contest BEGIN! New Year New Food Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started first thing this morning... roasted and peeled 5 yellow wax peppers,  browned a 2 pound pork roast with 2 tbsp olive oil in a dutch oven, and caramelized a large white onion cut into 1/4 inch slices in the dutch oven to pick up the brown crusties clinging to the inside of the pot.
SANY0107_zpse5abd715.jpg

SANY0106_zps334e781a.jpg

cut a ripe plantain into 1/2 inch pieces, stirred 2 tbsp brown sugar into 3/4 cup of water. Lined the dutch oven with banana leaves, put in the pork, rajas, caramelized onions and plantain, and poured the brown sugar and water over all, tucked in the ends of the leaves, covered the dutch oven with foil as tightly as possible and put into a preheated 325 degree oven until fork tender... 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
SANY0110_zpse6783522.jpg

While the pork is in the oven, I'm also roasting a pumpkin for the puree to make spicy corn and pumpkin soup. Next up will be homemade masa tortillas and garlic-y greens...

After geeme de-maned me i decided to rummage the fridge. Im not going to win no awards with this but its what was on hand and something ive never made before.Fun getting back into the TD thang.

Disco Jesus's Coconut Shrimp

1# Tail on large shrimp, Gluten free Bisquick flour, Cayenne Powder, 2 eggs beaten, sweetened shredded coconut, and crushed Chex (panko consistency).
Mix flour and cayenne.  Mix the coconut and Chex.  Toss the shrimp in flour, dip in egg, and coat in coconut chex.  Fry.  Serve with Thai orange marmalade (1 part sweet Thai chili sauce, 2 parts orange marmalade, fresh finely diced Thai peppers, and cilantro)

Good start everyone!

Nice finish sic... coco shrimp! (bigger pics?)

The Hot Pepper said:
Good start everyone!

Nice finish sic... coco shrimp! (bigger pics?)
Ya,I have no idea whats the deal with the pics? I was kinda dissapointed with them also. Maybe its photobuckets New Year New thing.

Just pick the biggest size to share in PB.
Or use your extreme account to upload here...
you_big_dummy.png

sicman said:
  Disco Jesus's Coconut Shrimp

Nice hair you got goin' there, sic! You know, no one can poo-poo "simple" things. I love coconut shrimp with marmalade but have never made them myself. You never get them out with heat added, but every time I get them (which isn't often) I think "this needs some heat." Cool entry!

The Hot Pepper said:
Posty that dipping sauce too...
Entry updated with pic. I still cant figure out what the deal with the pics are? Ad Ill be honest I have no idea how to upload straight to the site. Have you seen what im working with in these parts?
Sharp_MZ80K_System_1.jpg

Yeah that's the money shot!!!

Okay well click Full Editor and at the bottom are attachments. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back