• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

ASK THE NEXT PERSON ANYTHING ! GAME !

Wait.

They're supposed to be dressed??? :lol:
Actually, it depends upon what we're doing, so I guess I'd say "appropriately".

If you were going to take me out on a date, where would you take me and why there?

A restaurant on the ocean. Outside dining of course. Something like you might find in the Bahamas, maybe? Classy, I guess, but not too classy so as the spoil the coastal feel. Why? Ummm... I find the beach at night romantic.

Did I do good or will there be no dates with gas?

Well, that would sure make me feel special! But yeah.... no dates with gas, but only because you're on the other side of the globe!

How about a picnic followed by a hike in a big park?

Works for me!

(And here I was prepared to spend all this money on a nice restaurant..... :lol:)

What do you usually pack when you go picnicing?

Hmm.... it's actually been years since I've truly gone picnicing, so can't say "usually" anything. I used to take the kids frequently when they were little, though.

What would you suggest I pack next time I go?

Food? :lol:

Come to think of it, I don't know if I've ever been picnicing as such! Plenty of BBQs in the park though. And when I'm out hiking, I wouldn't call what I eat a picnic or anything.

Maybe lotsa small portions of heaps of different stuff?

(I am very specific, aren't I? :lol:)

From what I recall of picnicing (and yeah, not including BBQ's), keeping it simple was de riguer. Sammies or cold fried chicken for the main, maybe chips and fruit, or potato salad and fruit. Sometimes cut-up raw veggies with a dip.

I'm going to go to the zoo in a couple weeks - wanna go too?

We've been through this... different continent and all that. :P

Perhaps we could do it in spirit and visit a zoo at exactly the same time?

(Might be a bit weird on my end though, visiting at night.... :lol:)

I can tell you from experience the Perth Zoo staff do not like people wandering about after dark. The animals don't mind at all.

Am I the only one who hates fighting crowds of tourists at places like zoos?

Not at all. You just have to learn when to go, though. Most people don't like getting up early, for example, so if you go right when the doors open, there are hardly any crowds. Also, don't go on a holiday or "significant" day. Mothers' Day here, for example, is not a holiday, per se, but is a significant day when zoos are frequently overly-busy. Usually the zoo staff will tell you what their least-busy times are if you call.

Where is MacGruder?

Well, that would be helpful, now wouldn't it? Years ago my son started this thing where he'll shake his fist in the air and yell "damm you MacGruder!", as a kind of a joke. Only he's not sure where he picked that up or if he just made it up himself. I suspect it was in a TV show or movie that he watched, but no idea. That's all I have to go on - any idea where it may have come from?

I know that MacGruber is a funny movie, could be from that.

All I can think of is eighties tv now. Anyone else watch too much tv in their youth?

No, not at all. No. Definitely not. :rofl:

What show did you watch most often in your earlier days (not necessarily your youth, but a non-current program)?

Back