vendor Baker Peppers did me wrong!! Should have listened to THP and went with JUDY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my wife ordered peppers on December 5th for my birthday and a company Hotluck. Peppers should have shipped according to Dales website Monday the 9th so days later and 2 follow up emails, 1 phone message and no contact from Dale at ALL. No answering email and no phone just plain bad customer service period!!  So I check his website today as this was not up yesterday and low and behold:

[SIZE=large]*********Attention!!! There was no shipping done on 12/9/13...we were out of town last minute....all orders will ship Mon Dec 16th********Check out our "Holiday SALES" section to see whats HOT for this years gift ideas!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]These peppers were supposed to be for a hotluck Christmas lunch at work for the 17th. There are 16 of us pepper heads here who will never and I mean never buy anything from BakersPeppers.  Just so you know this isn't made up here is the proof!! Of course he got the money..... now I am stuck with powder or frozen .....and if Dale needs anymore people who think he sucks as a business man. He just added 16 to the list!! He just totally screwed up my Company Christmas lunch paid on December 5th and maybe fresh peppers by Christmas??? Next time I am ordering from Pepper Lover or Sicman [/SIZE]

IMG_20131212_165846_zpsaead0a15.jpg

[SIZE=10pt]Original Transaction[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Date[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Type[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Status[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Details[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Amount[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Dec 5, 2013[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Purchase From Baker's Peppers LLC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Completed[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]-$19.99 USD [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10pt]Related Transaction[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Date[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Type[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Status[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Amount[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Dec 5, 2013[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Add Funds from a Bank Account[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] CompletedYour transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Your transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]$19.99 USD [/SIZE]​

​

[SIZE=9pt]Business Name:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Baker's Peppers LLC (The recipient of this payment is Verified[/SIZE])
[SIZE=9pt]Email:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]CS@BakersPeppers.com[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Qty[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Item[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Options[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Price[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]1[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]Mixed Sampler Fresh Peppers - 1 SFRB
Item # MXSP-1SFRB
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]$19.99 USD[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]Amount[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]$19.99 USD[/SIZE]​

Hmmm.....wasn't going to comment, but curiousity has gotten the better of me

THP..........or anyone that remembers this incident..........

Dale Baker posted a thread challenging Judy at PepperLover in the guise of a truce.  It is titled something like......"If there is nothing to hide.....If you have nothing to hide."...........something of that nature.  In this thread, he mentioned that he would be in TN in a few weeks.  Obviously, this was a planned vacation and not a "last minute" occurance.  I am curious what date that thread was started.......    Was it sometime around November 26th?

If that is the case, this thread is the result of very poor planning on the part of Bakers Peppers, LLC. (not to mention the deception stated on the website.)  

BSBH, no matter what the answer to this question is, you should pursue a refund and receive it.........actually, you should not have to pursue a refund at all......you should recieve some communication that you will have one........just saying

So I opened a claim dispute with Bakers Peppers for a refund with paypal as he still has not emailed or contacted me so I am canceling the order and never again!!

DALE , Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. If we take care of our character our reputation will take care of itself. When we were right, no one remembers. When we were wrong, no one forgets. You change for two reasons: Either you learn enough that you want to, or you’ve been hurt enough that you have to.

Your dispute is open
Thank you. We’ll email you when the seller responds. If the seller does not respond, your dispute will automatically close on Jan 2, 2014 unless you escalate it to a PayPal claim. Don't worry; we'll email you a reminder before the dispute automatically closes. Please note that when you escalate a dispute to a claim, you're asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome.

"We" ....me, myself, I, and few other invisible workers  
are....
Certificated... 
Registered...
Inspected... 
Fresh From Florida...
It is the LAW....
Established Business...
3rd generation growers...
50 years nursery....
Have nothing to Hide...?
We ship to California... 

Why Risk it...
Not for Human consumption 
Vacation = Emergency 

when i am back i am back from vacation, i will look for more BS to sell first, then blame Team Judy for my shitty business practices, then i will whine saying
hate me hatter hate me? 

Dignity?
lost in the mountains of TN 

[SIZE=medium]When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. Billy Graham[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. John Wooden[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing. Abraham Lincoln[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]
-BEING1_zps7353d1bb.jpg
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]I really appreciate all the kind offers from all the THP members. I have plenty of everything but fresh pods and a member of THP offered to send me some fresh that she picked last week before the freeze and low and behold she is a neighbor so no mail! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt] I will meet her over the weekend and all is good. I just don’t want to get more of the THP members involved so Dale can’t call foul. Really don’t know how he could say anything negative but after reading many, many negative posts all over THP about Dale and his business practices, I see it coming. I don’t know how he will try and weasel out of it but somehow he will try and turn the whole thing around and blame me. I know his character and it’s not honorable. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Now if it was me I would overnight my customer, double the order, throw in a ton of freebies and offer my sincere apology but we both know that he is going to say we attacked him again and it’s all my fault. When this blow over I will order everything from Pepperlovers and Dale can just count his loses. [/SIZE]

Gotrox said:
Never had a problem with Dale.
I tend to purchase quite a bit from small businesses, so I expect a little inconsistancy.

Haven't had any from Bakers yet.

In all fairness, I'm sure there are customers out there who are more than satisfied with Dale and his business, and who were happy with his products & customer service. And a small percentage of customers will always be hard to please, if not impossible, so that's why those 100% satisfaction ratings are ever elusive...

That being said though, based on this and other threads/conversations I've had with people on here of the last year or so regarding Dale, his customer satisfaction rating seems to be quite a bit lower than 100%. 

PepperLover said:
"We" ....me, myself, I, and few other invisible workers  
are....
Certificated... 
Registered...
Inspected... 
Fresh From Florida...
It is the LAW....
Established Business...
3rd generation growers...
50 years nursery....
Have nothing to Hide...?
We ship to California... 

Why Risk it...
Not for Human consumption 
Vacation = Emergency 
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

View attachment 8251
STAMPED!!!!!!!

Yesterday someone, whom I will not name, suggested that maybe if Dale and Pepperjoe are now partners that maybe Pepperjoe could offer to make good on Baker's orders to help his partner out of this jam.  I guess that never occurred to him.

JayT said:
Yesterday someone, whom I will not name, suggested that maybe if Dale and Pepperjoe are now partners that maybe Pepperjoe could offer to make good on Baker's orders to help his partner out of this jam.  I guess that never occurred to him.

I never ordered from PepperJoe but I can tell you that by association I never will now. The blind lead the blind and both fall in a ditch.

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Do not be deceived: bad company corrupts good morals.”― Anonymous, [/SIZE]

Brain Strain Pepper Head said:
[SIZE=medium]When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. Billy Graham[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. John Wooden[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing. Abraham Lincoln[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]
-BEING1_zps7353d1bb.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I really appreciate all the kind offers from all the THP members. I have plenty of everything but fresh pods and a member of THP offered to send me some fresh that she picked last week before the freeze and low and behold she is a neighbor so no mail! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt] I will meet her over the weekend and all is good. I just don’t want to get more of the THP members involved so Dale can’t call foul. Really don’t know how he could say anything negative but after reading many, many negative posts all over THP about Dale and his business practices, I see it coming. I don’t know how he will try and weasel out of it but somehow he will try and turn the whole thing around and blame me. I know his character and it’s not honorable. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Now if it was me I would overnight my customer, double the order, throw in a ton of freebies and offer my sincere apology but we both know that he is going to say we attacked him again and it’s all my fault. When this blow over I will order everything from Pepperlovers and Dale can just count his loses. [/SIZE]

My guess is, he must still be on vacation, seeing as there's been no response from him on this, but you're right, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that once he returns, it'll be game-on. And to be honest, if this were just a one-off occurrence, it would be easier to write it off, but given the volume and frequency of complaints I've read/been told about, I do sense a pattern...

Brain Strain Pepper Head said:

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]
-BEING1_zps7353d1bb.jpg
[/SIZE]

Stick with Judy at Pepperlovers - NOBODY will take better care of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back