• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just drawing a blank on sliders, and I certainly don't have any tiny buns laying around nor time to make them. I do have some small pieces of naan bread I could cut into lil circles I guess.... hmm. I haven't ate today so I may end up making it tonight if the meats defrosted. Pulled it last night.  I lost my TD gusto putting all that work into last weeks burgers

IMG_5235.JPG

Onion buns are done.  Rest gets finished tomorrow.

Teaser...
Click to sexpand...

Main stuff with PoL... Meat (extra chosen young beef/old calf of Piemonte), BBQ sauce, an hot peepper sauce (a bit on mayo vein), my hot sauce from last post, bun, grana padano, sliced scamorza, smoked bacon.
Ketchup not used, goat cheese usedby my friend...

My friend cooked mixed with goat cheese...

Fancy plating from my friend...

Dunno if i need a bump, in the meantime i'll prepare pics and go posting on pescetarian or drunken thread for stuff better than that burger.

Thanks boss, i'll end here first! Stuffed category.

Heavy garlic bacon cheese burger
CLICK ON PICS FOR BIGGER ONES

For bun see here: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/55093-begin-burger-royale-part-2/#entry1177799
and next link for sauce

Full young beef minced meat (about 3-400g). They said extra chosen from Piemonte. Guess it sounds cool to report here.
Stuffed with grana padano pieces and my heavy garlic sauce. Recipe here: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/55093-begin-burger-royale-part-2/page-2#entry1178047

Salt and black pepper when built (see photo on last post, moved one and i still wasn't drunk).
Cook bacon slices on pan, quickly and just with some oil.
Cook burger on pan, also put some scamorza slices...
Sauces: Bull's Eye bbq sauce, another one with sweet peppers (but it's also hot), a bit mayo like, good taste.
Heat again bread, more scamorza.
Build, eat and enjoy.

Stuffed French Onion and Mushroom Burger

Again with the ingredients

Start with the ground beef:
2lbs ground chuck, 1 lb ground sirloin.  Mixed them together with some kosher salt, pepper, about 2-3 tbs Worcestershire sauce, about 2 tbs of the chocolate habanero hot sauce, and 1/2 cup of the home made French onion soup broth we had last night.  Formed the beef into 6 1/2 lb patties and pressed a beer can down into the patty to make a bowl.  I then wrapped the burger with thick cut bacon and used a toothpick to hold it in place.

I put the burgers in the fridge to cool and then started on the filling.  About 2 cups of French onion soup (mostly the onions with some broth), 2 large portabella mushroom caps, 2 pieces of bacon, tbs of Worcestershire sauce, and a splash of red wine.

After the filling was cooked down I filled the bowls in the patties with the mushrooms and onions and topped with some chunks of smoked gruyere cheese.

I put the burgers in the smoker, using hickory wood chunks and smoked them for an hour around 275 degrees.  While the burgers were smoking I toasted some French bread in the oven on broil with a little butter and garlic powder.

Placed the burger on the French bread and added a little more of the chocolate habanero hot sauce.

The money shot.  

Nice little smoke ring.  The flavor of the mushrooms, with the little bit of bacon in the filling, with that cheese was very savory.  The chocolate habanero hot sauce really put it over the edge with the smoky flavor.   

Good god damn there's some sexy fixins in here already

Sexy looking buns tctenten, love your burger essigi, ozzy that looks really good, I love the smoked Gruyere it tastes so good, I just wish it melted better. 

A few ingredients, Wild boar from foothills of TX that was "humanly trapped", Pancetta (i'm in love with this stuff), Mozzarella balls, first ripe Bolsa de Dulce , spinach and dill from my garden. Some other fixins as well

_MG_0606.JPG

_MG_0618.JPG

Seasoned with pressed garlic, pepper, seasalt and fresh ground smoked pequin. 

_MG_0624.JPG

Ground

_MG_0627.JPG

I did my best to handle the meat as little as possible while forming the patty, stuffed with spinach, mozzarella and bolsa de dulce

_MG_0637.JPG

I didn't weight this but it was 95% of the meat I had so easily over 1lb

_MG_0638.JPG

POL since it got cut out of ingredients pic

_MG_0639.JPG

Some Cucumber dill aoli I made

_MG_0641.JPG

Patty is out in the smoker at 250 over some peach wood

She's sitting at 158 taking it to 165 

_MG_0648.JPG

Edit: My new LED ring light is really white, wish I had some sun out for natural lighting. 

Cucumber Dill Wild Piggly Wiggly

I got to start off by saying I've had some good burgers in my life... this quite possibly was the best one I've ever had. The combination of flavors left my taste buds dancing like they was on 3 hits of acid in a warm spring rain. It was nice being able to source ingredients from my garden as well. 

Meat: Wild Boar, Pancetta , ground smoked pequin, seasalt, minced garlic and pepper. Ran through meat grinder and handled as little as possible.

Stuffing: Fresh Mozzarella, spinach from the garden and Bolsa de Dulce pepper

Toppings: Balsamic onions and shiitake mushrooms, fresh mozzarella and thick dill pickle

Cucumber Dill Aoli- 4 Tbsp Mayonnaise, squeeze of lemon juice, dash of olive oil, 2 tsp diced cucumber and fresh dill to taste.

_MG_0637.JPG

Smoked at 250f over peach wood until internal temp of 165f

_MG_0655.JPG

_MG_0668.JPG

_MG_0672.JPG

I didn't even care that my hands where getting dirty (if you know me then you know I can't handle that "like I totes can't even"

_MG_0688.JPG

I don't have a plan to make something that I'd rather eat than that, no matter whether I cook it well, or don't ...

Love the colors on the patty, inside and out, from smoking ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back