• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Pie Throwdown

Best pie?

• 5oclocksomewhere - Jalapeno Missile Burger Pies

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • salsalady - Salsalady's Pecan Pie THP-style

• Pepper Ridge Farm - Mile High Pizza

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • frydad4 - Frydad's Cuban Pie-Ness

• paulky_2000 - Bacon-Spinach Quiche with a Kick

• paulky_2000 - Walkerswood Shrimp Quiche

• SumOfMyBits - Double Pie-ness Penetration

• Novacastrian - Hommus And Chilli Chicken Cheese Pie

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • mel - Beef Beer Popper Pie

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • mel - Chilli Chocolate Pie

• Deathtosnails - Mexicana Pie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PerkoXxX - Prawn and Chili Pie

• boutros - Bouty's Pie

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
thehotpepper.com said:
These are looking great! Um, of course they have to be spicy, this is... the hot pepper!

SL I hate to poo poo your first entry but it's not a baked pie as the rules state. :(

I know, but we talked about that in the pre-posts and it seemed to be that anything in a crust was a pie.

I still have a couple crusts and filling, but it won't happen until tomorrow~

Sorry, gotta follow the official rules to be eligible for votes. Looking forward to your second.

i'm loving all these entries!!

Hey Boss - what if only the crust of the pie is baked before adding ingredients... will that count?

Double Pie-ness Penetration

Alright all you pie freaks, here's a pie designed for those of you who just love the pie-ness too much.

First threw the stew meat, three chopped carrots, a handful of chopped white mushrooms, salt and pepper into the pressure cooker for a half hour to get all loose and gooey. Then smashed up some white potatoes with some minced garlic, chopped green onion, and a chopped habanero. A little salt and pepper and folded that all together. FD4's lady hooked me up with some homemade pie dough.

Made a small pie with the pressure cooker contents and cooked that till it was crispy. Dumped the pie into the larger CI pie.
IMG_2364.jpg

Filled up the rest of the area with the green onion, garlic, and hab smashed taters. Topped with a woven pie crust that I created on my pie crust loom and basted with a bit of egg wash. Here's the whole pie just out of the oven.
IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

dim-Sum nice pie!

mel said:
i'm loving all these entries!!

Hey Boss - what if only the crust of the pie is baked before adding ingredients... will that count?

Sounds like so.

yaaay!! i was worried my chilli chocolate pie was going to have to go into the drunken chef thread :P

SomeBits double dipping! only one thing missing.............where's the gravy?!???? GoodnessGracious, that is one rocking-lookin pie!

Hommus And Chilli Chicken Cheese Pie

2 Chicken breasts diced
Half an onion
1 Tomato
1 Clove garlic
1 Yellow 7
1 Bonda Ma Jacque
1 Tub of Hummus
60 Grams sweet chilli cheese
Pizza bases as crust (store bought)
Parsley

The chicken, onion and garlic were cooked in a pan first. Then the Hummus was added and the cheese.
Whack it into the pie tray and into the oven for 12 minutes at 200 celcius,

Pie021.jpg

Pie025.jpg

Pie028.jpg

It's bloody hot!

You folks got some tasty pies goin here. I like that Aussie on Aussie smack talkin' and expect alot more before it is over. :lol:

Around 3 AM here, wanna get my teaser pic done now and gonna make my pie later for breakfast. Only thing not in is some water, substituted in the pic by me drank.

IMG_5728.jpg

meat n stuff

Ok folks.. heres round 1..

Beef Beer Popper Pie

Ingredients:
Beef, Beer,yellow 7-pod Chilli, Bacon, Capsicum, CELERY, French Shallots, Carrots, Tomatoes, Garlic, Dried Cumin, Dried Coriander, Fresh Thyme, Beef Stock, Jalepeno's, Brie Cheese, ham.. Flour, Butter, Eggs

Ingredients/Teaser Pic:
IMG_2621.jpg

proof of popper!
IMG_2626.jpg

PIE!!!!!

IMG_2640.jpg

Cut Shot
IMG_2641.jpg

and here's round2.. chilli chocolate pie...
ingredients: chocolate, chilli, eggs, sugar, cream, biscuits, butter, milk

ingredients:
IMG_2622.jpg

pie:
IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

Plate:
IMG_2672.jpg

frydad4 said:
Here's the teaser....

As an anglo in a Cuban community, I had to throw a homage to the community that has fed me so well over the years. I give you

FRYDADS CUBAN PIE-NESS

Just a teaser...
IMG_2367.jpg

Im out.. thats exactley what I was gonna make .................. :(

Go forth and kickass with the cuban goodness FD4!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back