• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Grillin' & Chillin' Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go, Brick Chicken...

View attachment 13239

View attachment 13238

View attachment 13237

View attachment 13236

Typically (I have been doing this for years), At the first turn after 20-25 minutes, the legs and thighs are still intact enough to flip. When it's done (165º internal temp), after the second 20-25 minutes they fall off. but soooo juicy. and the sauce was a risk. Chipotle/adobo, Lemon juice and Espresso??? Wow tho... it was fantastic. and talk about simple... You should try it. It would be fantastic on fish... seriously.

salsalady said:
husker, is that "cider SCAPE vinegar" ?    Sounds good!

Indeed it is.  From one of my farmer's market friends who runs an apple orchard.  This is my new default vinegar for vinaigrette and such.

hogleg said:
Did you make peno slice ice cubes Scovie? or is that just my magination

Yes sir. Thin sliced Jalapeno wheels in the ice cubes.

You're fine. hahahahahaha

1 star THP??? No comprendo señor.

Scovie, your final pic in the 2nd post is a better plating pic than the ones in your Official thread.  ;)

The whole thing looks really good, but that Corn is calling my name!!!!

Key, Husker, Musky all getting it done and really looking good!  Fiddy's lobster and schrimps knocked it out.   (I probably missed others . Sorry....)

Geeme getting in on this?

[SIZE=14pt]Bacon Bourbon BBQ’in[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Common ing.-BACON![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Bacon Bourbon Cocktail-[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]2 oz Bacon infused Bourbon[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]¼ oz maple syrup[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Couple dashes of bitters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Enough water as you think you need[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Orange wedge[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Bacon[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Cook enough bacon and save bacon fat, once cooled, filter through coffee filter a few times, add one oz per bottle 750ml  bourbon of your choice (I cut recipe in half for TD). Stir filtered bacon fat into bourbon and let sit for couple hours before throwing into the freezer. Once bacon fat has solidified pull from top and pitch.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Stir 2 oz bacon infused bourbon with maple syrup and bitters throw over ice and garnish with bacon and orange.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]BBQ Sauce-[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]This one’s kinda tough to put to paper cause I just went by taste, but here is my attempt.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]2/3 C Bacon Bourbon[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]2 C Ketchup[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]2 T Worcestershire Sauce[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]½ C Dijon Mustard[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]1.5 T Molasses[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]1 lidfull of Liquid Smoke[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]½ C Honey[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]1.5 T Tabasco[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]1/2 C Brown Sugar[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]¼ C Water[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]½ C Tomato Juice[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Throw all ing. Into pan and simmer for 30-45 min to desired consistency.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Cornish Hens—[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Use your favorite rub before placing on grill. Put over coals and close vents to half (no idea what temp). Cook until brown on one side, flip brown other side, brush with Bacon BBQ and open vents to all the way, continue grilling. Total cooking time about 25 min or so.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Taters-[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Cook by desired method then load with butter, sour cream, cheese and bacon[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Enjoy! Good Job to All!!![/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]
1.jpg
[/SIZE]
2.jpg

3.jpg

Time to eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back