contest BEGIN! November Throwdown - Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
These entries look amazing!!!!
I'll throw my hat in the ring too, why the hell not?!?!?!

I'm making Green Rockets.
Kinda like chile rellenos.
Kinda like poppers.
The best parts of both. Just you wait.
And the canned ranchero sauce is AWESOME!!!!!, don't hate. Try it if you can find it!

POL
IMGP2832.jpg

Grilled Cheese Sandwich

According to Google, a cheese sandwich is a basic sandwich made generally with one or more varieties of cheese on any sort of bread. In addition to the cheese, it may also include meats, vegetables and/or condiments. Cheese sandwiches can be uncooked, or heated so that the bread toasts and the cheese melts (a dish referred to as a grilled cheese sandwich, toasted cheese, cheese toastie or simply grilled cheese).

To make grilled cheese sandwich, you first need to butter one side of your choice of two slices of bread. Then slice some of your favorite cheese.
NovTD3.jpg

place slices on bread in skillet. Add some of your favorite hot stuff.
NovTD4.jpg

Cook until cheese is melted.
NovTD5.jpg

Slice, and add a side of your favorite fruits (or whatever you happen to have handy.) Put some ice in a glass. Add some lemonade. Enjoy!
NovTD6.jpg

One official entry, rule 5 :D

One official entry, rule 5 :D
I l love this game! It says you must post one but does not say you may post "only" one. Seems more like a "You Better" post one or else message. :evil:

"5.[background=rgb(233, 216, 193)] You must post [/background]one[background=rgb(233, 216, 193)] entry before the stated deadline."[/background]

I l love this game! It says you must post one but does not say you may post "only" one. Seems more like a "You Better" post one or else message. :evil:

"5.[background=rgb(233, 216, 193)] You must post [/background]one[background=rgb(233, 216, 193)] entry before the stated deadline."[/background]

Yes. It means you better post one, not two! Now post one now or else! :lol:

I'll assume #1 is the official one, that's the better one ;)

Grilled Cheese Sandwich

According to Google, a cheese sandwich is a basic sandwich made generally with one or more varieties of cheese on any sort of bread. In addition to the cheese, it may also include meats, vegetables and/or condiments. Cheese sandwiches can be uncooked, or heated so that the bread toasts and the cheese melts (a dish referred to as a grilled cheese sandwich, toasted cheese, cheese toastie or simply grilled cheese).

To make grilled cheese sandwich, you first need to butter one side of your choice of two slices of bread. Then slice some of your favorite cheese.

LOL, you mean like this?...

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/32458-sandwich-of-the-month/page__st__1240#entry727469

It's been a crummy week for Fiddy.
Gramps passed away on Monday, 92 years old. Born in 1920, lived most of his life in Miami, moved to texas about 15 years ago with the rest of my family. Practically helped raise me with my parents until I went to college. He was kicking ass up until about a year ago, he gave it a good run. Good times and happy memories!

But the show must go on! I threw this mother DOWN!!!! with some green bullets. They aren't quite poppers, and they're too small to be chile rellenos.
My secret is to use Alton Brown's corn dog batter on my peppers! (look it up, it's great!).
Got some HUGE jalapenos, roasted them, peeled them, stuffed them with monterey jack, threw them in the freezer.
Coated in batter, deep fried, topped with the Ranchero salsa (so damn good, get some!!!!...the salsa verde is good too!), topped with MORE cheese!!!!

Served with beer and crappy scotch (Cutty Sark, not impressed....)
Buena!

Out of the hot oil
IMGP2833.jpg

A little broil action on the cheese...
IMGP2834.jpg

FD4 I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

That entry would sure make him proud.

Fiddy's Green Bullets

These were delicious!!!!!!
Gooey, cheesy, crispy, spicy....they had it all.

Roasted the jalapeños, peeled and stuffed with Monterrey jack.
Dipped in good eats corn dog batter, deep fried.
Topped with ranchero salsa and more cheese, broiled till bubbly.
So dang good!

Enjoy!

IMGP2835.jpg

Money!!!
IMGP2836.jpg

I'd say you are correct. :drooling:. I guess I need to present my jokes less officially...

No pol on no. 2 also..lol.

And nice find Scoville Deville. That looks tasty!

Hey man, a grilled cheese may be simple, but it is no joke. That one lookie good.

Badger's Mutant Fatalii-Berry CHEESEcake

1.5 cups oreo crumbs
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup blackberries
1/2 cup huckleberries
1 tsp sugar
3 pkg cream cheese
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
4 eggs, separated
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
2 fatallis
3 aji lemons
4 venitian sweet habaneros

throw oreos and habs in food processor- vroom!
throw oreo mix in with the butter and powdered sugar - stir it up
pack in the bottom of springform pan

blackberries, fataliis, aji lemons, and sugar in food processor now - vroom!
strain and set aside

beat cream cheese till smooth, beat in milk and vanilla, then gently fold in egg yolks
split this mixture into 2, mix chocolate into 1 half.
beat yer egg whites till they're pretty
put half in the chocolate and half in the vanilla, fold in gently.
pour first chocolate then vanilla half onto crust.
make plops on the cheesecake with yer fatalii berry mixture, then make pretty swirls with a toothpick (funnest part)
make sure your pan is properly prepared for cheesecaking - double layer of tin foil on the bottom.....
bake in a larger pan with 1" of water at 325 till toothpick comes out clean ~1 hour
remove from oven, cool, then refridge till you can't stand it anymore and feel the need to consume.

DSC03117.jpg

DSC03113.jpg

Alright...here's a couple of teasers with POL. As you can see...it was poblano, jalapeno, and chile de arbol harvest time this weekend.

nov td1.JPG

I thought about the best way to showcase different cheeses...plus I had an idea how to use my "too-small-to-make-chile-rellenos" poblanos.

So I opted for the casserole...using pepper jack inside, mild cheddar on top, and garnished with queso blanco crumbles.

Here's the "stuff" going in.

nov td2.JPG

I'll be doing my damn'dest to get my entry in on time...but I'll give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back