• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music any metal heads on thp?

top_5_metal_portada.jpg

Yes I like metal...but also lots of other stuff far from metal. Guess I just like music, most of it in the 'rock' spectrum....with so many genres that you hardly know where to put certain bands.

I have so many cd's....a small portion of 'metal' I like......Guns 'n roses, Steelheart, Slaughter, Tesla, Skid row, Queensryche, White zombie, D'Priest, Gary Moore, Alice in chains, Monster magnet, Penumbra, Tristania, Sirenia, After forever, Epica, Nightwish, The sins of thy beloved, Lacrimas profundere, Lacuna coil, Silentium, Agalloch, Empyrium, Dark tranquility, Arch enemy, Sojourner, Kauan, Sølstafir, Alcest, Svalbard, Hanging garden, Noumena, Draconian, Haken, The flight of Sleipnir, Godgory, Touchstone, Lethian dreams, Kalmah, Samsara blues experiment, Woods of ypres, Nocte obducta, Heimleiden, Novembre, October falls, Skanska mord, Swallow the sun, Trail of tears, Virgin black, Wintersun, Jinjer, Unleash the archers, Opeth, Dreariness, Midnight odyssey, Be'lakor, Eternal tears of sorrow, Falkenbach, Fates warning, Forest stream, Ne obliviscaris, Gallowbraid etc et etc......by no means a complete list but definitely a big portion of what I like.

Grunge was a melting pot of sounds, yes it was grunge. Music-wise, they are sludge/blues/metal.

Apparently "Would?" is their quintessential grunge song, and being included on the Singles soundtrack sealed their fate.

Watch this and tell me Alice in Chains is “Grunge”.

I have NEVER considered Alice In Chains grunge. There are a few bands that got stuck with that label that did not deserve it. funny thing is I was grooving to A.I.C. while smoking some ribs today, then I saw this thread! They are one of my 2 go to bands when I want music.

Some of their tracks sound kinda "stoner" to me (Angry chair just to name drop one)

Some of their tracks sound kinda "stoner" to me (Angry chair just to name drop one)
I think, taking in all their songs, they just don’t deserve grunge label. They are just a hard rockin’ band. And btw, my OTHER one of 2 when I want music is Def Leppard. HOWEVER, my musical tastes span far and wide. Just depends on my mood. But A.I.C. And Def Leppard, I will listen to regardless of mood!

I think, taking in all their songs, they just don’t deserve grunge label. They are just a hard rockin’ band. And btw, my OTHER one of 2 when I want music is Def Leppard. HOWEVER, my musical tastes span far and wide. Just depends on my mood. But A.I.C. And Def Leppard, I will listen to regardless of mood!

I get your point and you're probably right JRM. Besides, is A.I.C. a grunge band, partly grunge or not grunge at all who cares as long as you enyoy their art the rest is just some musical categorization attempt! There is way too many styles out there and most bands don't stick to a precise categorie anymore and that's perfect IMO. Rock on and rock hard THP!!

Back