• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Chopped - Fight for Independence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished smoking my piggie(s). Took a little more than 50 minutes...took 6 hours. ;)

Damn fine looking, CJ...well done!

Firecracker Spring Rolls with Liberty Sauce
(Pork spring rolls with penut butter and bourbon sauce)

Prep:

Marinate diced PORK loin in BOURBON, soy sauce, olive oil, rooster chili paste, garlic salt and red pepper flakes (4 hours).
Dice 3/4 Granny Smith APPLE for saute.

Julienne carrots, red bell peppers, cucumber, green onion and 1/4 of Granny Smith APPLE

In a small bowl combine PENUT BUTTER, BOURBON, soy sacue, rooster chili sauce and chopped green onions.

Cook:

Saute apples with bourbon and penut butter untill semi-soft and remove from pan. Add pork with marinade to hot pan and cook untill marinade is gone and pork is crispy. Add sauted apples back into pan with pork and mix well.

Add pork and apple mixture by the spoonful to wet rice paper. Now add julienned apples, cucumber, carrots, red bell pepper and green onion.
Roll it, slice it and serve with spicy penut butter and bourbon sauce. Enjoy!

Roll it all up
2012-07-060012012-07-06040.jpg

Serve
2012-07-060012012-07-06060.jpg

My Gosh - sooooo many great looking entries!

This TD might require a solid look at the ingredients lists....folks are sneaking great flavs into every nook and cranny!!!

It's hard for me, with these ingredients...they just don't meld in my mind! But after making mine...I totally get it!
Now I can seriously read the other entries and totally drool over what they've done!!!! TOO MUCH FUUUUN! :D

Nice first entry there, DR!

But 'splain yo-sef - that's your 4th post, and you actually posted correctly. You been spying on us for a while? ;)

Will have to post up tomorrow...been making my own BBQ sauce for years...and this evening, I FAILED.

I still have enough homemade PB...I'm going to revert back to a classic naga-BBQ sauce of mine which uses eeeewheeeeskeees and sub apples for the peaches...then add the PB. Yes...that's what I'll do...

Post that shite up geeme. It's all good in da hood.

Just made a couple trial samples tonight, but will make more tomorrow. Interesting how a few changes to a recipe can make such a huge difference....

Let's make some baked beans...shall we?

Render bacon...

julytd5.jpg

...add half a yellow onion, an half a purple onion...some garlic

julytd6.jpg

...when they start to carmelize...then home grown tomatoes...

julytd7.jpg

Stew that down for a few minutes...then add the bourbon...

julytd8.jpg

...mix well...then time for some brown sugar, salt pepper, and molasses

julytd9.jpg

Then for the money...home made apple-honey bourbon peanutbutter...and Texas Creek Smoked Hab/Pear sauce

julytd10.jpg

Add some skinned red apples, and the beans...

julytd11.jpg

But where-oh-where shall I cook these...

julytd12.jpg

Nice... some Jack D action from OZ. Tennessee hhhhhhhhhwhiskey is a bourbon in my book. And I'm Scot-Irish... we invented this shizzle.

I FEEL SO SICK......... the food i made was definitely one of the most richest tasting meals i have ever eaten, but was delicious.

couple more prep pics

buttermilk pancakes

SDC11219.jpg

poached apples and bacon in Jack Daniels syrup

SDC11222.jpg

Choc Peanut Butter Icecream

SDC11223.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back