• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Pizza Party Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pizza Margherita

"Classic/Rustic"

This is one of my favorites to eat........I'll keep eating them...if you keep throwing'em at me......they're so light and airy. The heat in this pie comes from the Olive Oil infused with dried backyard Calabrian Peppers.

Dough

250 g of Cuputo "00" Flour
156 g of cool mineral Water
12 g of Salt
1 g of Italian Starter

Mix Water, Starter and Salt together...add Flour and mix in a blender with a dough hook..just until incorporated. Let rest covered for 20 minutes. Stretch and fold dough until elastic...return to container....repeat this process 2 more time every 20 minutes. Place dough in 60 F area for 24 hrs. Roll dough into ball and let rest covered for another 12 hrs.

Toppings

1 ball of Fresh Bufalo Mozzarella
1 can of San Marzano Tomatoes
Drizzle of Calabrian Chil Oil
Basil..for garnish

Procedure

Press dough ball out gently using minimal bench flour. Stretch or slap the disc into a 12" rustic circle. Toss on minimal amounts of squised Tomatoes and Fresh Motz...drizzle on Oil. I baked in a pre-heated Big Green Egg......on a shitty day..in the rain.........at 750 F +.......for around 2 minutes........ :lol:

Bon Appetit...

Chicago Stuffed Special

"Deep Dish"

Here's the stuffed version of the Deep Dish........topped with spicy Calabrian Peppers.

Dough

6 c of AP Flour
2.5 c of Water
1/4 c Olive Oil
2 tsp of Salt
2 tsp ADY Yeast
1 tbl Sugar

Sprinkle Yeast over 105F Water, add Sugar , Oil and Salt.....let rest for 10 minutes. Add Flour to wet ingredients....knead with dough hook in blender for 10 minutes. Let rest for 20 minutes, knead by hand for 5 additional minutes. Let double in size in  container...punch down and let slow rize overnight in fridge. Bring to room temp 3 hrs prior to cutting and rolling.

Toppings

2 lbs of Italian Sausage
1/4 lb of Pepperoni
48 oz can of plum Tomatoes...drained and milled coarsely 
1 Onion
1 Green Pepper
1/2 lb of Mushrooms
1/2/ lb of Provolone...sliced
1 lb low moisture Mozzarella Cheese.....grated
Salt, Anise Powder, dried Basil and Oregano
1 oz of each Parm and Pecorino Cheeses

Procedure

Divide the dough ball (33 oz) into 1/3 and 2/3 size pieces. Roll larger size portion into a 15" circle. Grease 13" deep dish pan with Margarine. Tuck dough disc in pan and press up the sides and over the top. Overlap sliced Provolone Cheese on bottom over dough followed by Sausage, Pepperoni, Green Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms and Mozzarella Cheese that was docked up with Basil and Oregano (1 tsp of each)

Slightly tamp down cheese, roll 2nd dough  ball into a windowpane thick disc. Cover the cheese with disc crimping edges with the 1st dough. Poke a few vent holes in top with knife. Ladle crushed milled Tomatoes over the top dough...adding a pinch of Anise Powder, Salt, Parm and Pecorino Cheeses .

Bake in a pre-heated 400F degree oven on lower middle rack for 30 minutes....move pie to upper middle rack for an additional 15 minutes. Remove entire pie from pan and cut with pizza blade

That's how'ya do it...

Edited by PIC 1, Today, 02:24 PM.

He's working hard either at the camera, or pretty damn hard at the camera and then picking up the difference in post ...

I can't even find the catch's in a number of them, and I'm pretty good at reverse-engineering strobe positions normally ...

I wouldn't have been able to have slept at all since starting yesterday just to have produced the photos - if I even could have (I have done technical photography work through Zeiss scopes and I still do photogrammetry work professionally) ...

Today I think I see some shots with a metric shit-ton of sharpening if I'm not mistaken, which is the first time I've ever even noticed anything that looks like it was done in post, ever ...

(I'm thinking back to one w/ a green fruit and a zester microplace) ... but maybe I'm wrong, I could be imagining it! ...

The lighting is so good, I'm starting to think what I've thought was the windows all along is actually a softbox ...

Maybe I'm the only guy who doesn't know what PIC does or did, but I'm fairly blown away by the photography ... well ... always, really ...

Thanks for taking all the time, it shows ... VERY clearly, LOL ...
The Hot Pepper said:
Those are magazine-worthy pics!

So much thought in them.

From the steps of toppings in pic 2...

To the motion blur of picking up a slice in pic 3...

To the shallow depth of field in pic 4.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. They are full-grade. We're being treated, really ...

And it's more than photography there is art direction in there too. Two jobs that take a lot of talent. 

PIC 1 u da man.

Freckk! Then add the cooking skills. MAN-OH-MAN!

This guy is a triple threat!

(I still vote where my tastebuds go... but hot damn, kudos on all those pies.)

This closes at 10 PM EST!

And it will take me awhile for the poll, patience!!! :)

Woke up with a nasty cold that's got me wiped out, so I am running behind. Likely it will be close, or just another post for TLGP thread…. 

Geeme why don't write up your post and edit in the pics later... hope you make it!

PS I still mean by the deadline, just may be easier. :)

broom.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back