Another FNG

Welcome from Austin Texas.

May You Soul Rest In Peppers

HERE

4386562877_0488df8fc1.jpg

NJA

Welcome, Mike!

As a co-newbie, I want to invite you to participate in September's throwdown - it's an informal cookoff between pepper lovers, and we're taking it one step further and turning September into a newbies vs. oldies throwdown. Sounds like you've got some great experience in the kitchen - we'd love to see what you can create! September is beefless burgers - they can be any other type of meat, veggie, or seafood burgers - and of course, something hot thrown in. Come join the fun - go to the Throwdown Discussion forum, then choose the Throwdown Sticky thread. We've engaged in quite a bit of pre-throwdown bragging, but we're still looking to add more newbie voices. So don't be shy - we'd love to see you there!

G

Thanks G, I will check that out for sure. I've been cooking and around the kitchen both residentially and commercially for about 20 years. Heck, I even beat out my chefs at school in a cooking competition once. But I will still declare that I have not a clue when it comes to cooking.

Hey Mike,

Completely agree about the Greenspirits crew not being as helpful as they should be to their customers, Ross especially acts arrogant and doesn't believe you when you say you're growing peppers. The store is nice but I really don't shop there except pH down and test kits to balance our hard water we have. Everything is very expensive and you'll be better off shopping around, Hyams has Pro-mix on Folly road. No reason to hydro peppers here with our long grow season seems like a waste of energy, I use a grow light to get my peppers started and that's it. Charleston has almost a perfect climate for growing peppers and sun power is free why waste that.

I must have met Ross then. His reaction when I come in is as if it's painful to watch a customer enter. The first guy I met was more than helpful to answer all of my questions but I never saw him again. And that was when I was looking to build a system to support my 200+ tomato plants at the time. Needless to say, I dirt planted them all instead.

Why wouldn't a hydro setup be a good idea for here? I'm looking at it because I've had problems with this soil here. I'm working with a high concentration of marl where I am.

I only see super positive results when I look around. My plan is to use a dutch bucket setup as it seems to be the best of everything. What I have had a struggle with is determining how much nutrients at what drip rate and how big to scale the system. I search around but mostly find cash croppers or advertisements. I've been over to John Deere landscapers in Summerville but each time they scratch their heads at what I'm trying to do. It's just not something they deal with. I just figured that they could ball park me on feeding plants and I could figure it out from there. They have drip lines,tubing and stakes and at a decent price too if bought in bulk.

I'm glad I found this place. I've only ever found Garden web before which is just a confusing website to follow the layout and then I get frustrated and play games on addictinggames.com

Not sure if this is enough for someone to ID or not but this is one of my Bhut Jolokia's. I received the seed from someone in BC, Canada. The top part of the flower is small like others that I've seen but am I right? By comparison, in one of the pics I have a Bolivian Rainbow next to it. These BJ plants are giants compared to the other plants I have standing about 4 ft tall.

bhutjolokia2of2.jpg

bhutjolokia1of2.jpg

bhutjolokia.jpg

Hey Mike welcome from Central CA :welcome: You definately came to the rigth place, I'm a first year grower and have the folks here super helpful

Back