contest BEGIN! Combo de Mayo Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Busch light is an acceptable part of the soflo repertoire.
We're not TDing SloFlo... We're TDing Mexican Combo Plates!!! And Mexican Drinks!!! Viva Modelo!

Holy mole! Mexican TD this weekend...I have about 3 minutes of JT under my belt atm. Where the hell am I gonna find Mex ingredients in Melbourne on Saturday?

Where d'ya go shopping Booma? Hope it wasn't all interwebz orders :(

Holy mole! Mexican TD this weekend...I have about 3 minutes of JT under my belt atm. Where the hell am I gonna find Mex ingredients in Melbourne on Saturday

Where d'ya go shopping Booma? Hope it wasn't all interwebz orders :(

Internet and still running around right now

I haven't made my "drink" yet.

I'm just drinking before I do that...

Y'all are crazy. Love the shit talk! :)
Keep it comin!

You haven't added the lime wedge yet? :lol:

Fiddy Goes to Veracruz!

Well, I'm glad I did this!
I dipped my pinkie toe into the cuisine of Veracruz, Mexico.
In no way can I celebrate the cornucopia of wonderful eats from this place I knew so little about!

Due to it's geographical positioning, Veracruz includes a mosaic of different tastes, ranging from traditional Mexican, to Caribbean and African influences, not to mention Spanish and European flavors as well. I was only able to highlight a few.

I made a traditional dish called "Pollo Encacahuatado" (chicken in peanut sauce).
My "other" dish is a play on "Picaditas Veracruzanas", which are basically fried corn tortillas with toppings.

The cuisine of Veracruz is known for featuring tropical fruits and vanilla (among SO MANY other things).
The tropical fruits for this dish are Lime, Mango, and Avocado.

Pollo Encacahatado recipe I based mine off of...
http://mexicanfood.a...cacahuatado.htm
The peanuts are used frequently, due to an African influence.
It was similar to a mole' (minus the chocolate), so I served it with grilled tortillas.

The Picaditas are fried corn tortillas with:
1 Fresh Avocado, 1/2 lime (juiced), 1 T fresh Mango, 1 T diced onion, 1 t diced fresh jalapeno, pinch salt

Topped with fresh mango salsa:
1/2 fresh mango (off my own tree) diced, 1 juiced lime, 2 T diced fresh jalapeno, 2 T diced onion, pinch salt

Veracuz is also known for vanilla production. So my drink featured vanilla.
I used homemade vanilla spirits, in a shooter with sliced lime and diced mango.
Tequila aint got nothin on that!

This was a good one!

FD

Rightio, ingredients and POL

DSCF1142.JPG

DSCF1143.JPG

Drink teaser.

Made the base for my drink tonight. Needs to sit overnight to let the flavors meld. Everything but the spike...

Booma, new camera? Pics look awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back