• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! 2-Course Curry Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, if TD's started at midnight, we'd never get the rules!  :drunk:
  especially if it was midnight PST! 

:rofl:

I've an idea, and just gotta find the 2nd course.....  think I'm in on this one~

The Hot Pepper said:
post-2-0-11600100-1449272958.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:

HA!

post-2-0-89635600-1351187672.jpg

ATODASO!

My command of the English language is sure to improve from this point on ...

23500385786_23d0d30510_o.jpg

Another THP member shared a link with me the other day, after I mentioned not having seen TB for a while and missing his late-night Texambic Pentameter ...

http://www.seriouseats.com/user/profile/texas%20blues

I'll just leave that here for anyone else who wants to drink and celebrate with it ...

I think if I recall correctly ... that he throws curry on the ground!

Appetizer course: Pork Curry Eggrolls

Ingredients
  • 1lb ground pork
  • 1 cup green cabbage chopped
  • 1 cup purple cabbage chopped
  • 2 tsp curry powder (toasted cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger, smoked moa bonnet and Bahamian goat powder)
  • eggroll wraps
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrots
  • 2 green onions
  • 1t minced ginger
  • 1/4 lb bean sprouts
1 .brown ground pork and ginger in a large pan
2. add remaining ingredients and stir fry for 2-3 minutes 

3. remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. 

4. arrange filling horizontally in wraps and fold eggroll style

5. fry in 350 degree oil seam side down until golden brown, turn and brown other side.
6. remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain.

Enjoy!

Main Course: Curry Chicken Fried Rice
 ​
Ingredients
  • 4cups white rice cooked and chilled
  • 4 green onions
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup peas
  • 1/4 cup chopped carrots
  • 2 cups bean sprouts
  • 2 eggs
  • 4tsp soy sauce
  • 2t curry powder  (toasted cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger, smoked moa bonnet and Bahamian goat powder)
  • smoked goatsweed for garnish
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok.  Allow wok to cool slightly.

2. Mix egg with 3 drops of soy and 3 drops of sesame oil; set aside.
3. Add 1/2 tbsp oil to wok, swirling to coat surfaces; add egg mixture; working quickly, swirl egg until egg sets against wok; when egg puffs, flip egg and cook other side briefly; remove from wok, and chop into small pieces.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add selected meat to wok, along with carrots, peas, curry powder and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add rice, green onions, and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
6. Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.

Some the best eggrolls I ever had though I should of drained oil better. I ate like 8 of them and mah belly hurts lol. 

I didn't realize I took so few pics of the fried rice until I pulled pics from camera

Nice job, D3monic!  I see the red chile pepper in the stir fry but it's not listed in the ingredients. 

Key~, Dude, if I lived within an 8 hour drive of your house, you'd be seeing me for dinner!  Scallops and shrimp....YUM!!!! and all my favorite ingredients....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back