• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anybody getting caramel Brain Strains?

Chilima said:
How about a picture of the caramel pods mate?

Chilima said:
just go to www.imgur.com upload your picture there and copy the BBcode link from the right and paste here done.

Chilima said:
Pictures and then we decide what happens next, dont come back to this thread again without pictures.

here is a visual guide TX made .... ages ago http://thehotpepper.com/topic/39669-help-with-photo-posting-please/#entry835159 on how to post pictures here.

Chilima said:
Well this thread is useless without OPs pictures..

So twenty percent of his responses were you complaining about him not posting a picture yet, which he said he would get to. So your continued posts of him not having a picture yet are a bit more useless.

Well he edited his initial posts before mine so some of the replies I did make no sense after his second EDITED post, guess i should of just quoted the original reply ;)

and yeah and post pictures ;)

Alchymystic said:
This is very interesting and exciting! I'd love to grow out a caramel version! I was planning on germing a few of the very few chocolate seeds direct from Cappy's pods as well. 

(Just to throw this out there... there are actually claims - or I've rather seen it listed on a 'grow list' - of a purple brainstrain (as well as a purple bubblegum). There is also the same as to an orange brainstrain, but I think that one is a reality, and/or possibly more known about. I can't say with 100% certainty. Most claims are with no pics (of course!), but I do remember perhaps 1 or 2 posted to accompany the claim. By the looks of it, they could have been another pepper entirely.

I'd be willing to bet that there is actually more morphological variance within the certain strains of which we probably are aware of at large. I'd make that statement based on the fact of the global expanse of growers and the language barriers along with that which by default keeps most 'out of the know or loop' as to if any new color morphs or interesting phenos appear. Only when things are reported on in English in particular, do they then start to become more widely known. There are certainly peppers we (speaking of English dominant speakers on these forums, Facebook, etc.) don't know even exist but are known about among the Italians, Poles, Germans, etc. And then there is the factor of how many growers may have new things appear in there gardens but they keep it secret!! I know this happens- I encountered a person showing a new color variation of an already not to widely grown pepper on Facebook... I mentioned that it was the first I'd ever seen a picture/had no idea it even existed and asked its origins... is he the sole 'owner' of it. He deleted that very post not even 10 mins. later! So if I hadn't seen that, I still would not know such a pepper was a reality! Just look at the 'Big Black Mama' family (so to speak...) blacks, caramels, mustard, red, yellow... same with the Bhutlah. There is now a peach/orangish variety, a purple, etc. A caramel wartyx showed up last year too! 

Always nice to see pics for confirmation! I remember the pics posted awhile back of the caramel brainstrains, great to see them brought up again! Hope they stay true!!

Bit off topic since this is about Caramel BS but there's also Mustard Brain Strain. Whether cross or natural variant I have no clue. I had 2 pop up last year and am growing about a dozen plants from those seeds this year. I have seen a couple others with the mustard.

Scorched said:

Bit off topic since this is about Caramel BS but there's also Mustard Brain Strain. Whether cross or natural variant I have no clue. I had 2 pop up last year and am growing about a dozen plants from those seeds this year. I have seen a couple others with the mustard.
I have a couple of the mustard moruga brains going. Looking forward to seeing what they look like, and hopefully I get the correct pheno. 

OK guys, I took my pictures this morning and just posted them on my SHP Facebook page. Any of you industrious people who are good at computers, you have my permission to copy the pictures and put them in this thread. I took a picture of some pods on the plant and I took a few pictures with a red, chocolate, and caramel, right next to each other. Tom

cycadjungle said:
OK guys, I took my pictures this morning and just posted them on my SHP Facebook page. Any of you industrious people who are good at computers, you have my permission to copy the pictures and put them in this thread. I took a picture of some pods on the plant and I took a few pictures with a red, chocolate, and caramel, right next to each other. Tom
um, link..?

and will those of us who don't facebook be able to see ?

i hope so, as i am really curious what these Caramel Brainstrains look like, but not curious enough to join Facebook 

thanks for sharing :)

:cheers:
GIP

CAPCOM said:
As far as reapers go, I really wanted chocolate reapers for this season. I got some CPR from Tony and only got one to germinate. Hoping it has the profiles I am looking for.

I also had low germ rates for CPR, maybe 3 or 4 outta 10.

Regarding Cappy's Choco Brainstrain, many of my fresh pods (two boxes) could be called caramel, Some were definitely light chocolate, or had reddish tones. I'm growing about 20 plants, so well see how they turn out ... Either way, they were tasty and reminded me of my love for all Brainstrains.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
um, link..?

and will those of us who don't facebook be able to see ?

i hope so, as i am really curious what these Caramel Brainstrains look like, but not curious enough to join Facebook 

thanks for sharing :)

:cheers:
GIP
yeah, you dont even have FB link on profile.
k, I found you, but where did you post the pics?
better yet, what is SHP?

hottoddy said:

I also had low germ rates for CPR, maybe 3 or 4 outta 10.

Regarding Cappy's Choco Brainstrain, many of my fresh pods (two boxes) could be called caramel, Some were definitely light chocolate, or had reddish tones. I'm growing about 20 plants, so well see how they turn out ... Either way, they were tasty and reminded me of my love for all Brainstrains.
That was better than mine, I got 1 out of 10 and the foliage looks really weird.

yet the saga for the pictures still continues ... hold tight people

UTCmTFQ.jpg

Thank you alchymystic!!! Now that you have the pictures, I guess it doesn't matter for this thread. But to answer the questions I just thought most people already knew. I have had a nursery for 30 years and is called The Cycad Jungle, thus my user name. However, what started as a hobby will turn into my major part of my income. I named this part of my business, Seriously Hot Peppers, at the cycad jungle. You will notice that my avatar is my seriously hot peppers logo, and has been for years. So that is what SHP stands for. I have a website where I sell fresh peppers, pepper seeds, full grown producing pepper plants, and pepper powders. I also have a Facebook page with the same name because I can keep everyone up to date easily on anything new I am doing, or updates on what we are trying at hot pepper night. I am unable to even edit my website right now because of a computer problem, and as I have said before, I'm not good with this stuff. I'm lucky I have done what I have done.
I really don't push my business here, like my closest competitor, Baker, used to do, so maybe my business wasn't as obvious as I thought. People here don't like my pepper prices anyway, so I don't advertise them here. I am up to $5 a box cheaper than Baker, and I have a waiting list this time of year that would take me a couple of months just to take care of.
It's interesting, all I had was just a simple question because I assumed a bunch of people were probably getting these same colored pods. It turned into a thread where I had to prove I even had the pepper in the first place. Now some of you may have just been giving me crap for fun, and that is cool. I have a good sense of humour. Anyone who was serious, a person could be offended because it might be an accusation that I was lying. Ron was the only person who outright stuck up for me. I forget, where are you at? I think you are north of me. Next time you are driving I-4 near Lakeland, come get some free peppers, including at least one of these, if you want to try one and get some seeds.

Student of Spice said:
looks like my caramel moruga
Yea they do, but all these come directly from Cappy, the originator of the Brain Strain. All brain strain peppers don't have brains, and when you taste them, they are obvious they are not Morugas. To us at hot pepper night, the BS tastes about 20% hotter than my Morugas and taste WAY better. Until the Primos and the reapers showed up, the red BS was our benchmark for the hottest, best tasting pepper. Tom

Back