contest August Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
psst....LB....look at The Boss's pic......

that's a NORTHWEST specimen...

This water is not cold.

geoduck.jpg

That's how you keep them from flying away. Rubber Band their wings.

Speaking of fresh duck, we have a nuisance duck that is prized in france for food (~20$/lb).

These barbary ducks gather in groups on my dock and make a mess nearly every night. I've been following the law, and culling them (they are under an eradication order - so no season), and saving some of the meat... I could go for a duck based TD... I've gotten quite good at cooking with Muscovy.

I love duck especially wild teal and gadwall.

Muscovy is good too.

But I don't think it is popular enough to be a viable throw down entree by itself.

Probably do okay in a general poultry throw down.

wait SL

you are gonna tell me you think dungies are better than stone crabbies?

pfttt

ptchshshshhs

blpshhhhhhh

I dunno TB, I can't think of anyone I've ever met, that had both tried Duck, and didn't like it.

I know of one girl who doesn't like anything her mom didn't feed her growing up, and for her - seafood, chinese food, mexican, and duck (among others) are all off the menu.

wait SL

you are gonna tell me you think dungies are better than stone crabbies?

pfttt

ptchshshshhs

blpshhhhhhh

Absolutely!

Boooooo

on both of you.

Alaskan Red King crab rules all!

Thats why they call it king crab.

It's call King because of the size, not because it tastes the best. Compare frozen King to frozen Dungie...DUNGIE KICKS BOOTY! :dance:

:razz: :lol:

BTW, TB, you caught any fresh crabs down there in Texas lately?

(just kidding y'all, TB) ;)

SL,

I haven't made it to saltwater since I've been here.

And its a damn shame I tell ya'.

A trip to Corpus Christi is currently in the planning stage for this fall.

YAY!

I dunno TB, I can't think of anyone I've ever met, that had both tried Duck, and didn't like it.

Hi...I'm LunchBox...and I don't like duck. I've tried it fried, broiled, roasted, stuffed inside a turkey, smoked, sautee'd in other stuff. I spent a solid 3 years trying to like duck.

Do I like it...DUCK NO.

Yep.

No one in my family likes duck either.

And even among my duck hunting friends, about half of them don't either.

Perhaps at some other time I shall rock THP with my smoked duckinessessess.

Crab - Isn't any that you happen to have on hand (especially in great quantities) ATM one of the best meals ever? Grew up eating blue crab because we could go catch tons of it at plenty of local places - easy peasy. But dungeness, soft-shell, etc., etc. are great, too. Just love crab - ANY kind!

Duck - Haven't met one I didn't like to eat yet. And I guess I've been fortunate, because I also haven't eaten one I would describe as greasy. Maybe prep/cooking methods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back