contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Round 2 - Veggie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I truthfully thought his burger looked awesome ! The second photo was a little blurry.. LDHS would have gotten my vote other wise.. I saw a frozen patty last week.. I am just trying to make something from scratch VS, A box of Seitan Mix.. Boss not try to be rude in any way ...

bwahahahahaha...

Shopping comp.

You boys better step up y'all's game.

Imelda Marcos still holds the title of shoe shopping queen.

LD put back the nylons.

They're not on sale this week.

Mildly surprised you can type all that without your purse getting in the way - I get the ovulation making you irritable though, so I'll just smile and nod like I usually do in these situations.

:dance:

Well I truthfully thought his burger looked awesome ! The second photo was a little blurry.. LDHS would have gotten my vote other wise..

Yeah - that sucked. I was in my friend's dark kitchen using my craptastic phone camera. Cooking on the road is difficult to say the least. :(

POL, prep

07peppers1.jpg

I was just re-reading the rules, and boss - if you keep raising the price of the POL, you're gonna create an economic barrier for Scovie, JayT & sic! How they gonna buy hot dogs if you make 'em fork over that much for POL?

I'm just sayin'!
:rofl:

Keysburger II

List of Ingredients:

Yeast (2 packets, about 1 1/2 TBLSPN.)
Milk (about 1 cup for dough)
Butter (3 TBLSPN. for dough)
Salt (1/4 TSPN. for dough, a few shakes for coleslaw, light dusting for frying pan)
Sugar (2 TBLSPN. for dough, 1 TBLSPN. for coleslaw)
Flour (1 1/4 Cup for dough)
Honey (1 TSPN. for dough)
Canola Oil (as required for working with dough)
Olive Oil (2 TBLSPN. for frying)

2 Potatoes (as required)
1 Deep Purple Carrot [small amount grated for coleslaw, also ground in patty) (home grown)
1 Green/Red Cabbage (3/4 Green 1/4 cup Red for coleslaw)
1 McIntosh Apple (small amount ground in patty)
1 3640 Banana [small amount ground in patty] (home grown)
1 Zucchini [small amount ground in patty]
1 Red Pepper [Sliced, roasted on grill for topping]
1 Onion (small amount grated for coleslaw)
1 Cup Red Kidney Beans (cooked, then small amount ground in patty)
1 White Habanero [ground and/or chopped into patty] (home grown, Hot pepper ingredient)

Sour Cream (1 TBLSPN. for coleslaw)
Mayonnaise (1 TBLSPN. for coleslaw)
Mustard (1 TBLSPN. for coleslaw)
Costco Spice Blend (light dusting for frying pan)
Ground Red Pepper (light dusting for frying pan)
Ground Black Pepper (light dusting for frying pan)
Garlic (light dusting for frying pan)

No-Egg Bun: (I initially had no idea how to make veggie stuff/hamburger buns, so I had to do some research. Credit goes to an internet-based hamburger bun recipe that I tweaked a bit for my purposes.)
---
Heat about 1 cup milk in bowl
Add 3 tablespoons butter. Allow to melt.
Mix about 1 ½ tablespoon yeast and 2 tablespoons sugar in bowl.
Add butter/milk, and then let mixture sit for about 6 minutes.
Add 1 ¼ cup flower to mixing bowl. Add ¼ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon honey
Gradually pour in small amount s yeast water until dough has reached desired consistency.
Pour some canola oil into a bowl, roll dough into a ball, and let sit for a few hours-covered by a wet cloth.
Preheat oven to about 350 degrees.
After time has elapsed, take dough out of bowl, knead for about five minutes.
Divide dough into separate portions and shape as desired. Then place onto cookie sheet with greased aluminum foil.
Punch dough down a bit if flatter style buns are desired.
Cook about 15 minutes until the buns brown a bit, but do not burn (cooking times vary a bit.)
Remove quickly from oven, set aside to cool.

Coleslaw (another credit item from an internet-based variety of recipes I experimented with for my own application.)

Add ¾ cup Green Cabbage and ¼ cup Red Cabbage to a mixing bowl.
Grate a small amount of onion and carrots into this mixture.
Add about a tablespoon of mayonnaise, mustard, and sour cream.
Add a tablespoon of sugar, and a few good shakes of salt.
Grind in some black pepper to sight correctness.
Mix all ingredients together well.

Potato Burger Patty (Again, credit to internet-based recipes/ideas that were used to form the basis for what my potato burger eventually became.)

*Wash, peel, and slice up into small chunks about 2 potatoes.
*Slice into chunks a small amount of zucchini, apple, bananas, and carrot.
*Slice into small pieces one white habanero.
*Cook and mash up some red kidney beans into a paste.
Grind patty ingredients* separately in a meat grinder, then combine in a mixing bowl.
Stir ingredients very thoroughly. Shape into patties on plate.
Add about two tablespoons worth of olive oil into skillet.
Add a sprinkling of garlic, spice blend, ground red pepper, salt, and black pepper.
Carefully place patties in skillet with about two tablespoons of olive oil to cook. A small cookie cutter and something flat used in a skillet can help the patty stay together a bit. May take some experimenting to get patty right. Grill not recommended.
Cover pan immediately, so that oil does not splash out everywhere.
Once patty has been browned on both sides (cooking time varies) place patty where desired.

Other instructions

Roast some red bell peppers with some olive oil on the grill closer to the time you are going to assemble the final burger. Add these in the last stages.
Assemble burger.

07peppers5.jpg

07peppers6.jpg

also keybrdkid09 - top-down ingredients shots don't really help - wtf is in that big white tub? and the spice jars next to the oil?

Looks interesting for sure with the apple & banana. I am likely going to stay away from fruit though I'm tempted to grill some more pineapple.

I hope to get mine in tonight - I've got 75 cases of sauce coming to the house I have to find a place for though, which could be time consuming.

Mighty fine entry!

I imagine tastes of "grilled" potato salad and some slaw and that's all good!

Nice patty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back