• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

AR-VARIANTS -SUB GUNS

OKAY- NOT HIJACKING NOW! 300 Blackout is a "Whisper" case length 35 mm, comes from 221 Fireball necked up to 7.62mm....I'm guessing "Whisper" wasn't a "bad ass" sounding name, and its been on the back burners for a long time.
Pefrct sub gun stuff.I have a baggy full of it at the house.I have fired these out of a contender with a 10.5" barrel-no suppressor though.This would be a very cool project.

www.gunblast.com/300Blackout.htm

This is very cool....we are hijacking I think-....7.62 x 59...thats almost 30.06 long...59mm.total length maybe? I was thinking 30 Federal, staying away from AR-10/DPMS 7.62 Lower.to keep the weight off. 12.5 barrel is as short as I want.
and yes crazy not to have one any more

AR Variant thread started....

Another benefit of the .300 blackout is the upper works with any AR lower. I was looking at the Bravo Company lowers, but it is really gonna come down to what I have access to, at the right price when I go to buy.

It is also MUCH cheaper to buy the barrel and build the upper, vice buying it already assembled.

the 50 whisper is so cool its a 460 Weatherby Mag case necked up to accept the same bullet as the 50 bmg very potent medicine and a cool project too, but too big for the AR platform, be another great project and fun to shoot too, it would be better sueted to a large bolt gun, but may or may not work in a semi auto application because of the 460's belted caset
he 300 whisper from what i gather is the 7mm BR Rem case necked up to a heavier 30 cal bullet and would work in the AR and is also a wonderful caliber and very powerful for its size

thanks your friend Joe

I have a thing for Weatherby's. Had a .300 Weatherby mag for a while but had to get rid of it a long time ago. Did I regret that! Can't imagine the .460 coming out of an AR platform. Take five minutes to line up the second shot. Got to put your nose back together and stop the bleeding first. Ha!

I like the sound of the name 300 whisper. Sneak up on ya and kill you dead before you heard a sound. Very macho.

I had a bushmaster assigned to me. Put a few thousand through it, no problems. Could hit a man size target at 100 yards with open sights. Nice gun, not fancy but a good tool for work.

Range day today, day and night shoots. They told us they brought too much ammo and it is a pain in the ass to turn in, so we need to double down. :lol:

34236200.jpg

I also prefer the name Blackout to Whisper. Just sounds cooler to me.

Patrick-Joe:
I too have a weatherby thing- 270 Weatherby mag is my favorite rifle-in the middle of a re build.Still f'kin with the stock....
.460 Weatherby- if you ever had a train hit you, thats what it does.
The .458 socom and .50 Beo's are really only jacked up 45-70's...easily shot managably.458 is VERY costly to shoot, the .50 Beo is in production, and is very reasonable

Armac:
Bushmaster is one of the better ones- never had an issue with one, and would base a build on one ina heart beat.

I am lusting after that Trijicon($$$).....and yeah sounds cooler...but Whisper leaves dark spooky conotations......
So- Direct Action stuff- Blackout
For sneak and peek, fade away into the darkness...Whisper

Have good day at the range Matt :flamethrower: :!:

I had a bushmaster assigned to me. Put a few thousand through it, no problems. Could hit a man size target at 100 yards with open sights. Nice gun, not fancy but a good tool for work.

I went to a range a few weeks ago and the targets were logs on a string at 100 yards i hit 9 target on 8 shots. I hit one and it decided to swing around so i shot again and hit both the logs were about the size of what you would use for firewood :) It was a AR-15 with iron sights I later shot an UZI and went 6/8 with iron sights at the same distance. it was my first time shooting a gun too :)

Now that's some good shootin'.

I once saw a guy, on a TV show though, sighting in a rifle of unrememberable caliber, at I think 200 yards. After that was done he whips out a .38 special with a two inch barrel and takes a shot at the same metal target he used to sight the rifle in. What seemed like a two second wait after the boom you could hear the bullet hit the metal target. I almost pooped.

Playin with ELCAN optics today. Pretty cool system. It has both 1x and 4x modes, which are switchable from a knob. The only problem is when you BZO it, that zero is only held at that power, which kinda sucks if you are switching back and forth often.

454b4a42.jpg

Just moving this to the right place, or trying too....

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g343/dpcdvr1/Chute%20em/02-19-12_1517.jpg

Bazooka Bros ......45 sub gun ;).....which means it'll swallow .45 super EXPRESS;)
)

DSCN2100.jpg

I ran across the "VTAC 1-5 dril" watching a T Haley video, and if you go to youtube and search for VTAC Drills, there are a ton of great drills you can try. Here is the 1-5 drill. It is designed for the ARs, but I am sure you can adapt it to other guns.
And here is Travis running it with the 300 BLK
http://youtu.be/07joBnOuv4M

The 300 Whisper name is trademaked. The 300 blackout is the same round, just a different company and a different name. The round itself was origanally a wildcat round created using the 221 fireball brass and necking it up to accept a 7.62 (.308) bullet. Most reloaders now use .223 brass since it is more available and cheaper. Brass is trimmed just below the shoulder, then run through a sizing die to created the new shoulder.

The round was developed for use on suppressed AR style platforms. When a .223 (or 5.56) is loaded subsonic, there is not enough force to cycle the action. The heavier bullet (240 grain is most often used when suppressed) travels slower down the barrel allowing the gas pressure to build and reliably cycle the action.

There is a lot of information availble here.

Just checked out a NFA lawyer out of FL. I have a few buddies that have set up trusts successfully, but after reading a few gun forums, there seems to be a ton of trouble you can get into if you screw something up (understandably). The lawyer charges 400 and I sent him a laundry list of questions to answer for me. I figure it may be worth the buck to avoid some potential ass pain (jail time if ya know what I mean....) :lol:

On another note, I am planning on picking up all the pieces I need (cept for the barrel) until the trust goes through.

Right now I REALLY love the Noveske lower, but they require a lower kit. If I go with a BCM lower it is already put together, but is just doesnt look as cool...
Noveske_Lower.jpg

I am gonna go with a Daniel Defense Omega Freefloating Rail
DD_Rail.jpg

A Magpul MOE Buttstock
Magpul_MOE_Mil-Spec_Buttstock-BLK.jpg

I haven't decided on a can yet, but I will need a trust and tax stamp for that. I figure it is kinda worthless to have a .300 Blk without a can, so might as well...
In all reality, it is more of a novelty than anything else. I guess it is an option for home defense since you can go without ears, but a good 12 gauge can probably get the job done without all the pain of legal BS. But, c'mon, they are cool as hell...

Back