• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! New Year New Food Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
texas blues said:

That question wasn't meant for you Chris.

You could probably do that with a spoon as several others on this site could.

DTS, PIC 1, Booma, hell...all those stinkin' Aussie's, SoFlo,...
I like where you are headed....I need to come out your way and shoot some pigs! 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I like where you are headed....I need to come out your way and shoot some pigs! 

They're ever where here.

Open season on 'em all year long and shoot as many as you want.

Mean as hell too so bring the heavy stuff.

300 Win mag or Weatherby minimum.

I'm not sure my pedestrian Victorinox knifes can do anything themselves, but I am sure that they *will* after putting the steak in the freezer for 20 mins, or letting it spend the night on the top of my stack of Benton's in my fridge =)

Sometimes I even sharpen them - because God knows Danielle has no concept of preserving a blade edge, OMFGWTF ... the physics are not strong in that one, I'm afraid ...

SumOfMyBits said:
I was given a Tojiro nakiri as a gift this year. That thing is hair-splitting sharp. If I put a piece of meat out like that next to that knife and walked away, it would probably be sliced like that upon my return.

Like I've always said.

SoFlo knows some sheeit!

SumOfMyBits said:
I was given a Tojiro nakiri as a gift this year. That thing is hair-splitting sharp. If I put a piece of meat out like that next to that knife and walked away, it would probably be sliced like that upon my return.

DRINK!

A fine blade is a precious thing to behold, but even more precious to hold!

On the other hand….. Another first for me is using the dough blade in my food processor. (I've only had a food processor a short time, and haven't used it for much yet.) I looked at the recipe, looked at the bowl of my food processor, looked back at the recipe and then back at the processor, and thought "this could be interesting." Yeah, I prolly ought to get a larger bowl if I'm going to do dough in it again. Or get a heavy-duty strap to tie the thing to the counter so it doesn't do "that dance" again. Whoa Nellie!

texas blues said:

They're ever where here.

Open season on 'em all year long and shoot as many as you want.

Mean as hell too so bring the heavy stuff.

300 Win mag or Weatherby minimum.
You have land to hunt? I'd love to come hunt with blackpowder :) 

geeme said:
A fine blade is a precious thing to behold, but even more precious to hold!

On the other hand….. Another first for me is using the dough blade in my food processor. (I've only had a food processor a short time, and haven't used it for much yet.) I looked at the recipe, looked at the bowl of my food processor, looked back at the recipe and then back at the processor, and thought "this could be interesting." Yeah, I prolly ought to get a larger bowl if I'm going to do dough in it again. Or get a heavy-duty strap to tie the thing to the counter so it doesn't do "that dance" again. Whoa Nellie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gciFoEbOA8

A little history lesson….

It's a commonly-held misconception in the U.S. of A that Thomas Edison invented the first electric lightbulb. He did not. What he did invent first was the means by which electricity could be easily distributed to places far from the point of origin. 

Here's another, more modern, invention that no kitchen should be without:
P1010884.JPG

No, it's not a cleaning brush for a firearm, it's a cleaning brush for straws - like the ones that come in some sports water bottles. Not only is it handy for cleaning straws, but it's also handy for cleaning all those little areas of your food processor that dough gets into if you overload it with dough. That shake-rattle-and-roll across the counter sure makes a mess!

So yeah, dough, now covered and resting in the fridge: 
P1010883.JPG

Photobukakke the stupid.

I keep getting kicked off when trying to upload.

No matter.

I ain't out to win any 'thang just have fun.

Hopefully I can post more later in the Cooking Forum.

geeme said:
Here's another, more modern, invention that no kitchen should be without:
P1010884.JPG

No, it's not a cleaning brush for a firearm, it's a cleaning brush for straws - like the ones that come in some sports water bottles. Not only is it handy for cleaning straws, but it's also handy for cleaning all those little areas of your food processor that dough gets into if you overload it with dough. That shake-rattle-and-roll across the counter sure makes a mess!

DRINK!

texas blues said:
Photobukakke the stupid.

I keep getting kicked off when trying to upload.

No matter.

I ain't out to win any 'thang just have fun.

Hopefully I can post more later in the Cooking Forum.

Move to Flickr. They do better with color. I like Flickr, and they made it slightly easier to figure out how to post pictures (but I still do it the old way). Botophucket is a pain in the arse.

SumOfMyBits said:

Move to Flickr. They do better with color. I like Flickr, and they made it slightly easier to figure out how to post pictures (but I still do it the old way). Botophucket is a pain in the arse.

Much obliged for that info Sum.

But I'm too trashed to be settin' up a new account.

I'm going to jump in the hot tub now and contemplate my situation.

Plah!

Photobucket lol... y'all still on MySpace too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back