• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

any1 heard of this..

some 1 told me to try a sauce and in it it has the "Hatari" pepper a deadly pepper from Africa.

so now some can't wait to see me try a Hatari

is the Hatari just the Fatali and some1 has a typing problem or a lisp and it was heard wrong.

a renaming by some1 trying to sell a sauce ?

i dunno, never heard of it and just wondered if anyboby had..

cheers

I don't know but John Wayne must be involved somehow...after all, he was Hitari wasn't he? I wonder if this is like the dreaded Diablo Negro...

introducing the Hatari pepper ?

Uncle Big's Serial Killer Private Reserve

This sauce is like a lethal injection for your mouth. Your entire being will be electrified upon first taste and you will be demanding that they lock up Uncle Big for heinous crimes of mass culinary cruelty.
This will give you just a little glimpse into Uncle Big’s sick and demented culinary mind as the flavour first flirts with your tastebuds and then the overwhelming immense heat will have you tapping out in extreme, but painful ecstacy!

Heat Scale: 29
Size: 57 ml/2 oz

Ingredients: Hatari, Red Savina Habanero, Scotch Bonnet, Peri Peri, Piquin, Tepin, Bird’s Eye, Cayenne, Mombasa, Zanzabar, Serrenegeti and Dorset Naga Peppers, Natural African Oleoresin, Organic Pomegranate Juice, Molasses, Tomatoes, Lemon, Lime and Orange Juice, Vinegar, Fresh Garlic, Sea Salt, Onions, Herbs, Spices, and Honey.

Price: $12.50

i may have to get me some.....:mouthonfire:

This has been questioned here before by a few people -- Google doesnt turn up much just the Hatari Bros sauces and Uncle Bigs uses "it"

Man I don't care which one it is? Well, kind of...........either way the ingredients in that sound wicked and GOOD!!!:hell::lol:

hatari is an old movie thing john wayne AJs right, its just a marketing BS. not real.
read uncle bigs story on his webpage regarding his "time" in the congo lol
genius stuff Hunter thompson would have been proud.

stillmanz said:
hatari is an old movie thing john wayne AJs right, its just a marketing BS. not real.

Yeah, that's what it sounds like.:lol: The ingredients other than the "Hatari" sound pretty good though.:)

There's not really any info I can find, I can find quite a few hot sauces that use it though.

"The Hatari pepper was discovered in South Central Africa. Hatari means danger in Swahili and the name fits the pepper."

stillmanz said:
You mean the story isn't true?! :surprised:

I'm saying he may have been to Africa maybe and the rest is questionable to say the least....
I could always tell the story of how I fought off pygmy headhunters in the deepest darkest jungles of New guinea, for their rare and deadly hot devils tongue peppers but I'm saving that one for our website.

Talking about "marketing", I was looking for some possible recipes on google of kiwifruit and chilli to make a sauce, and found this:

http://www.kaitaiafire.com/product.pasp?categoryid=2&productid=2

When these chilies are at the height of their maturity and the red colour is at its most intense, they are plucked off the knee high bushes and brought in for sorting and washing. After being finely milled and mixed with organic sea salt, the chilies are sealed in barrels with air locks to undergo a quasi-fermentation process over the next few years. This process effectively removes all the sugars in the fruit, and releases the volatile oils locked up in the pepper's cell walls. This process effectively removes all the sugars in the fruit and releases the volatile oils locked up in the cell walls of the fruit. When the resulting mash has reached its optimum level of maturity, it is transported to the city of Auckland, mixed to an ancient Mayan recipe, and bottled. Accept nothing else. This is pure Kaitaia Fire.

Please confirm my thoughts that this is utter crap?

nah the same bloke was on my expedition to New guinia he's a good guy and never lies.....

I think ita all how its worded, I mean a real estate agent can make an old house sound great just buy saying "its a cosy cottage with great history and charector.
that just means it its a small and half rooted workers cottage generally ....lol
a good spin doctor is a great thing.

incidently all my recipes are mayan as are my calenders...

MiLK_MaN said:
When these chilies are at the height of their maturity and the red colour is at its most intense, they are plucked off the knee high bushes and brought in for sorting and washing. After being finely milled and mixed with organic sea salt, the chilies are sealed in barrels with air locks to undergo a quasi-fermentation process over the next few years. This process effectively removes all the sugars in the fruit, and releases the volatile oils locked up in the pepper's cell walls. When the resulting mash has reached its optimum level of maturity, it is transported to the city of Auckland, mixed to an ancient Mayan recipe, and bottled. Accept nothing else. This is pure Kaitaia Fire.

My question is how is that "quasi-fermentation" if all they're supposedly doing is mixing the peppers and salt together? If you replaced the peppers with cabbage, thats basically how you make sauerkraut....and yes, it is indeed a type of fermentation. Anaerobic fermentation, to be precise.

stillmanz said:
incidently all my recipes are mayan as are my calenders...
stillmanz please make some of your fatalli sauce before the end..

2012 seems a long time away.:whistle::lol:

I have a Hatari sauce called Acid Rain the ingredients list: habanero, piquin, ring of fire, peri-peri, tepin and jalapeno peppers, garlic, ginger, spices, salt, lemon, lime, and orange juices, and vinegar.

Back