• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Anybody else here a gearhead?

IMG_4232s.jpg

^ starts at ONLY $126K

SLK 55 AMG..i'd be pissed if i preordered this car. there is a good deal of plastic in the interior..i was shocked. for a car that starts at over 60K, i'd expect some quality materials.. still a nice car..too bad no manual though.
IMG_4233s.jpg

IMG_4234s.jpg

Canuk Pepperhead said:
Think I seen two classic cars int that set of photos..new stuff just dont do it for me.Mind you ya got some nice shots in there though

i'm sort of the opposite. i do like old cars, but i prefer the newer ones.

bentalphanerd - it's an all aluminum body..just like the old ones.

the 12 hours of sebring will be, at least partially, televised today on the speed channel if anyone is interested. i'm pissed since i won't be there this year..first time in about 5 years. anyway, it's already underway and should be over at 10pm.

edit..coverage starts at 1pm central.

just watched the melbourne race a few minutes ago from start to finish. it was the second showing though..it was live last night. i guess some of that stuff had to be expected seeing as how it was a new season and there were several changes to the cars. hopefully next race, more cars will finish.

the ALMS race yesterday was pretty fun to watch. wish i could've been there, it's a hell of a lot more exciting to hear those cars in person...which goes for every form or racing i'd say. there were a few new entries out there for their first season, so that was pretty cool. the new peugot prototype was awesome..if only it didn't have the reliability of a french car. :lol: it was extremely fast though! if they can get themselves together, they could prove to be a tough rival for the typical champs..audi.

there was also a ford gt race car out there. at one point, it lost one of the rear tires! fortunately, it was able to drive into the pits and there wasn't any significant damage. however, later one of the drivers lost control and wound up in the wall..they didn't get to finish the race.

porsche came up huge with two cars finishing on the podium. surprising since their cars aren't in the fastest class. acura was in second place with another car in the same class as the porsches.

something else i'm looking forward to is the new bmw m3 gtr making it's way back into le mans series racing.

Yeah - the heat in Oz makes a mess of a lot of nice race cars. I like it though, it's a good test of whos making the most durable machines. They were saying it was 48 C out on the track at race start & about 60 C inside the touring cars.

Going to be an interesting season without the traction control & other gizmos...the drivers have to drive again lol.

Shame most of the other races are on at 2am for me.

Resurrecting I guess...

1967 Mustang Fastback
1971 Bronco
1957 Chevy 210 Post
Bits that will some day soon become a 1932 Ford Tudor, including original frame, Model T rear spring and crossmember, 1952 flathead block, 4" Mercury crank, Edmunds heads, 6 Holley '94s and a 3-71 blower.

So no, I'm not a gearhead I guess ;)

Back