• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest August Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
FD - will you make a Dolphin Sammie????!!!!!

I'd do one, but my chances of finding the right fish at my store are slim. But I'm lookin'!!!!! :)

yum, yum, yum!!!!!! :drooling:

Oh hell yeah that's my favorite fish. I love dolphinfish sammies.

FD - will you make a Dolphin Sammie????!!!!!

Kinda where I was leaning.
There is almost NOTHING better than a good dolphin sandwich (grilled or blackened), by the water, lettuce, tomato, red onion, good tartar sauce w capers, nice fresh bun lightly grilled...
French fries, buckets of beer, lemon wedges, live music playing rock n roll...
Holy crap.

Kinda where I was leaning.
There is almost NOTHING better than a good dolphin sandwich (grilled or blackened), by the water, lettuce, tomato, red onion, good tartar sauce w capers, nice fresh bun lightly grilled...
French fries, buckets of beer, lemon wedges, live music playing rock n roll...
Holy crap.

Alabama Jack's. Yes please.

Fresh grouper beer battered and deep fried to perfect golden brown. Served on an onion roll with a little lettuce, good tartar sauce and topped with pickled jalapenos. (NO tomatoes on deep fried grouper.)
Steak fries with some malt vinegar and buckets of beer... at a marina... with live calypso music. Watching the dolphins frolick in the harbor.

I love grouper and dolphin. Florida has the best fresh fish. I like the grouper deep fried, even grouper "fingers" and the dolphin grilled or blackened.

Grouper fingers and fries in a basket, slaw, cold beer. Call me when dinner's ready.

Its all good.

Deep fried gulf shrimps on a fresh sourdough hoagie roll with chipotle cabbage slaw and jalapeno tartar.

Generous lemon wedges for squeezin' n' pleasin' and a big bowl of whole pickled 'peno's and escobeche. I love those damn carrots!

A big bucket of ice cold longneck hoskey.

I can never get enough shrimp.

I do luuuuv my dolphin Blackened - fo' sho'!!!!!

And I like it "Hole in the Wall" style....nice and chillaxed...with shiny happy people everywhere! (B52 ref...) :D

...and i like shrimps....and crab....with butter....and crusty bread...and....

...dangit....all i gotz is frozen dins for tonight.....savin' myself for this weekend....pleh.

Is this supposed to be regional to where we live or pick any region you want?

THP I was talking about the restaurants not the street food carts.

And I for one don't want to hang out with vermin.

WAIT.

Sorry Jay.

I meant that in the nicest way.

Really.

I will strike you down! Oh and yes that D'Nicks is the one with the broccoli raub and sharp provolone on the sammy.

I thought it was where you live, but my Sammy is still as mentioned above.

So it's just basically a sandwich td. I'm down like a clown.

Florida has the best fresh fish.

Settle down scovie. I interpret this comment like, "this place has the best happy hour...or, last night that (insert non-racist ethnicity) hooker gave the best...well, you get the idea. Its ALL good!

I love grouper and dolphin. Florida has the best fresh fish. I like the grouper deep fried, even grouper "fingers" and the dolphin grilled or blackened.

Grouper fingers and fries in a basket, slaw, cold beer. Call me when dinner's ready.

Wait. The fishes in FL have fingers? Damn and just when I thought SoFlo couldn't get any more awesome.

So it's just basically a sandwich td. I'm down like a clown.

Sort of. Damn I thought I explained it way back lol. A regional/ethnic favorite, but can choose whatever you want, and perfect it, enhance it, no fusion (mixing regions/cultures) keep it authentic but with your own spin.

thanks for re-'splainin' Boss, I'm sure it was somewhere in the last 21 pages. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back