• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Pizza Pizza Pizza Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright ... let's keep it comfortable ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446927298.816112.jpg

#Lotion

Sweet & Heat Dessert Pizza 

Ingredients:
1- Pizza dough (recipe to follow)
1- Jar of TCTENTEN's  Peach pepper Jam
Nice chunk of local ricotta salata rubbed down with my own smoked rocoto powder
Local thick cut cooked bacon

Pizza dough Recipe:
For every pie you want to make .....add 

110 g Water
20g Fed Nat levain
175 g KABF

4 g Diastatic malt powder
4 g Salt
pinch IDY(1/16th of a TSP)
Knead 5-7 min 

Dough is at 64% Hydration....2 day cold rise in the fridge. It handles like a dream....doesnt pull back. The dough needs to come to RT before stretching. portion the dough into pats of ~308 grams before going in the icebox. I raise each dough in its own Glad container. Pull dough from icebox 2-3 hours before use depending on your house temp. 

Directions:
Turn out your dough, add Pepper jam, then toppings, slide er in the 550°F oven until it's done to your liking. 

Something really special happened to the Peach pepper jam when it was in the oven, it was like caramelized heaven when I pulled it out. One of my favorite pies I ever made.true 
20151107_132820.jpg

20151107_133755.jpg

20151107_133842.jpg

20151107_134247.jpg

No little blue pill needed for this pie 
20151107_134431.jpg

:cheers:

Ingredients for the dough and the smoked rocoto powder will be posted with my other entry 

Breakfast or Dinner pie?

Please list in all your entries please.

Looks good.

That pie could have gone 3 ways, I'd scarf it breakfast, dinner, or dessert. Nice with the savory dessert angle. 

The Hot Pepper said:
That pie could have gone 3 ways, I'd scarf it breakfast, dinner, or dessert. Nice with the savory dessert angle. 
After I read your post I had to think about it for a minute..lol   The jam is very sweet with the perfect amount of heat, and it got even sweeter in the oven but in a good way. The ricotta salata has a wonderful "grassy" saltiness. I usually get it rubbed down with smoked hot paprika, that's what gave me the idea to get a plain slice this morning at the farmers market and rub it down with my own smoked rocoto powder. And I feel the need to add bacon to just about anything I can. 

it was a hot mess of sweet/salty/smokey/ bacon love

Yeah I was originally thinking bread, jam, bacon, cheese... breakfast but I see how it's a nice sweet/savory dessert as well.

Keep them coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back