BEER!

Ha Ha....you don't know how good it is to be a Mac user lol.....having been swindled by Microsoft for umpteen years I finally made the switch about 4 years ago and I've never looked back!

[they even double as beer coasters - spot the beer bottle ring!]

mac.jpg

i build my own computers and dual OS with Ubuntu and Windows, but I hands down hate mac OS more than any other OS i have ever used, hell ide rather type all my commands in DOS than use a mac

true story

OSX is a bajillion times better than windows.
Ubuntu is good though.

I think we can all agree however, that BEER is awesome!
:beer:

I guess it's horses for courses. I use Adobe Illustrator/Photshop/Dreamweaver/Fireworks and I couldn't run those efficiently on a PC. The lost productivity through lockups and unwanted reboots was just an outrage on Windows, my Mac can run for weeks without ever having to reboot it.
Again, it suits my needs perfectly, and I understand that different people have different needs.

I guess it's horses for course. I use Adobe Illustrator/Photshop/Dreamweaver/Fireworks and I couldn't run those efficiently on a PC. The lost productivity through lockups and unwanted reboots was just an outrage on Windows, my Mac can run for weeks without ever having to reboot it.
Again, it suits my needs perfectly, and I understand that different people have different needs.

Likewise, I run a lot of Audio software and it so much more stable on my Mac.
I'm frequently having to attempt to fix my mums PC and practically all she uses is e-mail and word games. Windows just seems to have a lot of issues.
I've never had any problems with a Mac that weren't caused by my own idiocy (like drunkenly pushing two CDs in the drive! Duh). I make it work really hard too.

I consistently run photoshop CS3 and Fruityloops while gaming and watching movies all on my desktop at the same time

I have rebooted this computer once in 2 months, and that was 3 days ago when I installed a new netframe upgrade and was FORCED to restart

my sisters macbook pro on the other hand has given her more problems than any PC I have ever build myself

I consistently run photoshop CS3 and Fruityloops while gaming and watching movies all on my desktop at the same time

I have rebooted this computer once in 2 months, and that was 3 days ago when I installed a new netframe upgrade and was FORCED to restart

my sisters macbook pro on the other hand has given her more problems than any PC I have ever build myself

Hey Wheebz....it is odd how opinions are still so polarized on the old Mac versus Windows debate. I can only reiterate my total satisfaction with the Mac, as a tool for what I need it to do. I am a professional user, I use it for my web design biz daily, and it just does everything I need it to do, reliably.

I also respect your views on your usage with windows OS. I don't know how to explain it, I just know that what I have is right for me, and better than where I came from.

Cheers Ole Bean! Back to the beer!! (Crispin Cider for me tonight....followed by way too much cheap tequila !)

Rooze

I couldn't resist... I have wanted to drink "Duff" since I was about 10.

DUFF!!!! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
IMG_1083.jpg

It tastes like a typical German lager (yah, it's German), nice enough.
I'm gunna go watch The Simpsons now. :)

Well, I need a beer. Here it is:

100_9454.jpg

Robert Johnson's Hellhound on my ale by Dogfish Head Brewery in Milton, DE.
Here's what the folks at Dogfish Head have to say about it:

2011 marks the 100th birthday of Mississippi Delta bluesman Robert Johnson who, according to legend, sold his soul down at the crossroads in a midnight bargain and changed music forever. Working again with our friends at Sony Legacy (yup, the same folks we did our Miles Davis-inspired Bitches Brew with), Dogfish Head pays tribute to this blues legend by gettin the hellhounds off his trail and into this finely-crafted ale.

Hellhound is a super-hoppy ale that hits 100 IBUs in the brewhouse, 10.0 ABV, 10.0 SRM in color, and dry-hopped with 100% centennial hops at a rate of 100 kilos per 100 barrel brew-length. Can you tell we at Dogfish are stoked for this mighty musical centennial? To accentuate and magnify the citrusy notes of the centennial hops (and as a shout out to Robert Johnsons mentor Blind Lemon Jefferson) we add dried lemon peel and flesh to the whirlpool.

Very hoppy, nice lacing, great mouthfeel, taste is citrusy like lemons and oranges, but bitter. It is creamy with a dry finish. Very hard to find as it was a limited collaboration. Glad I got a bottle.

I remember the cans of that stuff. I had a couple in the 90s, but never seen a bottle of it.

Yeah, i believe the original producers got themselves involved in a lawsuit, but now a German brewery has cut a deal and brought it back.
I do kind of wish it was in a can, I remember seeing those around in the 90's too, but I was just a wee fella.

It's been a long day. I stoped by the local ABC and found a Theobroma by Dogfish Head Brewing.

47cc298c.jpg

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd507/William_T
hornton/8738f86d.jpg

The pour was golden but with none of the aromas I was expecting. There was about ½ a finger of head and almost no lacing. Theobroma is the Cocoa beer based on an ancient recipe of the Myans and Aztecs.

4be55c10.jpg

The taste is a classic ale taste of malt flavor and hops but they are light when compared to most other ales I’ve tried. There is also some flavor from the additions but not what you think they would be. It is brewed with honey, ancho chilies, ground annatto, cocoa nibs and cocoa powder. I was expecting to get some of the chocolate aroma and some spiciness from the chilies however what I got was a great tasting ale. I couldn’t find any notes of the cocoa or the chilies. I was expecting a dark beer and it came out a golden caramel color.

Now, it may sound as if I didn’t care much for this one however I did very much enjoy it. It just wasn’t what I was expecting from a beer made with the ingredients it has. One thing I am beginning to learn with fermenting though is that what you put into the fermentation may be sweet and smell and taste one way but when the fermentation process is complete, it’s going to be a whole new ball game.

Cheers, :beer:
RM :cool:

I would really love to get my hands on this one. Based solely on my interest for the Mayan culture.

First off this is a little sweet to want more than one but after a great meal it's a fantastic desert. Thanks Wheebz for your part in making these grew Southern Tier creations

473cc8fc.jpg

Dark pour thick and yummy

a6478f98.jpg

Next is a Milk Stout from Left Handed Brewing. This stout has milk sugar added which gives it a great miouth feel creamy and slightly thick.

996f7162.jpg

Like the label
62825264.jpg

Picked thus up in the way home. Thusbus the first beer I've had from Three Philosophers

64af483b.jpg

It has an interesting mix of ale and cherries
08bb1908.jpg

Rocketman, I just found the Milk Stout a couple months myself and man is it an awesome brew! My first from Left Hand as well.

Rocketman

the beer is called Three Philosophers, the brewery is Ommegang based out of New York, also owned by the Duvel Corporation from Belgium

Back