• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Grillin' & Chillin' Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bacon infused bourbon...thats right Bacon!

Bacon
20140802_174008.jpg

Triple filtered bacon fat
20140802_174310.jpg

added to bourbon to get happy
20140802_175459.jpg

Looks so good doesnt it...haha...stay with me folks more to come

Sorry to hear that AJ. I know that pain well. Incapacitating. Rest up and feel better soon! I'm out of this one too.

Dang. Dropping like flies in here. AJ hope the doc can straighten you out tommorrow till then take it easy friend. Hope all is well for SL & Scovie today too.

hot stuff said:
Hmm. I may have to do some rabbit for dinner tomorrow just to enter something.  It's been a while.
Let's start with this:
Watch Out, Hot Stuff, JayT's gonna get himself promoted to Moderator just so he can Ban You!!!!!  :lol:

AJ, hope you get to feeling better.
Scovie, let's rally, Amigo!  I'm a gonna kick it in here really soon.   Need another cup-o-joe, then getting the protein going~

I'm with you in spirit. I'll be hardwood fire grilling some thin sliced chops today. Best of luck in the TD, all. Can't wait to see the magic that gets pastied in here.

FD4 - Calypso Grill and 'Peno Colada

I love Caribbean sauces!!! One of my favorites is called Calypso Sauce, which lists Papaya, Scotch Bonnet, and Lime as primary ingredients. It's delicious! 

Here's how to make an awesome meal!!
Lobster Tail- Preferably Florida Spiny, but any type will do. Cut into chunks.
Shrimp - Preferably from the Gulf of Mexico
Bacon - Preferably on sale. That shit's getting expensive!!!
Jalapeno - Green
Pineapple - Fresh. Chunked.
Basic Chimichurri - Chopped parsley, garlic, pickled red hot pepper, lime juice, olive oil

Marinate the shrimp, lobster, and pineapple in calypso sauce for a little bit. 
Stuff Jalapenos with pineapple
Wrap everything in bacon, secure with toothpick. Grill direct over charcoal. Baste with Chimi.
Serve with extra Chimi and Calypso for dipping. 

'Peno Colada
1/2 of a fresh jalapeno
1/4 C fresh Pineapple
1/4 C Pineapple Juice
1/4 C Coconut Milk
1/2 C Coconut Cream
1/2 C Dark Rum
Juice from 1/2 of a lime
Ice in blender.....Blend away. 

If you can, serve it in fresh fruit, like the hollowed out pineapple or a coconut from your tree. 

This was good!!

14833267703_ecd141a2da_b.jpg

14813447545_376eb29dcf_b.jpg

14813083582_25f8123a4d_b.jpg

FD

JoynersHotPeppers said:
^^^See you a using SUMone for some nice pictures ;) Looks great!

I take that as the highest of compliments....but nope. The shots are mine, using my own stuff. 

(Though there may have been a lesson or two from SUMone - I'm a hack. He's a pro!)

I have cleaned the kitchen and organized the fridge. I have cleared the patio, and the grill, of the branches. I have found and washed the cocktails glasses, replenished the ice cubes, and cleared tomorrow's schedule.

I am doing my damnedest to get Scovie back in this ring! There's a lonely looking bottle of infused 'quila in the fridge taunting me....that's just not right.

FD - gorgeous! And I want Pineapple Poppers! NOW!  :D

Asian Wings on Deck-

I have a really good sweet plum Asian Sauce for these wings, but since they will be grilled, I decided to do a marinate with the same basic ingredients but not the sugar ingredients first, then use the Plum Glaze to finish-
IMG_3347.JPG

IMG_3348.JPG

1 cup Tamari (soy sauce)
1 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1T minced ginger
2T minced red onion
1T minced garlic
few grains Jonah 7 Pot chile
Simmer just to cook the onion a bit, the cool, add chicken wings-
IMG_3349.JPG

OOPS!  Forgot the chicken tenders for Honey-
IMG_3350.JPG

Stick it in the refer for an hour or so while making the Asian Sauce and Asian Salad Dressing

The Plum Sauce-
Plum jelly, tamari, rice vinegar, brown sugar, minced ginger, onion and garlic, Sesame oil and sesame seeds, Hot chile (You can use fresh minced chiles or dried, whatever you have available.  I'm using more of the Jonah 7 Pot powder)

Simmer it up until the garlic and onion are cooked and it's reduced a bit.  You want it kinda thick like a sticky glaze.
IMG_3351.JPG

Is it 5:00 yet????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back