vendor Baker Peppers did me wrong!! Should have listened to THP and went with JUDY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my wife ordered peppers on December 5th for my birthday and a company Hotluck. Peppers should have shipped according to Dales website Monday the 9th so days later and 2 follow up emails, 1 phone message and no contact from Dale at ALL. No answering email and no phone just plain bad customer service period!!  So I check his website today as this was not up yesterday and low and behold:

[SIZE=large]*********Attention!!! There was no shipping done on 12/9/13...we were out of town last minute....all orders will ship Mon Dec 16th********Check out our "Holiday SALES" section to see whats HOT for this years gift ideas!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]These peppers were supposed to be for a hotluck Christmas lunch at work for the 17th. There are 16 of us pepper heads here who will never and I mean never buy anything from BakersPeppers.  Just so you know this isn't made up here is the proof!! Of course he got the money..... now I am stuck with powder or frozen .....and if Dale needs anymore people who think he sucks as a business man. He just added 16 to the list!! He just totally screwed up my Company Christmas lunch paid on December 5th and maybe fresh peppers by Christmas??? Next time I am ordering from Pepper Lover or Sicman [/SIZE]

IMG_20131212_165846_zpsaead0a15.jpg

[SIZE=10pt]Original Transaction[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Date[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Type[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Status[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Details[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Amount[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Dec 5, 2013[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Purchase From Baker's Peppers LLC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Completed[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]-$19.99 USD [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10pt]Related Transaction[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Date[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Type[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Status[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Amount[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Dec 5, 2013[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Add Funds from a Bank Account[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] CompletedYour transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Your transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]$19.99 USD [/SIZE]​

​

[SIZE=9pt]Business Name:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Baker's Peppers LLC (The recipient of this payment is Verified[/SIZE])
[SIZE=9pt]Email:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]CS@BakersPeppers.com[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Qty[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Item[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Options[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Price[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]1[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]Mixed Sampler Fresh Peppers - 1 SFRB
Item # MXSP-1SFRB
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]$19.99 USD[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]Amount[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]$19.99 USD[/SIZE]​

Browning said:
He posted that to facebook yesterday.  Pepper Joe lent him one of his places in Tenn. to vacation at.  True story.  That may have been posted to save his ass after reading your emails.
UUfK725.png

Check out the gem at the end from Joe.  Dude is looney

and lol at tomatoes not being a cross.  Sure they are.  Future pepper joe customers should run after that statement alone. 
These three guys look ridiculous.

im in a similar situation as well.  I ordered on the 5th and was expecting for it to ship out monday and now I probably wont have them for some of the the christmas parties.  was his absence last minute as he says or was it a planned vacation?  If it was a last minute emergency I can understand.  If it was a planned vacation it was just plain irresponsible to leave customers in the dark and should have had a note on his website a long time ago. 

pier_man0909 said:
was his absence last minute as he says or was it a planned vacation?  If it was a last minute emergency I can understand.  If it was a planned vacation it was just plain irresponsible to leave customers in the dark and should have had a note on his website a long time ago.
Nov 25:

BakersPeppers said:
I will be in TN in about 2 weeks and I want to stop by your operation and "Check it out" :) No harm in that right?? No drama, no THP hate, just 2 growers meeting face to face and talking peppers....What say you?? If you truly have nothing to hide and have no HATE towards me and my business like you claim, I would expect an open invite to "Take a tour" of your superb operation....Im making this a public topic so that its ALL OUT IN THE OPEN and everyone can see my attempt to move on from this drama with you. What better way to move forward as businesses than to meet in person and have a long talk face to face??
Dec 12:

[SIZE=xx-large]*********Attention!!! There was no shipping done on 12/9/13...we were out of town last minute....all orders will ship Mon Dec 16th********Check out our "Holiday SALES" section to see whats HOT for this years gift ideas!![/SIZE]

Lady Sic said:
Lady Sic said:
Lady Sic said:
Hmmm.....wasn't going to comment, but curiousity has gotten the better of me

THP..........or anyone that remembers this incident..........

Dale Baker posted a thread challenging Judy at PepperLover in the guise of a truce.  It is titled something like......"If there is nothing to hide.....If you have nothing to hide."...........something of that nature.  In this thread, he mentioned that he would be in TN in a few weeks.  Obviously, this was a planned vacation and not a "last minute" occurance.  I am curious what date that thread was started.......    Was it sometime around November 26th?

If that is the case, this thread is the result of very poor planning on the part of Bakers Peppers, LLC. (not to mention the deception stated on the website.)  

BSBH, no matter what the answer to this question is, you should pursue a refund and receive it.........actually, you should not have to pursue a refund at all......you should recieve some communication that you will have one........just saying

The Hot Pepper said:
Nov 25:

Dec 12:

So two and a half weeks in advance is considered last minute? I'd think that was plenty of time to update his website instead of nearly a week after BSBH's (and who knows who else's) orders were placed.

thanks THP.  thats pretty good clarification.

elcap1999 said:

So two and a half weeks in advance is considered last minute? I'd think that was plenty of time to update his website instead of nearly a week after BSBH's (and who knows who else's) orders were placed.

that is definately not last minute.  this might get interesting in a couple days.

The Hot Pepper said:
Nov 25:

Dec 12:

[SIZE=10.5pt]I concur and I believe that this was a planned vacation and a planned “screw your customers they can just get over it” I have their money plan. If he had internet to change his website page to tell his customers that no shipping yesterday the 12th then he had internet to respond in an email as my wife sent 2. [/SIZE]

Brain Strain Pepper Head said:

[SIZE=10.5pt]I concur and I believe that this was a planned vacation and a planned “screw your customers they can just get over it” I have their money plan. If he had internet to change his website page to tell his customers that no shipping yesterday the 12th then he had internet to respond in an email as my wife sent 2. [/SIZE]

Maybe this was just some passive aggressive leaf he turned over, or just made a shady & half-assed (no pun intended) attempt to cover his own butt...

pier_man0909 said:
im in a similar situation as well.  I ordered on the 5th and was expecting for it to ship out monday and now I probably wont have them for some of the the christmas parties.  was his absence last minute as he says or was it a planned vacation?  If it was a last minute emergency I can understand.  If it was a planned vacation it was just plain irresponsible to leave customers in the dark and should have had a note on his website a long time ago. 
[SIZE=14pt]Bakers Peppers screwed you just like me and you should cancel in my opinion and give your money to someone on THP who is honest and has good ethics. I canceled and it feels GREAT![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught.[/SIZE] 

Brain Strain Pepper Head said:
[SIZE=14pt]Bakers Peppers screwed you just like me and you should cancel in my opinion and give your money to someone on THP who is honest and has good ethics. I canceled and it feels GREAT![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught.[/SIZE] 
Is there anyone else who has fresh reapers and hopefully primos for sale at the moment?  Im probably better off just leaving my order as is and hope they get here on time as they are supposed to ship now in 3 days.  I dont think I can get a refund and order any new freshies by that time frame especially since I have to work the whole weekend and dont have any spare money to buy more and wait for a refund.  I already couldnt really afford to buy them in the first place a couple weeks before christmas with more presents to buy knowing im getting layed off of work right after christmas.. 

pier_man0909 said:
Is there anyone else who has fresh reapers and hopefully primos for sale at the moment?  Im probably better off just leaving my order as is and hope they get here on time as they are supposed to ship now in 3 days.  I dont think I can get a refund and order any new freshies by that time frame especially since I have to work the whole weekend and dont have any spare money to buy more and wait for a refund.  I already couldnt really afford to buy them in the first place a couple weeks before christmas with more presents to buy knowing im getting layed off of work right after christmas.. 

You could contest it on Paypal, stating that the order was placed a couple weeks ago, and it was still not shipped, let alone received

pier_man0909 said:

Both you and BSPH, Pm me and let me know what you were supposed to be getting, and I will make contact with a friend and see what i can do to get them for you ASAP.

pier_man0909 said:

Not sure about primos but you can always check with Sicman. I think he pretty much grows year round. 

Jeff H said:

Not sure about primos but you can always check with Sicman. I think he pretty much grows year round. 

Indeed he does. He does do bulk orders (did several orders with him earlier this year), and his prices are very reasonable.

And don't forget PepperLover as well, neither she nor sicman will steer you wrong :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back