beer ASK WHEEBZ

Two-Part Serial Mash

60% MO
7.5% ea of CM II, C150, and Flaked Barley
5% ea of C Special III and Pale Choc
1.25% RB

3.5% Treacle
2.5% Lactose

Northern Brewer or Magnum or Apollo or whatever, to 65 IBU's ...

36.5P -> 10P

2 vials of WLP090 in a 1200mL starter ...

O2 and more O2 and nutrients and fermaid-k and WLP099 or CBC-1 on Day #3 ...

Probably bourbon smoked cacao nibs and vanilla bean ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454031139.222998.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454031153.221693.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454031161.528993.jpg

wheebz said:
and all the alcohol is gone except for one PBR

wish I had some weed, but ill just have to shotgun this bitch and go to bed

don't forget to put the sugar-water outside beforehand ...

Ok, I know your hammered Nd possibly passed out in the couch but got some questions, Now Grent would go all
Ask Wheebz on ya but I'm just going to say

Hey Bro:

The next brew I planning is the Honey Lemon Basil SMaSHed Saison and I'm starting to question whether using the Saison yeast is good or if using a BretC would make it better, wondering what your thoughts are on it.

Next up after that and after I get a keg emptied will be the SMaSHed Barley Wine.

While I do love brett C, its really up to you

i mean if you havent used it before, I would try it by itself

make a super basic beer, no finishing hops, no crazy malts, just let the yeast play so you can then see if you want to add the lemon and basil

Wheebz can you post the link to those renderings of your spot again. I was telling my wife about it and I could t find where it was. Or if somebody else remembers.
Thanks.

Hey Wheebz. I'm doing the Imperial stout I planned awhile back tomorrow. I have an O2 regulator and stone now for it. How long should I run it in the wort?

I will be adding yeast nutrient during the boil. I made a 1.5L starter of WLP001 tonight and will be pitching between 1-3ish tomorrow. Do you think I'll need to check the gravity during the ferm and possibly add more O2?

Shooting for an OG 1.107 supposed to finish around 1.027
Thanks

depends on what psi you run it at

basically look for small tiny bubbles, and run it for 30 seconds or so once its chilled and then pitch your yeast and call it a day

Back