• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Anybody ever seen a chilli like this?

JungleRain said:
ok, the main thing I never seen before is the pods, the flowers are normal, but once the plant drops them, then what you see is a triple chilli, may have to wait abit to see em when they're a bit more grown up, heres a few pics...

IMG_2188.jpg
IMG_2190.jpg
IMG_2189.jpg

Ok I have capsicums growing also and my pic looks very similar..what do you guys think? Could we have solved it?

8e0dbae5260c492396b65e61f52a13b3

yeh I can't remember exactly what it was supposed to be
as my little 1 yr old changed the tags on some of the seedlings I had in 1 tray,
it could be a mutation or cross of Thai Yellow, Royal Black, Chiltepin, Scotch Bonnet_yellow
...or none of the above, I have no idea.:rolleyes:

JungleRain said:
yeh I can't remember exactly what it was supposed to be
as my little 1 yr old changed the tags on some of the seedlings I had in 1 tray,
it could be a mutation or cross of Thai Yellow, Royal Black, Chiltepin, Scotch Bonnet_yellow
...or none of the above, I have no idea.:rolleyes:

I know the feeling, my 2 yr old loves poking tags in plants and moving them around. The worst thing he did though was get into the shed where all my super hot seedlings were - bhuts,nagas, trinidad scorpion etc and ripped up all the seedlings and stomped on them and then through the rest of the rockwool cubes with seeds/seedlings into a full watering can. I only found out about an hour later. I managed to save 2 but lost about 20! He got locked up in his room for half an hour, i was sooo pissed off! :onfire:

Novacastrian said:
Damn wildfire that sucks dogs balls.

Yep especially since it had taken me about 3 months to get there and then I had to start all over again and now it is the wrong season to start growing again.
So desperate to have them started again anyway. Am trying to set up a hydro room for them to try and control the temp so they do make it. Now have to buy lots of equipment!

Hey does anyone know how long seedlings can stay under fluoros for before they need the proper hydro lights? - sorry probably should start a new thread.

FiveStar said:
They can really stay under there forever, as long as you don't try to get pods. Check out QuadShotz frankengrow log. I think he's had plants under flouro for a year+, and they're big.

I think to get many pods, you have to step up to more light though.

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=5338&highlight=frankengrow

Ya, This year I'm trying to use as much Sunlight as I can, and fill in with the floros. Being 2nd year plants, they really have been happy about it. I'm trying really hard to keep them smaller as there's no room for a bunch of 2-3' tall plants.

That small CFL lamp is 10" tall if you want a size comparison. :)

I can't really use HID/HPS lights, just too much power for this old building...having nearly no grounded outlets & fires are bad things IMO. Plus, in the summer it gets super hot in here..also not good for those kind of lights.

But, they doing ok:

S6302862.JPG

L to R: Dorset, Fatali, Fatali, Choc. Hab, and Bih Jolkia

The left plant that looks stunted is actually just my Dorset Naga growing back from being cut way back earlier.

The 7-pot, T.Scorp., generic Japanese and RSavina are still babies..hopefully they make it through too. :D

-QS

Thx, I use the CFL lamp to fill in bits, and cuz it's a diff color temp than the tubes. It's just an old desk lamp that was being tossed as the clamp busted. Works fine for me tho. :)

The twisty actually protrudes about 3/4" from the shade so it spreads around more than it looks. I aim it around at diff. plants here an there if they need it.

I do need a few more CFL's though, just haven't found a good multi-bulb fixture yet. Ya, I could build one, but bleh...

Is good for when I have babies that want that extra light close up sine I can't lower the main floros from the big plants.

QuadShotz said:
Thx, I use the CFL lamp to fill in bits, and cuz it's a diff color temp than the tubes. It's just an old desk lamp that was being tossed as the clamp busted. Works fine for me tho. :)

The twisty actually protrudes about 3/4" from the shade so it spreads around more than it looks. I aim it around at diff. plants here an there if they need it.

I do need a few more CFL's though, just haven't found a good multi-bulb fixture yet. Ya, I could build one, but bleh...

Is good for when I have babies that want that extra light close up sine I can't lower the main floros from the big plants.

Just nice that you have used the old grey matter to build something that a lot of people might have hanging about in there home,So mucho praise to you..im sure you will find some fixtures..plenty on fleaby i noticed but like your idea of finding a solution with something you may already have ;)

Yuppers. :)

I also save nearly all my food containers. Stuff like cottage cheese, sour cream, yoghurt, etc. I reuse for food storage, or as plant containers.

No reason to buy Tupperware or plant pots when I get them free with the food I buy. ;)

Back