vendor Baker's Peppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize Dale is a member here, but I still wanted to provide a review of a recent purchase I made from him. I was nervous about ordering live plants, but Baker's Peppers delivered a great product! I thought I'd start a review of Baker''s Peppers to provide other members with some reassurance about ordering live plants.

I purchased four live plants (two TS Morugas and two Butch Ts). All four arrived healthy and I even received some free seeds as well (7 Pod crossed with Naga Viper). I was very pleased with my order and would definitely do it again. Below are some pictures of the plants/seeds.

I live in Florida and this seller does to so I thought I'd support a local grower.
I ordered 10 packs of seeds it comes with about 10 or 15 fresh superhots.
When the arrive I will post pics and let you know what I think.

Brain Strain Pepper Head said:
Don't be surprised when you grow out your seeds and they are nothing like what you think you ordered.....Bakers Peppers is not noted for a GOOD VENDOR. You should have done some research and ordered from Pepperlover or sicman or anyone besides Bakers...http://thehotpepper.com/topic/45748-this-is-supposed-to-be-a-7-pot-brain-strain-red-plant-from-bakers/
I'm sorry, but where do you get that info from? Have you ever personally purchased seeds and grown them out from me?? Pics of the plants and peppers on said plants?? Mods...please issue a warning to this member...as I have no record of this person ever buying seeds from me....thanks!

Dale Jr

BakersPeppers said:
I'm sorry, but where do you get that info from? Have you ever personally purchased seeds and grown them out from me?? Pics of the plants and peppers on said plants?? Mods...please issue a warning to this member...as I have no record of this person ever buying seeds from me....thanks!

Dale Jr
:( man this sucks. I really hope this information is not true and if so that would be pretty sad. The pepper growing community is so nice and this would just kill it. I already ordered your seeds so I guess ill just have to find out for my self. Thank you Brain Strain and Dale.

Yep you see how Bakers tries to throw the blame he won't even respond to this http://thehotpepper.com/topic/45748-this-is-supposed-to-be-a-7-pot-brain-strain-red-plant-from-bakers/ you can see how he stands behind his product by trying to get the mods to give me a warning for his bad seed review. Sorry Dale but if the mods don't give you a warning for selling seeds that aren't true varieties don't expect them to give me a warning for telling others about it. It's a known fact that this is not s brainstrain http://thehotpepper.com/topic/45748-this-is-supposed-to-be-a-7-pot-brain-strain-red-plant-from-bakers/ and anybody can search Bakers and see who you really are and what kind of a shady business person you are It's not a secret.

Nothing shady here man....I know your upset about a box of peppers that never made it to you last Christmas time....u were refunded in full...nothing shady about that...!

Last year I sold roughly the equivalent of 20,000 SFRB of FRESH PEPPERS.....with only a few complaints....HUNDREDS of repeat customers...how on earth could I do that if all I sell is crap that isn't true to form or true to heat level??? It's "team pepperlover" people like you that TRY TRY TRY to make me look bad on here CONSTANTLY....BUT MY PRODUCT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!

Somehow all I ever see on here is the negative stuff about me....but somehow I'm still in business and the TOP supplier of FRESH super hot peppers in the COUNTRY!! I must be doing SOMETHING right!!

Please ignore the comments from the usual suspects from "team pepperlover"...they just hate me period!!

Dale Jr

BakersPeppers said:
Nothing shady here man....I know your upset about a box of peppers that never made it to you last Christmas time....u were refunded in full...nothing shady about that...!

Last year I sold roughly the equivalent of 20,000 SFRB of FRESH PEPPERS.....with only a few complaints....HUNDREDS of repeat customers...how on earth could I do that if all I sell is crap that isn't true to form or true to heat level??? It's "team pepperlover" people like you that TRY TRY TRY to make me look bad on here CONSTANTLY....BUT MY PRODUCT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!

Somehow all I ever see on here is the negative stuff about me....but somehow I'm still in business and the TOP supplier of FRESH super hot peppers in the COUNTRY!! I must be doing SOMETHING right!!

Please ignore the comments from the usual suspects from "team pepperlover"...they just hate me period!!

Dale Jr
I'm worried about your seeds... also it says theys ship 3/10. How long does it take. I'm in Orlando

I sent you a message on here....package shipped yesterday

No need to worry about my seeds...everything I sell is TOP quality....like I said, there's plenty of people on here that TRY to be my competition...like this BRAIN STRAIN PEPPER HEAD guy....u read his posts n threads about how he's going to put me out of business?? Funny stuff I tell ya! :) Then all he does is follow threads talking shit about me and warning people to NOT buy from me...funny stuff!! A hobby grower in Colorado is going to take out an established commercial grower in Florida?? That's just flat out HILARIOUS!! Shoot me an email when your package arrives :)

Dale Jr
I would also like to add this...

If your looking for TOP quality seeds, try PepperJoes.com!

I'm more of a fresh pepper seller than anything else :)
Brain Strain Pepper Head said:
Yep you see how Bakers tries to throw the blame he won't even respond to this http://thehotpepper.com/topic/45748-this-is-supposed-to-be-a-7-pot-brain-strain-red-plant-from-bakers/ you can see how he stands behind his product by trying to get the mods to give me a warning for his bad seed review. Sorry Dale but if the mods don't give you a warning for selling seeds that aren't true varieties don't expect them to give me a warning for telling others about it. It's a known fact that this is not s brainstrain http://thehotpepper.com/topic/45748-this-is-supposed-to-be-a-7-pot-brain-strain-red-plant-from-bakers/ and anybody can search Bakers and see who you really are and what kind of a shady business person you are It's not a secret.
Please show me where I sold SEEDS that didn't grow true....that is a thread about a plant he purchased...I posted there days ago...asked what I could do to make it right....again, NOTHING to do with SEEDS!! Read the thread............

I recommend buying from Pepper Lover www.pepperlover.com/‎  if you want true seeds. I am not trying to put Bakers peppers out of business all you have to do ,is do a search on THP and you will see it is his BAD CUSTOMER service and RIPPING people off that puts a dent in his operation not me. And if you call 12,500 plants and 230 acres a HOBBY grower YEP that's me. A few more months and I will be giving away FREE pods to all who buy from anyone but BAKERS. That is how us hobby growers roll.....and all with out a FLORIDA License......GO TEAM JUDY!!!

BakersPeppers said:
I sent you a message on here....package shipped yesterday

No need to worry about my seeds...everything I sell is TOP quality....like I said, there's plenty of people on here that TRY to be my competition...like this BRAIN STRAIN PEPPER HEAD guy....u read his posts n threads about how he's going to put me out of business?? Funny stuff I tell ya! :) Then all he does is follow threads talking shit about me and warning people to NOT buy from me...funny stuff!! A hobby grower in Colorado is going to take out an established commercial grower in Florida?? That's just flat out HILARIOUS!! Shoot me an email when your package arrives :)

Dale Jr
I would also like to add this...

I'm more of a fresh pepper seller than anything else :)

Please show me where I sold SEEDS that didn't grow true....that is a thread about a plant he purchased...I posted there days ago...asked what I could do to make it right....again, NOTHING to do with SEEDS!! Read the thread............

And I don't borrow $5,000 from THP members and don't repay back loans. As a Hobby grower we honor our words.......Dale / Bakers Peppers s known for trying to blame others for his wrong doings but some members don't believe his lies just read before doing business with Bakers http://thehotpepper.com/topic/44185-best-business-practices-bakerspeppers-5000-facts-no-drama-admins-no-trolls-in-this-thread/?hl=%2Bbaker+%2Bpeppers+%2B%26%23036%3B5000

BakersPeppers said:

Dale Jr

I don't think they hate you Dale, that's a little over the top. I think you've made your bed a particular way here on the public forum and now you get to lay in it. That said, if you smartened up (and stayed so), I'm sure (as many have said in many such threads) you'd slowly earn back some trust, and then no one would pipe up concerned that other customers would suffer as they did. Man up, son, and tidy up that bed.

Note: I have no dealings with Dale, however I did research vendors here in the vault before considering a purchase. The current reputation is quite loud to say the least...

BakersPeppers said:

Another vendor one would do well to research here prior to purchase...

People: Please stop with the caps. As a writer it drives me up the freaking wall. Unless you are intending to yell at each other:
 [video=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFLPbhasuk4]

One plant got mixed up, and he's been paying back the debt, no need for the pile on vendetta. In my opinion he has been cleaning up his act. Some of you guys love the chance to pounce before you even know the facts. One supposed slip and BAM. So how about giving him that chance?

Dale thanks for offering to send that new plant.

Thanks THP....can u please put all my vendor vault th threads into my main one please? Trying to keep all the info (good, bad, or indifferent) in one thread for easy finding....

Thanks again...

Dale Jr

P.S. - Brain Strain Pepper Head.....if I had a nickel for every grower that tried to put me out of business I'd be retired at 33! Bring it man! I think it's GREAT u want to GIVE away free peppers to try to hurt my business...U just made it personal.......! I work to feed my family, NOT to hurt others!! And u call ME the scum bag???? I'm done with u...vanish into the log of people who tried and failed already, your tired talk falls on deaf ears now............your comments no longer will be graced with a reply from me....

To potential customers or current customers..if you want to reach me, EMAIL TEXT OR CALL ME....This is NOT the place to reach me....I will not reply here on THP!

BakersPeppers said:
This is NOT the place to reach me....I will not reply here on THP!

Dale, please don't deal in absolutes. They have a habit of coming back and haunting you. I understand not replying to people who you don't want to talk to, but why deny responses to anyone and everyone?

After my last post about Bakers Peppers got deleted because Im not sure why, I decided to make a new one.
I recently ordered Bakers Peppers 10+ pack and mixed sampler fresh peppers.
The pack came in and the seeds were very well organized and labeled.
The peppers were kind of small and there were only about 10 or 12 peppers.

I contacted him and told him about the small peppers and he was very understanding and very considerate. He offered to send

Although there was a problem, I would definitely recommend buying from Dale.

I would be happy with the 10 or 12 smallish peppers. No one really has any atm. I don't care for the way he has treated some people and I don't like pepperjoe at all but I had good service from Dale the one time I ordered from him last year. I might be willing to order from him again hearing that he has been cleaning his act up for some fresh peppers.

maxdantonio3 said:
After my last post about Bakers Peppers got deleted because Im not sure why, I decided to make a new one.
I recently ordered Bakers Peppers 10+ pack and mixed sampler fresh peppers.
The pack came in and the seeds were very well organized and labeled.
The peppers were kind of small and there were only about 10 or 12 peppers.

I contacted him and told him about the small peppers and he was very understanding and very considerate. He offered to send

Although there was a problem, I would definitely recommend buying from Dale.

Sm1nts2escape said:
I would be happy with the 10 or 12 smallish peppers. No one really has any atm. I don't care for the way he has treated some people and I don't like pepperjoe at all but I had good service from Dale the one time I ordered from him last year. I might be willing to order from him again hearing that he has been cleaning his act up for some fresh peppers.

Yeah he is a really nice guy and I will continue to order from him. I plan on making a youtube grow series just on his seeds. From seed to plant just to show people the whole season and to promote his seeds if they are good

The Hot Pepper said:
One plant got mixed up, and he's been paying back the debt, no need for the pile on vendetta. In my opinion he has been cleaning up his act. Some of you guys love the chance to pounce before you even know the facts. One supposed slip and BAM. So how about giving him that chance?

Dale thanks for offering to send that new plant.

Before I begin, I would like to say that I have not personally had any trasaction with Bakers Peppers. I have only been observing his customer service and business practices since joining back in Nov. (same thing i have done with all other vendors on this site). That said, since joining I have had transactions with just about every other vendor on this site, sampling their products. All my transactions have been outstanding with those vendors, and products have been great too.  But this vendor I am so hesitant about placing an order due to the negative publicity he has recieved in just my short time here. Generally I stay in the background on this but I have come to my end and feel that i need to speak up. Since here this is what I have noticed:

1. improper labeling on dried food item packaging
2. financial issues
3. shipping issues
4. seed/plant issues---though this can happen to anyone

All that I can actually take they are mistakes, we all make them, we all learn from them. Some quicker than others.

Now all that aside, what I DO have a problem with is some of his claims, his latest in particulair

1. Am I the only one that noticed this claim "Last year I sold roughly the equivalent of 20,000 SFRB of FRESH PEPPERS"  Really?

According to his website the cheapest box of fresh peppers is $30
20,000 X 30 = $600,000  :shocked:  Ok so lets say each box he is charged $15 in shipping so $300,000 profit then.

Lets assume he gave away at least 10,000 in giveaways/promos etc that still leaves 150K on the table, so lets go to the extreme and say he gave away 15,000 for free that still leaves 75,000 just from hot peppers not including sales from dried, seeds, and plants. 

With such a successful bussiness he cant payback a 5000 loan? Something isnt adding up.

THP--its not about "piling on the vendetta" its about protecting other consumers from poor vendors and sharing experiances so others may be spared. I for one am glad that I have got the information that I did.  I would assume that you don't condone vendors that have such a poor track record.  afterall, we are your customers first. 

In this case yes, it was one plant that got mixed up, no big deal right? I can say that if i invested time to grow a plant out that i was told was a certain species and it turned out to be different, yeah i'd be pissed too. Also, can we say with certaintly that this will be the last mistake by this vendor?  On this thread, member "maxdantonio3" bought seeds on 3-3, then he has to ask about the status on 3-14 when they live in the same state. So I have to disagree, I dont believe he is cleaning up his act. I will commend him to say that he attempts to correct all and make good and such but man it seems like its everytime.  So its like going to a resturant and ordering something and everytime you have to send it back for them to correct.  He has also made a statement that all future customers to refrain from using THP for contacting him? So why is he advertising here if we have to contact him by his personal website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back