesterday. :onfire:
A few madballz 7 rusty color in there too. Yes, they were covered by Jay's red ghost scorps and PI441598s. But I found them. Man, I LOVE madballz. Already eaten half a half that too just to get a fix. (My stomach was a tad displeased last night.) Jamie got me hooked on madbz: pusher-man gittin' chillren addicted. :party:Gonna try the BOC today. Infinity can wait since it does, anyhow ;)

Thanks again for clarifying and being so generous with these beautiful pods! Hope those orange thai work out for you.
WalkGood said:
You may have missed my Edit2 before you posted ... Muchacha your box of hot Latin pepper love arrived, they look like yellow 7s am I right? Uh, yes and no. They are yellow 7, yellow Brain and TSMB yellow. If the pod has more orange on shoulders, like the last pic, that's a brain. Brain is 2nd row, the last on right in first pic. The smallest bumpier ones are TSMB yellow. And truthfully is hard to tell difference in taste in my opinion. The brain is a cross between yellow brain and giant yellow 7, which I sent most of. I ordered a brain plant online couple years ago and CCN sent yellow pod 7 plants that grew huge pods;  they all hung out together and this big brain--JJJesse/Carl calls it "Einstein"--happened. Can get the gigantic yellow 7 seeds from Judy but I wanted to see what would happen if I grew out seeds from ones probably crossed over two seasons. Brain lost some bump but got monster! Last ones I tried of yours were awesome, mucho citrus taste IIRC, were great in a sofrito starter and I assume awesome in a sauce. These would be great in a sauce, sofrito starter but they got hotter, querido: ask Scott. ;) ¡Muchas gracias! De nada, mi hermano! You've been so generous! :dance:

Enjoy! They warm! Also, you make an edible sauce with these--challenge :dance: --please post the recipe. I tried last year and it was melt face, add peaches, add mango, add celery, add pineapple; it was so hot!

Devv said:
Nice haul there from Annie!

Can't wait to see what you think of them!

I say YUM!..and HOT!

Yum, yes and hottern a 10 buck (inflation) pistol as you know, Scott. Rick made a yellow 7 jerk based off Ramon's White bhut recipe (he used 3 yellow 7's) and uh, yeah! I went there last year with about same amount I sent Ramon with sauce and dear Christ! Maybe just what I did: kept peeling pineapple etc. to tame it! It :rofl: at me!

stc3248 said:
Ahhhh....the pepper love flowing in and out of Annie's house. All is good in the world. your Funky-Schway must be on point. 

Y'ain't right, Shane. ;) What I luv 'boutcha!

Wed. was outta work from "the trucky go boom shoulder" and kid sends me email asking to feng shui classroom. I mean, she sent pic of bagua like I never heard of this. I plead, "taking pain meds" but asked colleague who lives near me to come by and pick up a sage stick, told him that a kid wanted it for her apartment. He did. I shot email off to kid and told her just to sage the room BUT to leave the door open so bad vibes could leave. (I was concerned about overhead sprinklers.) I chuckled and waited on her email while ignoring call from dept chair. Email: "They got mad at me and thought I was smoking pot until I showed them and they had to open windows and bring in fans to blow it out. Am I in trouble?" :rolleyes:

stc3248 said:
Haha...could've used a Flicker Feather...and swept them away, but I like the idea of smoke and flames better!

And when she caught the feather on fire . . . as have told Ramon, "We'd be dangerous working together."

Nice haul of pods you sent him! Were those the Mysteries at bottom of his box? Want a box of "Yellow Hell"? I mean, when more ripen. Sent Jamie a box too.  :D  Your bubble-gum and brains am growing both make my teeth go numb and for life of me . . . just different receptors per locale. Could market for tooth-ache treatment :think: . Not-reapers you sent went in the "Tex-MeXXX" ferment: they are sweet and warm. Have a good weekend!

Bhut Orange Copenhagen review (from Jason/GA Growhead) but first a message from . . . wow.

Saving some seeds and doing a pod or two taste, Choc Big Bang Naga, Madballz, Infinity, just nibbles. Tasted Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion (again) and really mild, ate half of it and then ate other half. Warm but tastes a lot like Peach Bhut. I have 1/2 gallon those (Peach Bhut) fermenting for a mild sauce. JPBGS might have a touch more bite to it than peach bhut but at least pod I had was peach "bhutesque" Ate some with queso dip made last night, had jalapeños, serranos in it, serranos as hot as JPBGS. BUT a pepper to grow, along with peach bhut if want something mild and actually think it would go well with, oddly serranos, jals. Done. Great pod, Jason: thanks! Please tell Bonnie about this pod.

Couldn't leave well enough alone. A month or so ago had watched Matt's review of this here but like with some stuff on youtube I get interrupted half-way through and only caught his final impressions of the Bhut Orange Copenhagen or BOC. Jason sent it. Had to try it. Now, the review of BOC but first, a pic:

AnnsGlog9-14BhutOrangeCopenhagen_zpsebc5b478.jpg

Pretty, huh? It's orange. (I may post pic of pod later but am still recovering.) Moreover, pic of them, above, in Jason's clarification of what he sent.

I'd taken seeds out of all three and this half a pod was . . . there. So, I took a bite.

Flavor/Smell: 10 on scale of 10! Tastes like a ripe cantaloupe crossed with ripe peach or mango, very tropical fruity. And initially, no burn.
Heat: GAWD! I chew peppers really, really well so that they don't jump on back of my throat with hot coal chainsaws, if they have, primarily, a throat-burn. Am chewing, wonderful fruitiness, superb taste, and suddenly DAYUM! And I kept chewing because had already swallowed some; press on. But during the entire pain time, blowing nose--eyes watering--could handle it because the flavor of BOC didn't turn gross or metallic or bitter like some do, especially when swallowing. That which was odd was that it didn't do an instant heat like most bhuts do. But it built like a bhut and went, unlike a bhut for me, traveling around in my mouth until it did get to back of my throat. Now, the heat is hard for me to scale because it being orange, not red, I just slammed that entire deseeded half in my mouth after taking a nibble expecting something like peach bhut: couldn't be more wrong. Severe heat was only couple long minutes, then mellowed. Didn't sweat. But like Matt said, that aftertaste/smell of fruit stays wonderful. Half a deseeded Douglah is as hot but tastes like blaaa.
To Grow: ABSOLUTELY! This would make an amazing sauce, powder if wanting heat and flavor. It has a flavor like MoA with heat of a Douglah.
Summary: Best-tasting super-hot I've ever eaten and I only had half, loaded with placenta. Amazing taste.

The seeds are available here or maybe from a THP member growing it. Jason, thank you so, so much for the opportunity to try the BOC.

Great review Annie … love how you painted a picture in my mind with your descriptive comparison to a ripe cantaloupe crossed with ripe peach or mango and tropical to boot. Heck I wanted to cut down my varieties and you aren’t helping muchacha ;)

Nice review Annie!
Really glad it was a "nice" pepper!

I forgot to comment on your hot sauce....simply looks wonderful! Yet another recipe for me to try :party:

Have a great weekend!

The BOCs don't disappoint! The Jay's ghost scorps, both colors, haven't been as hot as some earlier ones. The first set where covered entirely in placenta on the inside. The last couple i have eaten or deseeded and dried don't have much placenta. The peach do taste like peach bhuts to me too. They have been a hair hotter than the peach bhuts on these lower side Jay's, but not by much.
The jellybean habs never disappoint either! Killer taste and heat. Love then!
Awesome BOC review. I think even the heat on them has gone down a bit. It has a great taste for sure and is a great producer on top of that!
Fall pod just not as hot as those summer one. That time of year already.

Back