• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

ASK THE NEXT PERSON ANYTHING ! GAME !

Cane pole and a can of worms...catch enough bluegill to use as bait for catfish on a trout line.....some things are as good as they were when I was a kid.

Anyone here still use a cane pole?

That's hard. Stripers are a hoot to catch and eat. Trout is awesome to pursue, but Large mouth black bass win because of the explosive take.

Saltwater, running water, or still fresh water fishing?

My favorite is Casper my ghost from last year. He is pulling through even after being kept in the dark to long. I am, however, looking forward to watching my reapers do well. (Pics in my glog)

What's your favorite this year?

I don't have a favorite yet...  I'm excited about growing Rocoto's this year, I'm excited to grow Chacoense too (as I know nothing about it)
I have been wanting to try the Bishops Crown for a long time too, so I'm excited to be growing that 1 as well.  can't pick 1 favorite.

how many years have you been Gardening ?

This is my second year with peppers. Learned everything right hear at THP. Gardening off and on for years, but had no clue. THP taught me everything.

Do you can/pickle?

I make preserve's (though surprisingly I can't find any Pics right now)
I just started pickling last year
heres a jar

I also make some Sauces...

and I just started my first Pepper Ferment last week!
(I still need to upload pics of that)

Were you new to Forums or Social Media before joining THP ?

Kinda. I was part of a fishing forum for a bit, but not like the attention I lend to THP.

I have found canning and pickling to be a great new twist in my life. Have you ever just added a dried pod to an average jar of pickles? AMAZING

I add a superhot  (whatever I have on hand) to all jars of pickles !!

ever made a "popper" with anything hotter than store bought Habs ? ( I want to make them with Trinidad Congo )

Here's some from last year

(Speaking of Poppers... couple days ago, I polished off a bottle of Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Pink Label... pouring it into Jalapeno Poppers that were lacking heat,  it made okay Poppers DELICIOUS!)

I use LDHS as a sippy cup:

IMG_20140924_180810_zpse5c1ac46.jpg

No only jalapenos for poppers so far. I have eaten two chocolate scorpions at once before.(never again) Thought I was "the man". NOPE!

How hot have you gone?

Brown Moruga was the Hottest entire pod I've eaten in 1 sitting  (Gave me my first "Capsaicin Cramps"  Experience)
then probably a 1/2 of dried Reaper
My Favorite is 7-pots

do you get an endorphin rush when eating Superhots?

Maybe a little bit of one but not much, more of just a burning mouth and the thought "I must be slightly masochistic as I keep doing this"

What is the best yielding pepper you have ever planted?

I had a prik kee nuu that was insane. It must have put out a couple hundred and kept on going. My big ghost gave me over 50 last year.

Ever add fruit to the sauce mix?

I am still not in your ranks so I haven't ventured to make my own sauce yet, but this is the summer I will! I think I would try some mango when I do.

If you were to have your last meal ever right now what would it be?

Now that's a good question.

The meal will start with oysters on the half shell with lemon, soy sauce, and tabasco. Then on to some HUGE peel and eat shrimp, sashimi combo (hamachi, salmon, smoked salmon, tuna, super white tuna, baby octopus). Then on to a small bowl of PHO. The main attraction will be king crab coupled with lobster served with lemoned butter and a bib. Heffavisen beer with lemon will flow and the meal will be topped off with cheese cake, banana cream pie, and hot pepper infused fudge.

BURP !

My mind is nearly always just one step away from thinking about food.

What would your last meal be?

Man I don't know if I could eat anything, I am full just from reading your last meal lol.

Last meal at this moment would be a large porterhouse medium (if its my last meal no need worry about food borne illness), Loaded baked potato, broccoli, some kind of spicy shrimp appetizer and desert...maybe some chocolate death cheese cake, or raspberry coconut white cake with vanilla ice cream.

If you could have any job in the world what would it have been and why?

I would love to be a published poet/writer. Trouble is you really have to be comercial to make any money at it. I have sold about 100 copies of my children's poetry book (selfpublished), but could not make a living at it unless I compromised and went comercial. Comercial = writing what is currently popular or currently selling. I prefer to write from childhood experiances or whimsical childish thoughts. Being structured kinda kills my muse.

If you could have any job in the world what would it have been and why?

Back