• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Are these Australian Lantern?

Were can you purchase Australian lantern seeds these days?

I still think the skin in some shots looks pitted and angry like your veryhot Tini peppers were as all the Australian lantern pods I have seen were smooth like a normal hab.

Tinihottie how long have you been growing these do other people have them in Trinidad? Do you know anyone who has ever had or grown Australian lantern pods?
Did I mention I want some seeds lol.

I remember a couple of years ago having some Australian Lantern peppers, and the first thing I noticed was the surprisingly rough skin.
Not like a 7-Pot or a Naga, but definitely not like a hab.
Those kinds of peppers usually vary in shape, and it looks like a possible shape to me.
I might be wrong, but it looks likr it to me.
Like I said, the weird shape might be the result of some cross between it to the Trinidad peppers she's having.
It could also be an entirely different pepper that after several crosses looks like Australian pepper, but it sure do look like.

stillmanz said:
Were can you purchase Australian lantern seeds these days?

Riemers

*snerk*

Yeah, ok, seriously, I buy plants from chileplants.com, so I haven't really looked for the seeds.

I still think the skin in some shots looks pitted and angry like your veryhot Tini peppers were as all the Australian lantern pods I have seen were smooth like a normal hab.

Mine were of the smooth variety.

Who deveolops these chillis? Not Australians lol
I have never scene red lanterns and I got seeds for the orange off a guy in Maine US lol.
I bet if you asked all the oz peeps on here if they grow them or scene them before they will tell you nope.
But what ever sells I guess.
Its like the tasmainian Hab were'd they put that name together from...
I got some "brisbane orange habs" for sale. lol

I still sit with the opinion that whatever Trini has is much more interesting than lanterns of any type, I gotta get some lol.

australian-lantern-red.jpg

Looks a lot like TriniHottie's peppers. :whistle:

you know I think just from thatr photo of the red lantern ...that they look like a pepper sold as peruvian shiny red a bit too.
so many types its crazy.

pouhahah what a mess.....the first pics that trinihottie post are IMO defenetly not OZ lantern ...still agree with stillmanz

Are these Yellow OZ lantern :

..no there are not ;) ...you can't tell those pepper are oz lantern just because they are lil similar ...maybe a the picture that trinihottie post are some cross ...but imo they are'nt original OZ lantern

QuebecFire, I don't want to be mean (sorry if I am), but what hell are you talking about?
Those aren't the peppers she showed in the pics.
She removed them for some weird reason, but they looked EXACTLY like Australian Lanterns.
Just to make myself clear, like in the picture of the red ones.

omri: yes but take a look at the yellow one one your picture and the yellow one on my picture (from Trinih) the pods look similar but are not the same ...the only thing I wanna say is this is not because the pods are similar that they are the same ....I thing that no body here can tell exactly what kind of pepper they are (orange bulb of trinihottie)

The ones you showed, and the ones she showed are 99.9% not the same.
I know both pictures are from her, but the yellow ones with smooth skin and surprisingly similar shape to a underdeveloped Trinidad Perfume are not the same pepper as the orange Australian Lantern shaped peppers with rough skin (like Australian Lantern) and same color as, err... Australian Lantern.
Of course it's all my guess, I might be wrong.
I just can't see how the yellow ones are the same as the orange ones.

omri - I think trinihottie pulled those pictures because they were BIG for the forum.

trinihottie - just resize them in the option part in photobucket.

I think those chiles trinihottie is wondering about, the name is "capsicum chinense bullsac" which are classified under "unusually shaped chiles" :lol::rolleyes:

ok so those pepper are 99% different :
242128494798e6f1b27a3.JPG

maybe I'm color blind or just blind ....anyway IMO those pepper are similar BUT NOT THE SAME .this is what I'm talking about ... It's ok if YOU GUESS they are but please don't affirm they are OZ lantern ;)

PS: I just take those picture for exemple ...Cause I KNOW they are'nt the same pepper ...and this is not a guess ...all that to say that this is not because 2 pepper seem similar that they are the same ..

lol there's something seriously wrong with your depth perception and you clearly don't have an eye to details.
No matter, just live life. :lol:

Back