• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Annie's 2014 Glog: FINAL Grow List before new 2014 glog

Began 2013 yesterday morning. 12 hour soak seed soak in potassium nitrate and H202 (diluted) in ice trays. Kept warm on heat mats. Mix is Promix BX with a lot of perlite added. Pre-moistened, then put in 72 cell 6 pack flats and bottom watered on heat mat to fully wet mix with Actinovate, kelp, Biotamax--a sliver--then drained, aerated with fork, then back to mats to await seeds. Lost a few seeds as I'm handier with turkey baster (obviously from seeds left in bulb when clean-up) when it's used for Q or turkey, but have plenty of viable seeds. Trying to prevent damping off. Seeds from Chris, Jamie (Romy6), Ed, Judy (pepperlover.com), peppergal, peppermania, Baker Creek, Trade Winds, Tomato Grower's Supply, My Patriot Supply . . . and my own saved. Now to prevent damping off. Have ordered Pyrethrin to go with Actinovate, lots of fans, soil temps were 85 this morning when wood stove was dying, restoked, back up to 90F, soil temps (sorry, no pic), as while carrying in wood in our ice and snow/ice storm yesterday morning, I fell. Sorta fell. Falling would have hurt less: why do we try to stop the inevitable? This is my first grow of superhots, so please, any suggestions?! Lemme know, please. Right now the domes are on again, but will be slanting them off in a couple days, if not sooner, and always, flats get 20 minutes fresh air in morning. (Freezing but fresh air <grin>.)

Anns2013Glogsuperhotsinaflat.jpg

Anns2013Glogsuperhot2.jpg

Anns2013Glogfanonflats.jpg

Lights and mylar box--other side of shelving unit is large white sheet (and I know the mylar is crinkled). Also there's some diluted Clorox gunk am gonna get off, but for now, I like the idea of diluted Clorox gunk.
Anns2013Gloggrowlights.jpg

Anns2013Gloglightsmylarupclose.jpg

Other side lights: fans

Anns2013Gloglightswithfans.jpg

Thanks to so many helpful members here. I hope these seeds hook, live long, prosper, aka do not damp-off. Updates, I hope :rolleyes:. Peace, Annie

HillBilly Jeff said:
Loving the fish/chix blend powder.  Only used it in chicken soup so far, but it is quite tasty.

Thank you for the "Got Lime?!" aspects of that one, Jeff! Your Burg 7 fish blend inspires!
Penny said:
Jalapeno wine......now that would be good!!! ;)
maximumcapsicum said:
How strange. You gonna make the jalapeño wine Annie? If so, do post pics!

Am seriously considering it, Penny and Adam. I'd just need a hydrometer (an uncle said I could have one of his) and decent racking set-up, which is inexpensive. (He also said I could  borrow his hand corker.)  I can hardly see something like Sepia Serpent but a little red king naga and Butch T, with mostly jals, be a tad warmer, as the jal wine I tasted at home brew place wasn't quite warm enough (and had some semblance to "quick prison"). Or a honey mead scotch bonnet would be great, I think. Oranges, mango, allspice berries, nutmeg and make it sparkling: "If ya don't have a Red Stripe . . ."

PaulG said:
Hey Annie.  The fish/chix blend was great on our salmon last night!

You have a nice Christmas, girl!
Paul I have to agree, I've had Annie's powder on both grilled chicken and mahi mahi and it's awesome! I also placed one of the others into a salt shaker as is and it's almost gone.

On another note, her BB Squealer Juice on pork, chicken, burgers and beef sandwiches ... the stuff sauce is just euphoric ^_^

Hat’s off muchacha \o_ y Feliz Navidad \o/

Am all outta likes for today and gotta hit road!

Devv said:
Annie,

Probably did this already, but twice don't hurt none:)

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Enjoy the time with your family!

You do the same, Scotty! Already loving your 2014 grow!!

PaulG said:
Hey Annie.  The fish/chix blend was great on our salmon last night!

You have a nice Christmas, girl!

Glad you liked it, Paul! You have a great Christmas and chances are, we'll communicate on here before New Year but :party: on that as well!

WalkGood said:
Paul I have to agree, I've had Annie's powder on both grilled chicken and mahi mahi and it's awesome! I also placed one of the others into a salt shaker as is and it's almost gone.

On another note, her BB Squealer Juice on pork, chicken, burgers and beef sandwiches ... the stuff sauce is just euphoric ^_^

Hat’s off muchacha \o_ y Feliz Navidad \o/

Glad you like the powder and sauce, mi hermano! Feliz Navidad a ti, and have already done Jose Feliciano on your glog! ;)

Penny said:
Well I'll tell you what Annie....you make some jalapeno wine, and I'll buy some from you. :dance:

Merry Christmas Eve, Penny and you might have a deal because Bill posted a sauce idea with green powder and wine. Welp, that kinda sealed deal. Probably see my uncle before end of 2013 and if so, gonna hit him up for bigger stuff needed that I don't already have. I know he'll "Hey kid, always were my favorite niece" etc. to get some off of me, once made, so I'm gonna talk with him, aka persuade, or manipulate, lol, since he's gonna manipulate me first. Dude makes killer stuff but has asked me about this before. High time I did it!

Its a deal, if you can make it, I'll buy it, although shipping would be a fortune I imagine, but it would so be worth it...plus that's all I really drink. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Happy Holidays to you and yours.. ;)

Thanks everybody for the Christmas wishes! A friend of mine from h.s. and college, who's in for first time in years, and I scoured local paper for something to do on New Year's Eve: we're going to go watch and warm ourselves, with a building that a local fire department is burning to the ground, for practice. Some guys have asked me to play at this club later on NYEve but I gotta remember that drunk and double-digit IQ is not my thing. Old friend from h.s./college gonna go run South Mountain State Park's 10 mile trail New Year's Day. Will have collards, cabbage, turnip greens, black-eyed peas with hamhocks slow simmering and whip up some Johnnycake as I imagine we'll easily eat 3651/4 black-eyed peas after that run.

Here's 2014's Grow List provided dude comes today to agree to take down some trees and another woman understands that I'm GIVING her and her husband a 50' x 35' chain link fence but YES, for FREE, they have to take it down. ("Is it already rolled up? Is it already down?" Really. Back to that double-digit IQ and laziness :rofl: )

Scotch Bonnet MoA yellow (Steve, Ramon/Walkgood)
Scotch Bonnet MoA red (Greg/PIC1)
Scotch Bonnet TFM (mine)
Scotch Bonnet Long (Greg/PIC1)
Scotch Bonnet Brown (Judy/Pepperlover)
Bahamian Goat (Greg/PIC1 and Grant/JungleRain)
Jamaican Red Mushroom (Refining Fire)
Jamaican Red Hab (mine 2013 from Walkgood 2012-2013)
Jamaican Hot Chocolate (mine and seed saved from Pia/Sanarda, others)
Chocolate Habañero (mine)
Elongated Black Hab (Refining Fire)
White Habañero (Jeff/Bodeen, Jason GA Growhead)
White Hab Stinger Pod (Paul G)
Peach Hab (Jason/GA Growhead)

Yellow 7 Giant (mine and Jason/GA Growhead/Judy)
Yellow Brainstrain (mine/Judy)
Yellow Moruga (mine)
Fatalii Yellow (mine)
Bonda Ma Jacques (mine)
Yellow Primo (Jamie/Romy6)
Yellow Jonah (Grant/Jungle Rain)

Tabasco (mine)
White 7 (Jason/GA Growhead, Jamie/Romy6)
White Fatalii (Greg/PIC1)
Yellow Fatalii (my seed)
Yellow 7 Giant—(mine and Jason/GA Growhead)
Yellow Brainstrain (mine)
Yellow Moruga 7 (mine)
Yellow Jonah (Jamie/Romy 6)
Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise x Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate (Kevin/Wayright via Junglerain)
7 Pot Chiguanas Yellow (Shane or Chris/ Cmpman)
Bhut Orange Copenhagen (Jason/GA Growhead)
Black Naga (JJJesse and Pia/Sanarda)
Yellow Bhut x Primo (Pia/Sanarda)
Orange Primo (Romy6/Jamie)
Choc Bhut x Yellow 7 F5 (Grant/JungleRain (and some other seed of this as F3 in 2012)
Naga Tabasco (Grant/Junglerain)
Peach Bhut (Judy/pepperlover, Ramon/Walkgood, Jeff/Hillbilly Jeff)
Jay’s Peach Ghost Scorp (Jason/GA Growhead/Hillbilly Jeff)
White Bhut (Ramon/Walkgood)
Yellow Bhut (my seeds from 2012/CCN/Hillbilly Jeff)
Monster Naga (probably same as King Naga, Judy/pepperlover)
Funky Reaper (Scott/Devv)
Madballz (Jamie/Romy6  and Jason/GA Growhead)
Bubblegum 7(Pia/Sanarda and Jason GA Growhead)
Chocolate Moruga (Refining Fire)
Burgundy 7 Pot (Jeff/Bodeen seed)
Red Jonah (Jamie/Romy6)
Butch T (Refining Fire)
Red Thai (sample seed)
Chocolate Barrackpore (Jason/GA Growhead)
Barrackpore (Jamie/Romy6  and Jason/GA Growhead)
Sunrise Scorpion (Jason/GA Growhead)
7 Pod Brown x Naga (mine from Jamie/Romy6 2012)
Douglah (mine/Jamie Romy 6 from 2012)
Goat’s Weed (Shane/Judy)

Ancho (mild, sample seed and mine)
Pasilla Bajilo (sample seed and mine)

Cayenne—mine
Cracked Jal/Jalapa—mine
Jal M—CCN
Giant Jalapeño (mine)
Big Jim Numex (my cousin and sample seed)

Fish (sample seed)
Aji Limon (my seed)
Yellow Bouquet (Kevin,/Wayright 2012, 2013 my seed)
Peruvian Serlano (Jamie/Romy6)—hope these become sweet and fruity like pods Jamie sent
Hurrikan (Pia/Sanarda)
West Indies Hab (Pia Sanarda)
Trinidad Sweets (Jason/GA Growhead)
Trinidad Perfume (mine)
Tobago Seasoning (Judy/pepperlover)
Yellow CARDI (mine from seed)
Brown Egg (Jason/GA Growhead)
Georgia Black (Jason/GA Growhead)

Big Berth Hybrid—4 to order from CCN because don’t want to mess with them
Gypsy hybrid—2 to order from CCN because don’t want to mess with them
Sweet Banana hybrid—2 Ibid
Lilac Hybrid—2 Ibid
Super Heavyweight Hybrid—2 Ibid

Yep: not gonna mess with the bell-types but have Janie send some plants from CCN.

Stefan and I are doing a trade: my black cayman for his gochu.

And y'all know what I didn't do? Save one orange thai seed. NOT A ONE! Nope. 3 plants and not one seed. So if some kind soul has orange thai that I might have sent you, we can trade something. See above list. Geez, serious senior moment. If I don't grow OThai this year, might have to cut Kevin/Wayright off from his powder. And who wants to make Kevin sad? :tear:

Y'all have a good New Year, go watch a building burn, go play music, go for an insane run, eat 365.25 black-eyed peas, be safe and new glog will begin shortly!

Thanks everybody, so much for 2013 and really :pray: orange thai seeds??? :party:

All right!  Jason to the rescue!

Your grow list has filled out very nicely, Annie - 
lots of heat and taste there.  Good luck
getting rid of the chain link and trees so
you can expand your grow.

Happy New Year!

GA Growhead said:
I saved some orange Thai seeds from your pods.
Will be on the way soon!

JASON!!! Thank you! I feel muy estupid and in the event there's anything on my grow list, seed-wise that you want, PM me! (But ya might not, given your heavy contribution to my grow! :party: ) I can't believe I did that with OT's. Thank you, hon! :)

PaulG said:
All right!  Jason to the rescue!

Your grow list has filled out very nicely, Annie - 
lots of heat and taste there.  Good luck
getting rid of the chain link and trees so
you can expand your grow.

Happy New Year!

Thank you Paul! Yeah, filling out . . . uh, yeah. I'll expand if I have to use pots but if I take that fence down am selling it! Or selling some sections and using others for cukes and melons, winter squash. My cousin says he'll climb and limb down the big maple if he can have half for firewood. While he's half-crazy, tree's going! You have a GREAT New Year as well!

Jamison said:
Jeez Annie, you have tons of energy don't you! If you need some Orange Thai seeds please let me know. Or any other seeds you could be looking for! Love to send some to ya!

Hmm, Jamison, could just be crazy? lol. I appreciate the offer! Look over my list and see :rofl: if I've left a great pepper off the list? I imagine I have left off some good ones; even if I let my lunatic cousin limb-down and fell that huge maple, with me pulling, after I have to take up fence, if necessary, going to have more grow area. Thank you!

maximumcapsicum said:
Looks like a great list Annie! And from such a diversity of sources. THP is a great place. Would love to see some pics when germination starts!

Adam, you will. Gonna start a new glog, with some soaking seeds, probably next weekend. Am wetting medium tomorrow. Have a wonderful New Year!

Back