• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Another 2010 grow log.

I have a very crude grow box made out of two saw horses, two 24" florecent and one 48" florecent. I have a blanket draped over the saw horses to hold in heat. It stays about 85*F when the lights are on. I will be adding another 48" soon.

I currently have 52 cells, 40 pepper and 12 tomato. Plus, I have a Bishops Crown and a Datil that I kept from last year.

All I have started is:

White Habs
Bishops Crown
Spicy Mustard Habs
Scotch Bonnet
Bolivian Rainbow
Long Red Cayenne
Hot Banana
Bhut Jolokia
Birds Eye
Atomic Starfish

The tomatoes I have started are:
TAPS
Orange Glow
White Bianca
Beefsteak

I will also be planting a small variety of herbs. Not sure what yet.

My setup:

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

A few of the seedlings:

Spicy Mustard Hab

DSC_0080.jpg

Scotch Bonnet

DSC_0074.jpg

I have to agree. This is my best year so far since I started gardening. I do need to run out and get something for the tomato worms and leaf eating beetles. The location I have the peppers in stays too hot for snails and aphids.

I already had a mole killing this year, so I shouldn't have to worry about those for a few months.

wow keep up the good work Rat...every plant is lookin' great !! I'm in South Florida, and some natural rain would be nice.....

Small photo update

I finally got around to taking care of my bug problem. I went with something I have used for as long as I can remember: Seven Dust. That is the white powder you see in the photos.

This is my biggest bhut:
DSC_3126.jpg

All my Bananas:
DSC_3128.jpg

One banana has some red on it:
DSC_3132.jpg

And, one funny looking Bishops Crown:
DSC_3123.jpg

Counted 18 ripe or near ripe habs on one plant today. Also have about 12 ripe tomatoes that need picking. Photos to come soon.

As promised, here are a few pics:

My largest tomato plant:
DSC_3799.jpg

Today's harvest:
DSC_4888.jpg

We got three types of tomatoes (Better Boy, TAPs and Orange glo), Orange habs, hot banana, datil and birds eye. All and all, not a bad first harvest. I may make some homemade spaghetti sauce tonight.

Picked my first ripe Bhuts today. Still haven't bitten one yet, but it's getting tempting.

DO IT :hell:

I ate a slice of fresh red bhut earlier this week, first of the year. I eat the powder over the winter months but man, that fresh bhut heat is something else. Your garden is looking good and nice first harvest!

Your biggest tom, is it the Better Boy? I am seriously afraid of the one I have in my "Yellow" pepper bed, it's a frakkin monster and I have to trim it every three or four days or it would engulf the two plants on either side.

Have you tasted the BB toms yet?

Good looking first harvest.

Your biggest tom, is it the Better Boy? I am seriously afraid of the one I have in my "Yellow" pepper bed, it's a frakkin monster and I have to trim it every three or four days or it would engulf the two plants on either side.

Have you tasted the BB toms yet?

Good looking first harvest.

The biggest is a TAPS. The better boy aren't bad. They taste similar to a store bought tom.

Back