• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Baker's Peppers and "The Reaper"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that simple.

Tigahb8 said:
listed up front as "a collectable only" or not for human consumption you should know
what you are buying and proceed with prudence

Key word... upfront.

I read through what Dale had on his ads, and my brain immediately called shenanigans on it because to be honest, it just sounded like he was trying to stick it to some of the other Florida growers on here, in some kind of an attempt to make them look bad somehow, or imply that because they didn't also post their registration/certification numbers, they were somehow not in compliance with the law.

I myself am growing in Florida, in my own backyard in point of fact, and have no problem getting the Fresh from Florida cert, and the Florida Cottage Kitchen Act does allow for dehydrated peppers and pepper powders/salts (as they are considered seasonings), and to be in compliance with the law, one would have to say that the product was made in a Cottage Kitchen that didn't require inspection, along with the address of where they were made, along with ingredients. This applies to any and all products sold under $15k gross annually An FDA sticker, listing calories, sugar content, etc, certainly isn't required, and would cost more, but they don't disallow it either. And I know that the established members on here are fully aware of how hot these peppers (and related products) are, so to say that these aren't for human consumption just strikes a wrong chord for me, and by established members purchasing on here from other established members, they tend to know what they're in for.

My guess? It may just be that Dale could be trying to side-step the requirement for labeling it by saying it's not for human consumption, and I'm with THP, I don't think it's right, and the way he's doing so is muddying the waters with too much information, and IMHO, bullying the smaller people such as myself and the other Florida growers on this here forum. Maybe I'm right on that, maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's somewhere in the middle, but that's just how I feel...

And I recall several people asking in different thread, wondering how, if Dale burned his Reapers, could shortly thereafter begin selling Reaper based products...

The Hot Pepper said:
I definitely don't see it as a way to get around the law, especially since it does not say that at any point of the checkout process.

Ok....First let me say im sorry i didnt get to this thread sooner...I had no idea i was being called upon for answers....a simple PM or email would have sufficed...just sayin...

Now on to THP's posts here....I HAVE to call BS here.....it CLEARLY states in the "Terms & Conditions" on my website in the "Consumer Agreement" section as follows...this is copied and pasted verbatim from my website....

"....By completing this purchase from BakersPeppers.com & Bakers Peppers LLC, you the customer agree that Bakers Peppers LLC WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE for any results that come from consuming/handling these products sold via this website! Purchase and consume/handle AT YOUR OWN RISK!!"

I will admit i dont recall exactly how long this has been part of the "Terms & Conditions" page, but i can ASSURE you it has been posted there WAY before these accusations were made in this post....a simple READ of these "Terms & Conditions" would have cleared this up.....Come on bossman....tighten up! Further....As an added bonus, if THP had actually MADE a purchase he would have seen that the customer is REQUIRED to "acknowledge/check the box" that they in fact have READ AND AGREE to the "Terms & Conditions" associated with making the purchase from us...... if you the customer dont agree...DONT BUY.....how much more plain and simple could it be??

As far as in each individual listing on my website is concerned.... i have changed each "Dried Peppers" listing to include a "purchase/consume at your own risk" line in the description. I have been informed that as long as all the info is in the "Terms & Conditions" of our website, AND customers are REQUIRED to READ & AGREE to them prior to purchase, I can remove the "Not labeled for human consumption" from the label and it will be done so accordingly...in essence saying that the customer has been WELL warned/informed PRIOR to purchase that they purchase/consume at their own risk....I mean doesnt it say that in BIG BOLD PRINT in my "Terms & Conditions"??? Exactly......

Also, i will change my AD listing here on THP.com to also include the "Purchase/Consume at your own risk" line as well...that about covers it.........

I do appreciate all the concerns and comments on this...it helps "iron out the kinks" in our operation...thanks for the help everyone :)

Just an FYI to those that may wonder....

I am a former Executive/Head Chef, have run MANY a kitchen, been Voted a TOP chef in Tampa Bay.... :) I am WELL versed on the topic of SAFE FOOD HANDLING procedures. I challenge ANYONE to poke holes in THAT!  

As you were....

Dale Jr

BakersPeppers said:

Ok....First let me say im sorry i didnt get to this thread sooner...I had no idea i was being called upon for answers....a simple PM or email would have sufficed...just sayin...

Now on to THP's posts here....I HAVE to call BS here.....it CLEARLY states in the "Terms & Conditions" on my website in the "Consumer Agreement" section as follows...this is copied and pasted verbatim from my website....

"....By completing this purchase from BakersPeppers.com & Bakers Peppers LLC, you the customer agree that Bakers Peppers LLC WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE for any results that come from consuming/handling these products sold via this website! Purchase and consume/handle AT YOUR OWN RISK!!"

I will admit i dont recall exactly how long this has been part of the "Terms & Conditions" page, but i can ASSURE you it has been posted there WAY before these accusations were made in this post....a simple READ of these "Terms & Conditions" would have cleared this up.....Come on bossman....tighten up! Further....As an added bonus, if THP had actually MADE a purchase he would have seen that the customer is REQUIRED to "acknowledge/check the box" that they in fact have READ AND AGREE to the "Terms & Conditions" associated with making the purchase from us...... if you the customer dont agree...DONT BUY.....how much more plain and simple could it be??

As far as in each individual listing on my website is concerned.... i have changed each "Dried Peppers" listing to include a "purchase/consume at your own risk" line in the description. I have been informed that as long as all the info is in the "Terms & Conditions" of our website, AND customers are REQUIRED to READ & AGREE to them prior to purchase, I can remove the "Not labeled for human consumption" from the label and it will be done so accordingly...in essence saying that the customer has been WELL warned/informed PRIOR to purchase that they purchase/consume at their own risk....I mean doesnt it say that in BIG BOLD PRINT in my "Terms & Conditions"??? Exactly......

Also, i will change my AD listing here on THP.com to also include the "Purchase/Consume at your own risk" line as well...that about covers it.........

I do appreciate all the concerns and comments on this...it helps "iron out the kinks" in our operation...thanks for the help everyone :)

Just an FYI to those that may wonder....

I am a former Executive/Head Chef, have run MANY a kitchen, been Voted a TOP chef in Tampa Bay....  :) I am WELL versed on the topic of SAFE FOOD HANDLING procedures. I challenge ANYONE to poke holes in THAT!  

As you were....

Dale Jr

Funny stuff Dale. There's a reason you don't put "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION" on the PRODUCT PAGE or anywhere during checkout. Because YOU'D LOSE SALES! 

I read your terms yesterday. Nothing about your peppers not being fit for humans. Still not. NOTHING says not to eat your peppers or WHY they state that on the packaging. Someone orders... SURPRISE! I GOT YA! HAHAHA on the consumer.

Go ahead. Keep cheating your customers. Good move, Dale. Good move.

That's the BS right there.

I can't defend those actions. You want to be an upstanding member here, do the right thing. Not the cowardice thing to increase sales.

Tigahb8 said:
Its actually quite simple, if you have issues with a seller's practices, ask for a refund and never buy there again or never buy there
in the first place. If a sauce or pickled peppers are listed up front as "a collectable only" or not for human consumption you should know
what you are buying and proceed with prudence, I have several of those in my modest collection, the seal has never been broken on any of them!
You don't get this "warning" until after you get them on your kitchen table. "Up Front" would be the point of this thread.

My peppers ARE fit for human consumption...legalities made me once put that on the label....it is no longer....wheres the BS in that?? I agreed that i was glad this was pointed out...was appreciative of the help...just called BS as you stated i didnt put a WARNING in the checkout process...which is not true...its there PLAIN AS DAY!! I updated individual product listings, said it will no longer be labeled in that fashion....what more do you want from me?????

"PURCHASE/CONSUME at your own risk".......pretty much covers a "Warning" to consumers....if they didnt take the time to read and just "checked the box"  BEFORE the purchase how is that MY responsibility?? To eliminate that i even went further to include it in each product listing.....done and DONE!

Dale Jr

Why in the Hael would anyone need a.... this... from YOUR ad...

"We sell ALL of our dried peppers in vacuum sealed "FreshLoc" bags. Microwave safe, boilable  water/air proof...SEALED for freshness!! See picture for a visual  :) *Purchase/Consume at your own risk!"

"FreshLoc Microwave safe, BOILable, water/air proof, SEALED for freshness!!" etc. if "Purchase/Consume at your own risk!"

Why would ANY of that BS be important to make Potpourri? You're full of shite Mr. Busted. Now go away.

BakersPeppers said:
My peppers ARE fit for human consumption...legalities made me once put that on the label....it is no longer....wheres the BS in that??
What changed that you are now removing the text? This topic, or you got your facility authorized and insurance? Because people that just got peppers had the text. Are you just removing it with no change in your operation?

BakersPeppers said:
I agreed that i was glad this was pointed out...was appreciative of the help...just called BS as you stated i didnt put a WARNING in the checkout process...which is not true...its there PLAIN AS DAY!! I updated individual product listings, said it will no longer be labeled in that fashion....what more do you want from me?????

"PURCHASE/CONSUME at your own risk".......pretty much covers a "Warning" to consumers....if they didnt take the time to read and just "checked the box"  BEFORE the purchase how is that MY responsibility?? To eliminate that i even went further to include it in each product listing.....done and DONE!

Dale Jr
Eat at own risk. Good luck with that Dale. I guess that answers my first question.

Also...THP.....it really gets under my skin that you are so QUICK to get on me about ANYTHING i do.....you favor "Team Judy" its CLEAR...i get it! You publicly post how im "cheating" my customers...how what i say or do is BS...why not try conducting your ownership of this website in a PROFESSIONAL manner? Ive never ONCE tried to screw ANY member here, and have ALWAYS made good on customer complaints...But as soon as theres a chance to jump on Dale, here comes THP! Why not ask me in PRIVATE if you have a concern/issue with my business?? You are the OWNER of this website right??....try ACTING like it for a change! Get your FACTS straight BEFORE you jump in and "mingle" with us common folk.......

Your claims of me not being honest and "cowardice" by not informing customers BEFORE purchase is a LIE!! Again, it CLEARLY states this in my "Terms & Conditions" section....."Purchase/Consume AT YOUR OWN RISK"....If thats NOT a CLEAR warning i dont know what is........

I must say your posts SEVERLY lack professionalism.....You want to be the boss, yet act like a member....THAT my friend is the BS!!

Ban me if you will...but quite simply im TIRED of the one sided hatred for me and my business from THP bossman "Pookie"...Quick to process my "biz" annual payments, but a public execution as opposed to a simple email/PM question is how you prefer to roll.......i see CLEARLY!!!!!

VERY PROFESSIONAL.....

1. I read your terms, it didn't and does not say anything about peppers not being for humans. Risk is one thing, not for humans is another.
2. I looked at your product page and also it did not state they are not food.
3. I zoomed on the pic on the same product page and saw the text on the label "Not labeled for human consumption". You can see it if you use the zoom.

I got all this from your site. I didn't speculate.

Nobody is talking banning. Don't overreact.

Nice way to dodge my question about what changed now that you are able to remove the text.

Attack THP... smarmy move. The O.P. CLEARLY was asking why there was no "Not for Human Consumption" warning until they got your "vaccuum sealed, microwavable, boilable, 'sealed for 'FRESHNESS" BS at home after delivered to their home. no need to attack THP. Take your scamming lickin's and move on...

Liar.

BakersPeppers said:
Nice job dodging my statement of "Acting Professional"

You're not banned yet are you? that would be the ultimate act of "Acting Unprofessional"... as of yet... the night is young....

But I happen to know that you REALLY have to fuck up before getting banned so, keep it up Bakers. Please.

BakersPeppers said:
Nice job dodging my statement of "Acting Professional"
I posted my due diligence of researching your site before reacting.

Your silence on how you are able to now remove the text speaks volumes.

Good luck Dale.

Scovie...seriously?? I absolutley LOVE all the HATE you have thrown my way as of late....LOVE it!! Keep it coming.......Your posts keep me fueled each day to be the BEST at what i do...keep it up!

THP....Due diligence?? Really how so?? You say i lie to and cheat my customers by not warning them PRIOR to purchase......i did exactly that!

"Not labeled for human consumption" refers to the actual package not being labeled with "Nutrition info" ...."Ingredients"..."Daily Values"....NOT THE FACT ITS NOT FIT TO BE CONSUMED BY HUMANS....jeeze....you guys are some THICK headed folks.......

Why would i sell a product that wasnt "FIT" for humans to eat????? Really???

Bye Pookie.

Dale You said all the BS about not buying from People not Certified implying there not safe for human consumption IMO, but when you have  "not for human consumption",,, IMO and I'm sure a few others think you have mud on yourself from trying to run down other Business trying to make it look like your peppers are safer then others that are not Certified.  Trying to point out CLEAR warning to Cover your Arse but at the same time try to make others look bad is what turns me off from buying from you.   There's some really good Growers on THP IMO and I sure your one of them but IMO doesn't make your peppers "safer" then anyone else  that don't have the Fancy Paper work or legal  warning  to cover there Arse.   My parting thoughts Cover your Arse Yes,, but don't put others down doing it. 

I hope nobody bought these for Christmas gifts. To give somebody a gift to eat that couldn't be eaten. That would be bad.

BakersPeppers said:
"Not labeled for human consumption" refers to the actual package not being labeled with "Nutrition info" ...."Ingredients"..."Daily Values"....NOT THE FACT ITS NOT FIT TO BE CONSUMED BY HUMANS....jeeze....you guys are some THICK headed folks.......
That's not what human consumption is Dale (and you know it!)... human consumption is humans (as opposed to animals) eating it. This type of text only appears on food products that are not for humans to eat... dog food, food for crafts, etc. Has nothing to do with nutritional info missing. You don't go to the grocery store and see "not for humans" on the labels of dried peppers... and they don't have nutritional info or daily values. Ingredients? There's one ingredient. A pepper. It's not required. And if it was, you would put it. Not some text it is not for humans. THAT'S how you skate the law. Don't lie Dale. Now you're lying.

The Hot Pepper said:
That's not what human consumption is Dale (and you know it!)... human consumption is humans (as opposed to animals) eating it. This type of text only appears on food products that are not for humans to eat... dog food, food for crafts, etc. Has nothing to do with nutritional info missing. You don't go to the grocery store and see "not for humans" on the labels of dried peppers... and they don't have nutritional info or daily values. Ingredients? There's one ingredient. A pepper. It's not required. And if it was, you would put it. Not some text it is not for humans. THAT'S how you skate the law. Don't lie Dale. Now you're lying.

Bye Dale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back