• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! 2-Course Curry Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
salsalady said:
Nice job, D3monic!  I see the red chile pepper in the stir fry but it's not listed in the ingredients. 

Key~, Dude, if I lived within an 8 hour drive of your house, you'd be seeing me for dinner!  Scallops and shrimp....YUM!!!! and all my favorite ingredients....

you're right, it was just a little smoked goatsweed I wanted to infuse the oil with and use as a garnish. The main hot pepper ingredient was the moa bonnet and baha goat powder I used in the curry. 

One of my original intentions was to use some frozen peppers I had in the eggrolls but had too much going on with the kids harassing me it slipped my mind.

Ah, I saw the chiles in the first listing, missed that it was used in the fried rice also. 

salsalady said:
Key~, Dude, if I lived within an 8 hour drive of your house, you'd be seeing me for dinner!  Scallops and shrimp....YUM!!!! and all my favorite ingredients....

haha, yeah, I think Washington State? is a little bit far away from South Florida...

The shrimp is more for a shrimp paste, but maybe I can throw a few extra shrimp in the curry.. 

paulky_2000 said:
Greatest curry lover on the entire site......and I'll have to sit this one out. My son leaves for boot camp Monday and we're doing father-son stuff!

But I WILL be watching! 

Ohai ... nice to see you, man! ...

12314310_1115126815187710_1673723287968138711_o.jpg

Anyone making curry powder make sure one of those pics makes it in the final, those pics with separated spices look great! Often times people think the final post is just for the plate and miss good pics for votes.

D3 add you curry ingredients to your rice too, it just says curry powder and at first glance I thought you used a packaged product. ;)

Went with lamb.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Vindaloo paste, cube lamb leg (would have rather used shoulder, but none to ne found). Into bag to marinate for a few hours. Sorry about the sideways pics, but too late to fix.
D3 - I can't remember the last good egg roll I've had. No good Chinese left in DC. Lots of good Thai, but two different things. You have inspired me to make my own.

Key - this time of year I think of heavy, meaty stews. You are making me want to head south. Can't wait to see the end result!

Alynne said:
D3 - I can't remember the last good egg roll I've had. No good Chinese left in DC. Lots of good Thai, but two different things. You have inspired me to make my own.

Highly recommend it. Was pretty easy and tasted really good. I have a lot of allergies so it was nice to be able to eat a eggroll and know exactly what was in it. I'd recommend using some fire roasted pablano or something in them. 

Next time I grab a pack of egg roll wraps i'm making some creamcheese and pepper wontons 

The Hot Pepper said:
D3 add you curry ingredients to your rice too, it just says curry powder and at first glance I thought you used a packaged product. ;)

Oh snap looks like you already did that before I posted. ;) 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back