beer Begin! : June TD - Kolsch

Mine come today and tomorrow, and I'll be brewing across those two days as well, presumably ...

I still have to tweak that recipe, maybe late tonight ...

Ozzy2001 said:
I just picked up most of my stuff. Still need to grab the yeast too. I'm doing the Kolsch and a Simcoe/Galaxy IPA this weekend.

I'm going to post a ? to you in the main BD thread re: the Tripel ... which I think I'll brew this weekend, since Wheebz gushed ...

ozzy you got a water report at all?

Ward Labs can hook you up with one, or if you want a free one call your local water company as they are required by law to have them on hand

wheebz said:

Ward Labs can hook you up with one, or if you want a free one call your local water company as they are required by law to have them on hand

That's so funny, I just asked him the same thing ... re: water ... lulz ...

wheebz said:

It's fairly hard. I'll see what's on the website.

Nice.I figure that's going to be my 3rd year focus ...

Year One: Brewing Technique
Year Two: Recipe Formulation and Packaging
Year Three: Yeast Pitching and Ranching

wheebz said:
https://producers.wardlab.com/brewerskitorder.php

42 bucks

and no, it gives me like 2 things 

Wheebz after tasting all, I mean most, of our beers did you notice many off flavors that you would attribute to the water?

My water company puts out what I think is a pretty detailed water report....but I have no idea what I am looking for.  In your opinion should everyone get a water report if they are going to continue brewing?

only reason to get a water report is if you are trying to alter your water for every beer you brew, or even care about doing stuff like that

there are many many more important things you can do to better your brewing before your water report

wheebz said:
only reason to get a water report is if you are trying to alter your water for every beer you brew, or even care about doing stuff like that

there are many many more important things you can do to better your brewing before your water report
Thanks. I am very far from that.

Water kit ordered. I'll send the results as soon as I get them.

I'm definitely interested in water chemistry. I'd like to adjust my water to suit the different styles. From what I've read about it so far, I think my water is better suited for the dark stuff.

Back