• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

April Fools Update

Still waiting for it to get warm enough to bring these babies out for a little sunshine.

The O Hab is budding like mad but i'm pinching them all off.

Letting my wife's sweet banana peppers flower as an experiment to see if i can get anything to fruit under my CFL's.

The big ones the O hab. Medium is a Jalapeno M, and little one is a cumari the slooooweeest growing little bugger. The cumari was planted the same day as the limons below! Look at the difference in progress!
ohabjalcumari040109.JPG

Limons
limon040109.JPG

7pots
7pot040109.JPG

sweet banana flowers
sweetbananaflower040109.JPG

Question on pinching the flowers. I picked up a few from the local Home Depot to experiment with while my seeds hatch. I've read that you pinch the flowers and buds early to avoid having very few fruit later on in the season. When do you stop pinching the flowers and buds? The plant I have now has continually grown flowers and some have even turned into small buds around 1/4". I keep picking them, but not sure when to just let the plant grow and do it's thing. The plant is about 6-7" right now, but is growing pretty fast.

caroltlw said:
You've got a heck of a jump on the growing season. Love the O hab.
When can they go outside and play?

I live in NYC, May 1st I should be able to leave them out permanently. Over the next couple of weeks i should be able to start hardening them off. A couple of hours here and there.

LGHT said:
Question on pinching the flowers. I picked up a few from the local Home Depot to experiment with while my seeds hatch. I've read that you pinch the flowers and buds early to avoid having very few fruit later on in the season. When do you stop pinching the flowers and buds? The plant I have now has continually grown flowers and some have even turned into small buds around 1/4". I keep picking them, but not sure when to just let the plant grow and do it's thing. The plant is about 6-7" right now, but is growing pretty fast.

Honestly, i have no idea. I don't know the science behind it, i was just planning on pinching them off until i transplanted them to 5 gal containers and moved them outside.

ABurningMouth said:
Outstanding growth there. I'm totally blown away. You are a wizard.

Thank you sir. It's all thanks to the geniuses on the this fourm.

imaguitargod said:
Ugh....Budweiser....

Normally bud and bud light taste like piss, but I'm liking this the new stuff and i'm not afraid to say it!

Normally bud and bud light taste like piss, but I'm liking this the new stuff and i'm not afraid to say it![/QUOTE]

Budweiser has been buying up small micro breweries like crazy to take advantage of their growth as well as to take advantage of their recipes. I haven't tried their new Ale yet, but I'm sure it's better than their usual swill.

Bud American Ale is by far the best thing they have ever made. It rivals any microbrew IMO, but I would rather support the little guys. Beautiful plants BTW. :-)

Omri said:
The ones in the little cup thingy look like they're ready to be re-potted. gorgeous plants.

Yeah... Thing is i'm moving to Miami in about a month. Much easier to transport them in the little cups and the 5 gal containers stacked seperately.

My favorite brew by far is Maudite (the damned one) But Bud American Ale beats the crap out of anything else they hav at my local deli.

UnNatural said:
Yeah... Thing is i'm moving to Miami in about a month. Much easier to transport them in the little cups and the 5 gal containers stacked seperately.

My favorite brew by far is Maudite (the damned one) But Bud American Ale beats the crap out of anything else they hav at my local deli.

I love Unibroue brewery. I like their La Fin Du Monde as well

Back