• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Annie's 2014 Glog: FINAL Grow List before new 2014 glog

Began 2013 yesterday morning. 12 hour soak seed soak in potassium nitrate and H202 (diluted) in ice trays. Kept warm on heat mats. Mix is Promix BX with a lot of perlite added. Pre-moistened, then put in 72 cell 6 pack flats and bottom watered on heat mat to fully wet mix with Actinovate, kelp, Biotamax--a sliver--then drained, aerated with fork, then back to mats to await seeds. Lost a few seeds as I'm handier with turkey baster (obviously from seeds left in bulb when clean-up) when it's used for Q or turkey, but have plenty of viable seeds. Trying to prevent damping off. Seeds from Chris, Jamie (Romy6), Ed, Judy (pepperlover.com), peppergal, peppermania, Baker Creek, Trade Winds, Tomato Grower's Supply, My Patriot Supply . . . and my own saved. Now to prevent damping off. Have ordered Pyrethrin to go with Actinovate, lots of fans, soil temps were 85 this morning when wood stove was dying, restoked, back up to 90F, soil temps (sorry, no pic), as while carrying in wood in our ice and snow/ice storm yesterday morning, I fell. Sorta fell. Falling would have hurt less: why do we try to stop the inevitable? This is my first grow of superhots, so please, any suggestions?! Lemme know, please. Right now the domes are on again, but will be slanting them off in a couple days, if not sooner, and always, flats get 20 minutes fresh air in morning. (Freezing but fresh air <grin>.)

Anns2013Glogsuperhotsinaflat.jpg

Anns2013Glogsuperhot2.jpg

Anns2013Glogfanonflats.jpg

Lights and mylar box--other side of shelving unit is large white sheet (and I know the mylar is crinkled). Also there's some diluted Clorox gunk am gonna get off, but for now, I like the idea of diluted Clorox gunk.
Anns2013Gloggrowlights.jpg

Anns2013Gloglightsmylarupclose.jpg

Other side lights: fans

Anns2013Gloglightswithfans.jpg

Thanks to so many helpful members here. I hope these seeds hook, live long, prosper, aka do not damp-off. Updates, I hope :rolleyes:. Peace, Annie

annie57 said:
Indeedy on the SFRB, Rick. Whole deseeded yellow bhut opened "fall head" this morning, briefly; 86F and the dang trees don't know it. Review later.

You/Shane on list to get pint jerk (sent neither of you anything yet). It's hot, right spicy, makes WWood sit down, which doesn't say much. But let you decide that one when I get all these sauces made. Salud, sweetie!

Sorry to hear Ragweed pollen isn't your friend Miz Annie... it hits my wife pretty good about now too. She says she can't wait for winter to get here so she can breathe again... Lol! At least you have enough pepper love on hand to help open up your sinuses...

Thanks for the offer of Jerk sauce Ma'am... I've never tried Walkerswood sauce, so I can't make any informed comparison, but I'll take your word for it... I'm sure it is better though, since homemade always pays more attention to detail than commercial varieties. Cheers!

WalkGood said:
Muchacha, I think this is a must with your island paste. Hab a great weekend Annie :)

Ah, you know mi corazon, querido! Every time I visit that site, I can't order because I look at $$$ in my cart. I just want lots of wood and leaves "but then again" so get the Badia allspice berries in packs and toss on apple wood for first hour of cook, lol! Not great for grinding but give some nice smoke. I wish somebody'd get hint and X-mas? lol But now that things have really changed, gonna get wood and leaves (maybe berries, dang, lol) for myself!

Burnt Hades outta hand today, well half my hand; friends dropping by now (a lot), which is fine, but not when taking woozys out of 212F+++ water. Sailors blushed at my language. At least her husband saw aloe plants on front porch. Had bonnet sauce--excellent sauce too, mon--at around 200 so temps would stay over 185 while bottling. Ran cold water over it, kept going. Not about to ruin that processing. "Note to self--hide car--lock doors when making sauce" and the next one will have to wait until Monday. It was 90F here today: cold shower for hand. And tomorrow.

Question: you had that peach bhut am fermenting. I don't think it's that hot. Made some white bhut powder blend with anise. How's about 2 tablespoons that in the sauce to kick heat. Adding mango and papaya to it. Que piensas?

Am gonna relax and catch up on glogs tomorrow. Just wondering what you thought about the powder addition as both bhuts have that anise mid-tone? Have great night! (And love to have your thoughts on this powder idea to the sauce!!)

stickman said:

Sorry to hear Ragweed pollen isn't your friend Miz Annie... it hits my wife pretty good about now too. She says she can't wait for winter to get here so she can breathe again... Lol! At least you have enough pepper love on hand to help open up your sinuses...

Thanks for the offer of Jerk sauce Ma'am... I've never tried Walkerswood sauce, so I can't make any informed comparison, but I'll take your word for it... I'm sure it is better though, since homemade always pays more attention to detail than commercial varieties. Cheers!

Ragweed, fallen redbud leaves, etc., Rick. :shocked: Tell your wife that you have a pepper cure for that. :shame: I ate a Douglah with breakfast! Toward end of it, could taste how awful it was, raw. But never finished; served its purpose. (Smoked with "others" and fermented they're not bad,)

I think you'll like this! Tastes authentic and in a Dominican "authentic" manner, if you make, or go easy button, and buy some mojo, this stuff will last a while as it's uh, warm. Friend, colleague at lang institute, where we taught, showed me that. He was from Cuba but they do it all over D.R. Make a really hot "pasta jamaiquina" mixed with an ajo mojo, bitter orange, spices. Or use as is, or whatever want to do with it. I do like site Ramon linked to for pimento wood! So much, I can never decide :crazy: :lol: . Have wonderful night!

annie57 said:

Ah, you know mi corazon, querido! Every time I visit that site, I can't order because I look at $$$ in my cart. I just want lots of wood and leaves "but then again" so get the Badia allspice berries in packs and toss on apple wood for first hour of cook, lol! Not great for grinding but give some nice smoke.

I was joking around with the Pimento Wood, I know it’s very hard to get in the US. When I feel like splurging I’ll spring for the chips but I hate using chips in a smoker, waste of money as little logs/chunks work best for me. That said, I’ve not found the perfect substitute but like you say, apple would works good, I’ve read that other fruit tree woods work great as well, have you tried others?

annie57 said:
… Question: you had that peach bhut am fermenting. I don't think it's that hot. Made some white bhut powder blend with anise. How's about 2 tablespoons that in the sauce to kick heat. Adding mango and papaya to it. Que piensas? …

I agree, I don’t find her that hot either, the powder does seem hotter as it’s concentrated so you could give her a try (disclaimer, I’ve never done a ferment). I love mango in my sauces VS sugar and I make little test batches to see how much or little I need, have not tried Papaya but it sounds wonderful to me. I’d use one or the other and focus on it’s flavor working with the rest of your sauce, dam muchacha you’ve got me salivating, hehehe.

annie57 said:
… Am gonna relax and catch up on glogs tomorrow. Just wondering what you thought about the powder addition as both bhuts have that anise mid-tone? Have great night! (And love to have your thoughts on this powder idea to the sauce!!)

I think you can make it work, use less than you estimate and taste test adding more if needed. Again small test batches are best to do this with as it’s hard on large batches. Enjoy your day on the glogs tomorrow, unfortunately I’m back to work :/

annie57 said:
… Ragweed, fallen redbud leaves, etc., Rick. :shocked: Tell your wife that you have a pepper cure for that. :shame: I ate a Douglah with breakfast! Toward end of it, could taste how awful it was, raw. But never finished; served its purpose. (Smoked with "others" and fermented they're not bad,)

I love home remedies, don’t ever give up on abuela’s secrets \o/

annie57 said:
I think you'll like this! Tastes authentic and in a Dominican "authentic" manner, if you make, or go easy button, and buy some mojo, this stuff will last a while as it's uh, warm. Friend, colleague at lang institute, where we taught, showed me that. He was from Cuba but they do it all over D.R. Make a really hot "pasta jamaiquina" mixed with an ajo mojo, bitter orange, spices. Or use as is, or whatever want to do with it. I do like site Ramon linked to for pimento wood! So much, I can never decide :crazy: :lol: . Have wonderful night!

Mmmmmm mojo anything is awesome … drooling now along salivating, lol … have an awesome day & week muchacha ^_^

WalkGood said:

I was joking around with the Pimento Wood, I know it’s very hard to get in the US. When I feel like splurging I’ll spring for the chips but I hate using chips in a smoker, waste of money as little logs/chunks work best for me. That said, I’ve not found the perfect substitute but like you say, apple would works good, I’ve read that other fruit tree woods work great as well, have you tried others?

I agree, I don’t find her that hot either, the powder does seem hotter as it’s concentrated so you could give her a try (disclaimer, I’ve never done a ferment). I love mango in my sauces VS sugar and I make little test batches to see how much or little I need, have not tried Papaya but it sounds wonderful to me. I’d use one or the other and focus on it’s flavor working with the rest of your sauce, dam muchacha you’ve got me salivating, hehehe.

I think you can make it work, use less than you estimate and taste test adding more if needed. Again small test batches are best to do this with as it’s hard on large batches. Enjoy your day on the glogs tomorrow, unfortunately I’m back to work :/

I love home remedies, don’t ever give up on abuela’s secrets \o/

Mmmmmm mojo anything is awesome … drooling now along salivating, lol … have an awesome day & week muchacha ^_^

Outta likes, so thank you, Ramon!  :dance:  Sorry you got to work today. :mope:

Terrible pic but nice, nice bonnet ferment sauce. Made 18 woozys but gave one to my mother. She kept tasting it, saying, "Hotter than that other guy's you let me try but . . . good." Still "tasting" when I left, didn't notice me leave. Hmm. Feel so uh, appreciated. lol

Sauce not dropped down yet--bottles really hot, sauce at over 200F to ensure seal. Left inverted in boxes overnight. Not gonna shrink wrap all. Label's enough to Goo-Gone on.

AnnsGlog10-6ScotchBonnetSauceDYerMaker_zps1c49496d.jpg

Ingredients:

1/2 gallon fermented bonnets with other ferment friends like organic yellow raisins for sugars, some garlic, some onion.
20 medium homegrown tomatillos--wish had dry roasted 'em but . . .
1 ripe pineapple peeled, whacked up
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 bunches scallion/green onion with healthy green tops
1/2 teasp. corinader
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon allspice, ground
1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
2 teaspoons brown sugar or to taste as pineapple was very sweet
2 teasp. salt
2 teasp. white pepper, ground
pinch nutmeg
1 Tablespoon orange juice concentrate
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 Tablespoon lime zest
shot rum
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
(1/2 burned right hand)

Really not stealing name of sauce from Bill's "Jamaica Me." "D'Yer Maker" was one of first songs I learned on bass and then friend helped me reggae it more than JPJones did on original. Then, years later, did same with nephew-bassist. Also such a deep song lyrically, with Bonzo's drumming :rofl:

Eventually will post to Hot Sauce Making.
Thanks Bill and ChilliMonsta for helping me with this immensely active ferment, initially.

Up Tuesday afternoon is Peach bhut ferment sauce! Yay? lol
Thanks for looking and have a great one!

Devv said:
Sauce looks great Annie!

Thanks for posting the recipe.

That song brings back memories, just had to play it, wore out the 8 track tape in the 70's!

I'm outta likes, Scott but thanks! And is good--another warm day--almost tempted to go down to pond catch a few crappie to try with nuggets but want to hit lake and surely not going today; 4 access areas filled with trucks/trailers.

Fermenting really brought out the flavor, few Bahamian Goats in there, added to heat. And stuff is so thick it shrinks a bit in woozys; only regret is not dry roasting tomatillos but not that big a deal.

Yep; went through 2 8Ts HoH by Zepp--ya remember the matchbook trick?--and sitting around on acoustic guitar picking apart Page's intro note sequences to "Over the Hills and Far Away." First song to teach me how much percussion the acoustic adds to an electric song. Man, time fly! :lol:

Yeah I wore out all their 8 tracks and then bought the vinyl versions all the way up to Physical Graffiti, I made digital copies a few years back for the music server. I just played Over the Hills and Far Away, wow! He could sing back then.

Nah don't remember the matchbook trick, whats that about?

Devv said:
Yeah I wore out all their 8 tracks and then bought the vinyl versions all the way up to Physical Graffiti, I made digital copies a few years back for the music server. I just played Over the Hills and Far Away, wow! He could sing back then.

Nah don't remember the matchbook trick, whats that about?

Well, "paper matchbook trick" maybe came from growing up rurally: this guy called, brilliantly, "The Tape Man," had this big trailer set up way out Hwy 64 near the "community" of Salem, NC on Sat and Sun. 3 8Ts for 5 bucks. Of course they were bootleg! Had copies of "real" labels. They played great but as the tape aged, had to position a book of matches under one side of 8 track right under player so it wouldn't drag. A year later, after gazillions of plays in car--talking car stereos here because I spent almost more on sound system than I did my first car, '68 Camaro. SS 350. Candy-apple red. I kept burning clutches on it because to race on hills . . . straight-A-vandal-class-artist, captain ball teams: "stay versatile my friends." My father got tired of me replacing clutches, even if I paid for them, so he said he'll trade it for me, even, for automatic. I called my Uncle Joe at car lot and told him Daddy was coming, not to put me in an "old lady" car; Daddy came back with a '70  Road Runner 440 6P, 3 carbs (hate the RR in cartoon but plastered all over car. So what?) Gloss blue. :party: (Pretended to protest a bit so he'd not know how happy I was. Joe done good! Some old woman had bought car new w/options and it was too fast. :tear: lol But of course, upgraded 8T sound system. ;) ) I never rant on kids with loud systems, now. Mama said she could hear "that Fog Bank" (Foghat) all the way to Hickory from house.

The great thing about 8T's is that you had to about listen to whole album to get to song ya initially wanted. I'd never have discovered E.Winter Group's "Autumn" if not for 8 T's. But then, songwriting and arranging tended to be intelligent, not looking for "the hit" and the rest of it "filler" b.s. I love vinyl too. On an off-chance my brothers would break the 45 I bought 2 copies of Bobbie Gentry's "Ode to Billie Joe" with "Mississippi Delta," which is actually better song, lyrically, because is more risque.

Sad but Plant had lost his voice by '83. Saw them in Hotlanta in '73. 10 years and "other stuff" killed his initial voice. But . . . speaking of PG, "Kashmir" just came on radio! "Synchro System"--King Sunny Ade ;)

Scott, here's a link: Caldwell's Vegetable Starter. and here's another, wide-mouth lids. Then for 5 bucks you can pick up grommets and airlocks at any homebrew store. Drill a hole to fit grommet or if all that sounds too complex: here's easy. Get 4, some 1/2 gallon or gallon wide mouth mason. In 40 days or less, depending on sweetness of pepper, that red hab sauce is going to take on a dimension, ya never would have imagined. All harshness of any fresh sauce is gone. pH runs around 3.6. Don't need vinegar. I use lime juice because like taste and once you begin processing, any fresh sugar will raise pH. With all that sweet pineapple and tomatillo, onion, 2 Tablespoons lime j. kept that sauce at 3.6 = shelf stable. And it has to be hot, woozys and sauce--I went 200F+ on sauce, held it 15 mins, so it wouldn't go below 185F for 30 mins, woozys same temp, funnel, pour, cap, invert. You and LB would LOVE this. Beth at Peppermania (in Texas) is great place to buy woozys: I trust her. Sends free shrink wrap. Xanthan gum samples, although I make thick sauces and could care less because people can shake a bottle. But she always sends free seeds too. In order to scale back your grow! :rofl: Great X-mas gifts?! And I won't leave you hanging but will walk you through every step in PM's. Why? Because reading through Bill and CM's ferment pages, bugging hell outta both in PM's? I'll spare ya that! Also, you guys already can and process! And you're gonna be overrun soon with ripe peppers. Ferments allow ya to set it, forget it, and make powders, pickles, etc. meantime. And plan on what you'll add to ferments when processing. I think I paid 20 bucks for pH meter, few more bucks for calibration solutions. Investment that will last.

Any human who can do what you've done, amazing, can do this (and you'll love it; LB will adore it)! Okay, off stump. "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good/Oh Lord, please don lemme be misunderstood" ;)

WalkGood said:
Dam dat Bonnet ferment sauce looks like another awesome looking sauce, great job muchacha \o/

Got ya covered on likes ^_^

209rc.jpg
209rc.jpg
209rc.jpg

209rc.jpg
209rc.jpg
209rc.jpg

209rc.jpg
209rc.jpg
209rc.jpg

Thank you for likes.

I think it's good, Ramon; kicked myself for not dry roasting tomatillos, but . . . will send you some woozys of stuff for enjoyment, I hope, and review. Last year, I got canned raw sauces too sweet trying to take out harsh taste; didn't work. Just wound up with ugh, sweet sauces. Good heat but too sweet. Now, the fatalii apple butter with bourbon is supposed to be sweet as glaze for meat and dipping sauce for wimps. But you make sauces fresh for immediate consumption. In that, no concern with harshness. But I don't have year-round grow conditions. And speaking of ferments, got couple free "jugs" now; hope to start a Y7, ybrain, Aji Limon, and another red naga, 7PB x Naga with TSMB reds today. Need to win some woozy lottery! :rofl: Y escoger mis numeros, querido, por favor? :lol:  Hope you're having a marvelous day!

Bodeen said:
Lovely looking sauce.  I am hoping to have enough MoA next year to try something in the sauce area.

Jeff, my dearest, if you have anything left on vine, just go for it! Esp. that 7P Burgundy: needs a ferment, however. Yeah, I had a few choice words for you not warning me about that pepper. OH: IT HAD GREAT TASTE! Heck, such a great taste, I deseeded, ate an entire half on settled migas breakfast--btw, your powder rocked on that--and later, homemade grilled pimento cheese sandwich. My stomach almost cramped (you owe me a bottle Maalox). :rofl:  j/k. Tasted so good no way could blitz stomach like that, right? :shocked:

Gonna review it. Great tasting but dang, it ain't for raw yum-yum consumption, but that's only way can taste a pepper to see what it goes with. (PTSD gastro flashbacks.) But other 7P burgundies had this year had awful taste. Be absolutely astounding in a ferment if that taste comes out in pods next year. Like a fig, kind. Yep, had a ripe, red inside figgy taste. Review with pics to follow. Thank you and I pray those seeds produce pods with that taste!

You didn't see the warning label on the stem on those peppers  :onfire:

I remember having to ferment cabbage in a crock when I was a kid and I am not sure I am that big on that process lol.  I am really glad you liked the pepper.  I ate half of a pod in an omelet for my first go around and it was awesome.  The next time I put the entire pod in.  Excellent once again, but my stomach bothered me the next day.  Wasn't a cramping stomach, just wasn't feeling right.  

I just picked off 8-10 more of those pods.  Going to be drying them so I can get some powder.  Gallon of them in the freezer already.  They are supposed to taste like a caramel and leave a honey after taste.  To me it is the best tasting 7.  Definitely the best 7 I have tried.

Glad you liked it and the powder.  Look forward to your review.

And if you would have read my review on my burgundy omelet, you would have been warned ;)

Jeff's/Bodeen's 7 Pod Burgundy Review (PG/R: swear not gonna cuss :liar: )

See the pretty pepper? Really gorgeous burgundy color! Not many seeds. A little yellow in placenta, oily, juicy!

AnnsGlog10-6Jeffs7PodBurgundy1_zps99cc6ae7.jpg

Removed seeds to save in case liked taste of this one but in truth, didn't have high hopes on taste, as 4th 7PBurg had this year and no offense, but usually that taste is absolutely awful. Usually. Really oily, shiny . . .

AnnsGlog10-6Jeffs7PodBurgundy2_zpsa7c5c963.jpg

And a taste and more of a taste:

AnnsGlog10-6Jeffs7PodBurgundy3_zpsee8d58b5.jpg

Feel: feels like holding a rock, nearly, nice solid feel.
Smell: has more of a fruit smell than most 7's and that speaks as most 7's have fruity aroma. But this was doubled.
Smell/taste: GREAT taste! Like a fig with agave! Sweet, juicy, thick, a lot to chew on and so good.
Heat: Touch of delay but not much. As much roof of mouth and back of tongue as throat. More all over mouth, really. Not terribly hot. Not a red TSMB or Reaper heat. No. Doable. Very enjoyable. Good sweat, "sinus effect," and taste so like figs dipped in agave, forgot about the heat and just chewed.
Summary (for me/caveat for younger readers): I always drink a little Maalox before trying a raw pepper; make sure eaten and food has settled. And all that held for this. But ya know, there's a feeling in upper-mid-lower esophagus that does warn ya; not burning but a "bubbling" feeling. A rising, expanding, bubbling . . . were one a python that just swallowed small whale that just had to blow one last time . . . hmm. And if you've felt that, you know that trouble is coming: mofo sumbitch, Godletmedie cramps. Had I eaten the entire thing, I'd maybe . . . dunno and don't want to. Just hit rest of Maalox and milk, breathed, which is hard, in a U shape.

2 hours later I could go primate again. BUT: it was my fault because I felt the whale blow with first bite and ignored it as pepper tasted so good. Greed. Tasted good. I ignored those warnings because have had cramps from peppers before. I've seen the light. But, as Plato said, paraphrased, "Can easily forgive a kid afraid of dark but the real tragedy are adults afraid of light." Or willfully ignoring light.
Verdict: gonna grow it and taste easy, not greedy. If first pods have this unmistakeable sweet fig taste, ferment. Powder.

Kudos to Jeff/Bodeen for growing an excellent tasting burgundy!

Bodeen said:
You didn't see the warning label on the stem on those peppers  :onfire:

The next time I put the entire pod in.  Excellent once again, but my stomach bothered me the next day.  Wasn't a cramping stomach, just wasn't feeling right.  
I just picked off 8-10 more of those pods.  Going to be drying them so I can get some powder.  Gallon of them in the freezer already.  They are supposed to taste like a caramel and leave a honey after taste.  To me it is the best tasting 7.  Definitely the best 7 I have tried.

Glad you liked it and the powder.  Look forward to your review.

And if you would have read my review on my burgundy omelet, you would have been warned ;)

Review above, Jeff. My fault for being greedy-guts. Were those seeds saved from last year? Most 7burgs taste like crap. Nooooooot this one! Deceptive, but not if paying attention; I wasn't. My bad on that but heck yeah, excellent tasting 7!

Say, Annie, great job on the taste reviews - enjoyed your descriptions.
Looks like you've been busy in the kitchen!  

Hope your season ends well   :cheers:

annie57 said:

Well, "paper matchbook trick" maybe came from growing up rurally: this guy called, brilliantly, "The Tape Man," had this big trailer set up way out Hwy 64 near the "community" of Salem, NC on Sat and Sun. 3 8Ts for 5 bucks. Of course they were bootleg! Had copies of "real" labels. They played great but as the tape aged, had to position a book of matches under one side of 8 track right under player so it wouldn't drag. A year later, after gazillions of plays in car--talking car stereos here because I spent almost more on sound system than I did my first car, '68 Camaro. SS 350. Candy-apple red. I kept burning clutches on it because to race on hills . . . straight-A-vandal-class-artist, captain ball teams: "stay versatile my friends." My father got tired of me replacing clutches, even if I paid for them, so he said he'll trade it for me, even, for automatic. I called my Uncle Joe at car lot and told him Daddy was coming, not to put me in an "old lady" car; Daddy came back with a '70  Road Runner 440 6P, 3 carbs (hate the RR in cartoon but plastered all over car. So what?) Gloss blue. :party: (Pretended to protest a bit so he'd not know how happy I was. Joe done good! Some old woman had bought car new w/options and it was too fast. :tear: lol But of course, upgraded 8T sound system. ;) ) I never rant on kids with loud systems, now. Mama said she could hear "that Fog Bank" (Foghat) all the way to Hickory from house.

Gotcha now on the matchbook trick, yeah we used to do the same thing. 8 track days were 35+ years ago! Wow! I had a 10 Years After bootleg that never played right unless wedged. Memories coming back, but you know what they say, if you had fun in the 70's you won't remember much :rofl:

I hear ya about clutches, my first car was a $15 '65 Chevy II with a blown 6 cyl. Dropped 2k in that baby, painted it, dropped in a V8 with Muncie 4 speed, 456 rear end.Hot little car. In one year: 9 clutches, 7 rear ends, 1 crankshaft, 4 transmissions. Couldn't tell ya how many sets of tires I went through. LOL those were the days.

The great thing about 8T's is that you had to about listen to whole album to get to song ya initially wanted. I'd never have discovered E.Winter Group's "Autumn" if not for 8 T's. But then, songwriting and arranging tended to be intelligent, not looking for "the hit" and the rest of it "filler" b.s. I love vinyl too. On an off-chance my brothers would break the 45 I bought 2 copies of Bobbie Gentry's "Ode to Billie Joe" with "Mississippi Delta," which is actually better song, lyrically, because is more risque.

If I remember correctly my Craig Powerplay had 4 channels..Ever notice when you started listening to full albums that you would pick out the spot where the channel changed?

Sad but Plant had lost his voice by '83. Saw them in Hotlanta in '73. 10 years and "other stuff" killed his initial voice. But . . . speaking of PG, "Kashmir" just came on radio! "Synchro System"--King Sunny Ade ;)

Did they sound like their recordings? I always wanted to see them, but after seeing the movie "The song remains the same" I was afraid.

Scott, here's a link: Caldwell's Vegetable Starter. and here's another, wide-mouth lids. Then for 5 bucks you can pick up grommets and airlocks at any homebrew store. Drill a hole to fit grommet or if all that sounds too complex: here's easy. Get 4, some 1/2 gallon or gallon wide mouth mason. In 40 days or less, depending on sweetness of pepper, that red hab sauce is going to take on a dimension, ya never would have imagined. All harshness of any fresh sauce is gone. pH runs around 3.6. Don't need vinegar. I use lime juice because like taste and once you begin processing, any fresh sugar will raise pH. With all that sweet pineapple and tomatillo, onion, 2 Tablespoons lime j. kept that sauce at 3.6 = shelf stable. And it has to be hot, woozys and sauce--I went 200F+ on sauce, held it 15 mins, so it wouldn't go below 185F for 30 mins, woozys same temp, funnel, pour, cap, invert. You and LB would LOVE this. Beth at Peppermania (in Texas) is great place to buy woozys: I trust her. Sends free shrink wrap. Xanthan gum samples, although I make thick sauces and could care less because people can shake a bottle. But she always sends free seeds too. In order to scale back your grow! :rofl: Great X-mas gifts?! And I won't leave you hanging but will walk you through every step in PM's. Why? Because reading through Bill and CM's ferment pages, bugging hell outta both in PM's? I'll spare ya that! Also, you guys already can and process! And you're gonna be overrun soon with ripe peppers. Ferments allow ya to set it, forget it, and make powders, pickles, etc. meantime. And plan on what you'll add to ferments when processing. I think I paid 20 bucks for pH meter, few more bucks for calibration solutions. Investment that will last.

Any human who can do what you've done, amazing, can do this (and you'll love it; LB will adore it)! Okay, off stump. "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good/Oh Lord, please don lemme be misunderstood" ;)

Haha! Yeah we're gonna give it a whirl! Thanks for the links!

Nice review on the Burgundy!

Sounds like a hot one!

Nice Reviewin' and Saucin',  Annie, 
Kudos, Jeff, on the Peppers
Forgot about Autumn, I wore one of those 8T out too. Liked those Winter boys, especially Johnny.
Take care of that hand, roasted mine last January too. Coold water, all you can stand, then pure essential lavender oil.

annie57 said:
Jeff's/Bodeen's 7 Pod Burgundy Review (PG/R: swear not gonna cuss :liar: )

See the pretty pepper? Really gorgeous burgundy color! Not many seeds. A little yellow in placenta, oily, juicy!

AnnsGlog10-6Jeffs7PodBurgundy1_zps99cc6ae7.jpg

Removed seeds to save in case liked taste of this one but in truth, didn't have high hopes on taste, as 4th 7PBurg had this year and no offense, but usually that taste is absolutely awful. Usually. Really oily, shiny . . .

AnnsGlog10-6Jeffs7PodBurgundy2_zpsa7c5c963.jpg

And a taste and more of a taste:

AnnsGlog10-6Jeffs7PodBurgundy3_zpsee8d58b5.jpg

Feel: feels like holding a rock, nearly, nice solid feel.
Smell: has more of a fruit smell than most 7's and that speaks as most 7's have fruity aroma. But this was doubled.
Smell/taste: GREAT taste! Like a fig with agave! Sweet, juicy, thick, a lot to chew on and so good.
Heat: Touch of delay but not much. As much roof of mouth and back of tongue as throat. More all over mouth, really. Not terribly hot. Not a red TSMB or Reaper heat. No. Doable. Very enjoyable. Good sweat, "sinus effect," and taste so like figs dipped in agave, forgot about the heat and just chewed.
Summary (for me/caveat for younger readers): I always drink a little Maalox before trying a raw pepper; make sure eaten and food has settled. And all that held for this. But ya know, there's a feeling in upper-mid-lower esophagus that does warn ya; not burning but a "bubbling" feeling. A rising, expanding, bubbling . . . were one a python that just swallowed small whale that just had to blow one last time . . . hmm. And if you've felt that, you know that trouble is coming: mofo sumbitch, Godletmedie cramps. Had I eaten the entire thing, I'd maybe . . . dunno and don't want to. Just hit rest of Maalox and milk, breathed, which is hard, in a U shape.

2 hours later I could go primate again. BUT: it was my fault because I felt the whale blow with first bite and ignored it as pepper tasted so good. Greed. Tasted good. I ignored those warnings because have had cramps from peppers before. I've seen the light. But, as Plato said, paraphrased, "Can easily forgive a kid afraid of dark but the real tragedy are adults afraid of light." Or willfully ignoring light.
Verdict: gonna grow it and taste easy, not greedy. If first pods have this unmistakeable sweet fig taste, ferment. Powder.

Kudos to Jeff/Bodeen for growing an excellent tasting burgundy!

Review above, Jeff. My fault for being greedy-guts. Were those seeds saved from last year? Most 7burgs taste like crap. Nooooooot this one! Deceptive, but not if paying attention; I wasn't. My bad on that but heck yeah, excellent tasting 7!

I really don't know where these seeds came from.  I don't believe it came from a pod, so it must have came from a seed train/pick a pepper trade.  I had one pod that was a perfect TS shape with stinger that I saved the seeds from.  Thinking about going with half a dozen plants from those seeds and see what kind of pods they throw.  Of course I am going to try to OW one of my three plants from this year.

Devv said:
Nice review on the Burgundy!

Sounds like a hot one!

Thanks! Not too hot, Scotty. Just a stomach thang. But again, my fault, because the pepper will warn ya before proceeding! If ever had those cramps bad, ya go back through, kinda like Emotional Freedom Technique for PTSD and since the body remembers, stop. But noooo. Didn't stop! My bad.

JJJessee said:
Nice Reviewin' and Saucin',  Annie, 
Kudos, Jeff, on the Peppers
Forgot about Autumn, I wore one of those 8T out too. Liked those Winter boys, especially Johnny.
Take care of that hand, roasted mine last January too. Coold water, all you can stand, then pure essential lavender oil.

Thanks, JJJ! (Jeff says thanks too. lol) Not gonna slam on "today's music" but remember "Drops of Jupiter" by Train? Bought the CD back when. Keep listening to it on occasion because was outraged, trying to pretend it's an 8T . . . and eventually I'll hear something aside from title track (so far not) but then not ONE bad song on Extreme's Pornograffitti. Adele's 21, which she's never going to top, sadly, unlessn she comes lives with you or me or somebody else in South. I'd like to write some solid country blues rockin' torch for her (that has 0 to do with some guy screwed her over in her mind--gets old).

Yep, lavender worked so great dang skin came off knuckles last night. Gettin' chilly for cold showers. Gonna try peach bhut sauce tomorrow. Borrowing welder's glove.

Bodeen said:

I really don't know where these seeds came from.  I don't believe it came from a pod, so it must have came from a seed train/pick a pepper trade.  I had one pod that was a perfect TS shape with stinger that I saved the seeds from.  Thinking about going with half a dozen plants from those seeds and see what kind of pods they throw.  Of course I am going to try to OW one of my three plants from this year.

"I really don't know where these seeds came from.  I don't believe it came from a pod, so it must have . . ." geez. Tell ya what, after you kill all the aphids off, send me that OW. Around April 15? I'll even pay shipping. :lol:

WalkGood said:
Great review Annie and a very enjoyable read ... Hope you have an awesome week muchacha :)

You too mi hermano querido. On theoretical lunch break. Had new desktop with Win 7 OP @ computer tech's office this morning at 8 am with case of stuff to install. "Not really illegal if we got product key." This was after my mother woke up at 5 am, called me; "Annie, I think I kinda messed up on my computer. What's this Office 365?" I was like, "Mama, you didn't." I suppose "hero bro" is losing money by the nanosecond over there trying to cancel that as we speak. :rofl: I texted him after several failed attempts! Don't take the DL's of the elderly but take their computers. She erased 15 novels off a Kindle, accidentally. Not that she uses it! smdh. Got student whining, gotta run! :twisted:

Back