• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Bread Bowl Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some bread for D3.

IMG_6249.JPG

IMG_6259.JPG

IMG_6255.JPG

IMG_6279.JPG

The beginnings of some sourdough bran sandwich loaves
IMG_0605_zpsjjai9tar.jpg

Snow crab legs
IMG_0608_zpscsj8gzew.jpg

These guys just went into the oven. And I just heard my wife pull out the foil to cover them as I post this. And that means I should be smelling fresh baked bread any minute now. I'm like one of Pavlov's dogs.  :drooling:
IMG_0609_zpslaatibog.jpg

I don't know if my turkey or my wife's bread smells better at this point. I bet the combination of the two is gonna be delicious!
IMG_0611_zps1pbv7qp3.jpg

:cheers:

tctenten said:
Some bread for D3.

Do you use steam to get that crust? That's nuts!

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
The beginnings of some sourdough bran sandwich loaves

Do you use steam to get that crust? That's nuts!

No.  I usually use steam when I bake loaves.  The boules get covered with a large stainless steel mixing bowl for the first 20 minutes.  The one that I cooked in the bread pan was just put in the oven as is.  

[SIZE=36pt]N’Orleans Fusion Merguez [/SIZE][SIZE=36pt]&[/SIZE][SIZE=36pt] Italian Sausage Poboy’s[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Poboy Bread:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]4 cups of flour[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]1 cup of water[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]2 tbs. yeast[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]2 tbs. sugar[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]1 tsp. salt[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Mix the water, sugar and yeast and wait for it to proof. In a mixer add the water to the flour and yeast, a little at a time until it no longer sticks to the bowl. Cover and let it double. Knead a few times and divide in to three parts, roll each out to about 2” each. Cover and let them double. Pre-heat oven to 475, put loaves in oven with an empty pan underneath it. After 10 min add ½ cup of water to empty pan and cook for another 10 minutes. Voila.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Cajun Merguez Sausage[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Ground 5lbs of pork butt[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Harrisa spice mix[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·                [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]1/4 cup ground fish pepper[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·                [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]2 tablespoons ground fennel seeds[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·                [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]2 tablespoons ground cumin[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·                [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]1 tablespoon ground coriander seeds[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·                [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]2 tablespoons salt[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·                [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]1 teaspoon ground cinnamon[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·                [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]1 teaspoon goat pepper[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·                [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]3/4 teaspoon black pepper[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Harrisa [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·                [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]2 very large handfuls of dried Chinese red peppers, 4 guahillo and 4 new mex chilies[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·                [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]3 or 4 large cloves of garlic[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·                [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]1 teaspoon salt, or to taste[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·                [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·                [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seeds [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·                [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]1/2 teaspoon ground caraway seedshttp://mideastfood.about.com/od/middleeasternspicesherbs/p/carawayseeds.htm[/SIZE] 
[SIZE=10pt]·                [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or to taste[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·                [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]olive oil, to taste[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]first rehydrate the dried chili peppers then put everything in a food processor using a little of the water to make a paste.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Add everything to the ground pork and stuff in natural casings, cook on grill[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]French fries: Take 3 Idaho potatoes, wash, skin, and slice into French fry size pieces, throw in hot oil until brown, drain, pat dry and add salt[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Cut poboy but not completely in half. Stuff in the sausages, add the French fries, and drizzle a little home made sriracha sauce on them. Cut diagonally in half[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Italian sausage[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]5 Pounds Ground Pork[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]5 Teaspoons Salt
1 Tablespoon Black Pepper[/SIZE]
2 Teaspoons Fennel
3 Tablespoons ground fish pepper
2 Tablespoons Hot Red Pepper Flakes

[SIZE=12pt]Mix it all together and my 1/2 lb. patties and grill on the stove[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Take 1 tbl. of mayo and add 1 tbl. of home made sriracha sauce, cut poboy in half but not completely through. Liberally apply the sriracha mix to the bread. Add the patties, some sliced tomatoes and some romain lettuce. Slice the poboy in half diagonally.[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back