contest August Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of regional sammies.........

I'm in Kalamazoo, MI for the next 2 weeks.....and found a little taste of Chicago in a tiny hole in the wall called "Ray's Italian Beef". There was only one table and the place was decorated in Chicago sports memorabilia. The owner greeted me as soon as I walked in and threw me a bottled water before he even knew if I was going to order.

Ordered the OBVIOUS...... "dipped" and topped with lots of giardineria.........it was the best 6 bucks I've spent in a long time:

IMG_2612.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

I'm going back today to try the same sammy, but add a big italian sausage...... :drooling: OM NOM NOM NOM!!!!

Fw'aaarrr. That's a new word. I just made that one up. I know it sounds like a noise or word you've made before, but...It's my word.

Any hoo.

Fw'aaarrr, Nicole Kidman eh...? Woohoo. Can we see a pic?

One that's not your hand...

Fw'aarrrr!

When I was a young Buck, people thought I looked like Geoff Tate, and/ or Jonny Depp.

Now I get Chris Farley. Nicole Kidman is the 3rd hottest chica on the planet.

On another note. BOOOOOOOOO THP.

A. tryin to Jack TBs SotM idea.

B. never even posted there (see TBs post)

C. What the heaeell is a regional sammich? Cuban, Philly, what elase is there?

D. Ahm still a little teeny weeny bit drunkft.

E. i like this ideer.

Yaaaaaaaaaay THP!

:beer:

Heh. You guys will have to ask Red, JayT, Sethsquatch, or Justaguy to see if they agree with my little sister or not. Like I said, I don't see it.

So sammies.... I was thinking something Indian or anything not American. But a lot of countries don't use sliced bread. I checked out the other TD thread, and am a little pensive. Are we okay with wraps, as long as it's that ethnicity's form of a sammie? Other "bread styles"? (Tortillas, pitas, etc.) Or at we sticking to two slices with stuff between, like in the burger TD?

Wraps?

Get outta' town with that new age pencil neck dip dunk no load noise!

Flat bread and pita, I'm okay with.

But wraps?

That's a hippy word for somebody too wimp to call it what it is.

Its a TORTILLA!!

Hey. Think international. So yeah, flatbread may be made into a wrap or simply folded. I personally don't do what a lot of peeps call "wraps" - a flour tortilla rolled around stuff - partially because I'm not into flour tortillas. I'm just using the term "wrap" to mean "rolled." You know, some countries use what we consider to be pancakes as sandwich bread.

Heh. You guys will have to ask Red, JayT, Sethsquatch, or Justaguy to see if they agree with my little sister or not. Like I said, I don't see it.

So sammies.... I was thinking something Indian or anything not American. But a lot of countries don't use sliced bread. I checked out the other TD thread, and am a little pensive. Are we okay with wraps, as long as it's that ethnicity's form of a sammie? Other "bread styles"? (Tortillas, pitas, etc.) Or at we sticking to two slices with stuff between, like in the burger TD?

Geeme I already posted falafel as an example! When I order they have "sandwich or platter" so yes of course it is a sandwich.

And further interpretation is on the poster. If it's a "sandwich" in that region then it is a sandwich.

Also geeme you are supposed to take a sandwich known to an area and I don't know of any known to India. But it's not just make anything Indian.

C. What the heaeell is a regional sammich? Cuban, Philly, what elase is there?

Bwahaha get the hell out of Twisp... or make the Twisp special... PB&J w/fried bologna.

Now Twisp regional sandwiches, would be a choice of two.

1.) gluten free, flour-less bread with artichokes and olives with a pimento red pepper relish.

B.) Kings bread with a slice of Wolf meatloaf, a slice of Smoked Bald Eagle breast, and deep fried Spotted owl mcNuggets on the side

Scovie I highly recommend you bust out a Croque-Madame, which is a Croque-Monsieur with a sunny-side up egg on top. That's my favorite brunch sandwich of all time. I can't find a good pic on the internet, the best ones I've had are all ooey gooey with bechamel and cheese, and the cheese is bruleed. Mmmmmmm.

Okay here's one that looks good: http://www.eatinglv.com/2012/01/eat-this-now-croque-madame-at-payard/

Cheers.

You guys got me motivated...not regional, unless my house is a region???
P1020101.jpg

Breakfast sandwich at lunch...Knowing that a few of y'all are watching your waistlines I decided to throw in some turkey ham...but the bacon, Mexican blend venison sausage, Mayo and Cheese (not pictured) offset that healthiness nicely. That's a fresh bottle of Dave's (gnslngr) [background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Yellow 7 Tequila sauce to top it off...[/background]

P1020102.jpg

Can't even see the bacon...damn. A couple fresh from the garden Big Jim's roasted, peeled and seeded and a few eggs...paired it with a nice breakfast Dos X. I almost cried eating it.

Yo hoho and a bottle of Awesome! Hahahaha I crack myself up....

Anyway, geat looking sammich. Good on ya for practicizing.
Next time cut it in half and get a cross section shot of all that awesome.

Beef on Weck is a damn fine regional sandwich, only available in WNY. I've made my own version of this before. The beef, au jus, horseradish, salt, and caraway just make this thang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back