• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Pizza Pizza Pizza Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supper !!
With all this crust making had to grind 2lb of buckwheat lol.

Crust Buckwheat Tapioca flour 75/25 2pts flour 1pt water, yeast and honey to ferment, Added 1tbs Caraway for taste. Oregano, 1 Tbs
Topping Baked Beans from yesterday (Great White North Bean, Molasses, Chipotle, Smoked Paprika, Turkey seasoning mix I made in other thread and Sweet Red Peppers) Beans were pressure cooked for 30min then bottled till needed.
Pizza Pan fried, Brie layed on top after done, with Tinker bell peppers and curly Basil and a sprinkle of Chipotle.

Man I'm hungry, timer to eat :D

PB075443_2lbBuckWflour-1000_zpsknpprunf.jpg

PB075444_PizzaDoughYeast-1000_zpszq6hf535.jpg

PB075447_BakedBeansPizza-1000_zpsmfdups00.jpg

PB075449_BakedBeansPizza-1000_zpsaeylt1ds.jpg

PB075451_BakedBeansPizza-1000_zpscbytpmzf.jpg

First step is done:
P1020044.JPG

P1020047.JPG

I guess I am a powerful kitchen wizard. Yep, walked into the kitchen maybe 10 minutes after posting the above pics to find one of the loaves must have sprouted legs and walked off.... :lol:

Here's the beginning of part deux, with a colorful display of hot pow
P1020048.JPG

P1020049.JPG

Shorerider's Dinner Pizza - "Death by Topping".

Dough
20151108_172021.jpg

Ingredients

-250g 00 flour
-155ml warm water
-1 x 7g sachet of dry yeast
-1 tsp olive oil
-1/2 tsp salt
(Makes enough for 1x the base shown below)

Dilute yeast in warm water.
Add flour and salt in a bowl and combine thoroughly. 
Add all other ingredients and form the dough. Kneed the dough for 5 minutes then rest for 5 minutes, repeating this 3 times.
Then coat the inside of a bowl with olive oil, and place the dough inside.
Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight. 

To form the base, lightly flour a clean, flat surface. Using either your hands or rolling pin, flatten the dough into your preferred shape, and about 1cm thick.

Pizza sauce
20151108_184009_edit_1446980461046.jpg

Ingredients

-4 brown onions (diced)
-8 tomatoes (diced)
-1 tbsp olive oil
-5 cloves garlic (crushed or finely chopped)
-2 tbsp Paprika
-1 tbsp dry basil
-1 tbsp dry oregano
-1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
-1 & 1/2 tbsp sugar
-1 tbsp smoked Bishop's hat powder
(Makes enough for 6 pizza's)

Add olive oil to a hot saucepan, then add onions and garlic and fry until browned. 
Then add all other ingredients and bring to the boil. Once boiled, turn off the heat and allow to cool for blending. Once cool/warm, blend with a stick blender (or similar) until the sauce is nice and smooth.

Toppings

20151108_170535-1.jpg

-Shredded pizza ham
-Smoked Macedonian Csabai
-Hungarian Gyulai Salami
-Bacon
-Mushrooms
-Yellow bell pepper
-Green bell pepper
-Red bell pepper
-Rocoto chilli
-Kalamata olives
-Grated Provolone cheese
-Grated Mozzarella cheese
-Duck egg

(Place a portion of the Macedonian Csabai into the freezer the day before so it can be easily grated.)

The build

Place the pizza dough/base onto a pizza dish, and add a reasonably thin layer of sauce.

Combine 1/2 cup of the pizza ham and 1/2 cup of the grated Macedonian Csabai and mix together. Add a layer of the Ham/Csabai mix.

Then add sliced Gyulai Salami and more sliced Macedonian Csabai. 

Then add some Bacon and Mushrooms. 

Then add some Bell peppers and Rocoto chillies. 

Then add the Kalamata olives, and equal portions of Grated Mozzarella and Provolone cheese. Drizzle with a slightly beaten Duck egg.

Place into an oven preheated to 220deg C for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. 
20151108_195942.jpg

So good I ate it straight off the pan.
20151108_200428.jpg

SR.

1107152108-00_zpsojtlekmf.jpg

When I hit a breakfast buffet I always hit the cream cheese and smoked salmon.

What I have in mind for my BREAKFAST PIZZA entry is a take on begals and lox.

I'm gonna christen my new mixer with my favorite onion bread recipe. Atop this wonderful base will be placed generous amounts of cream cheese ( with ghost pepper puree added), garlic and cracked pepper smoked salmon, capers, shallots, roma tomatoes, and finished with fresh dill.

I may not be able to sleep from all the drool my anticipation will cause. My pillow will surely be soaked by morning.

Prosciutto with Arugula and Parmesan Pizza

This pizza was made using homemade dough that was both hand mixer stirred and hand-kneaded. I didn’t have the benefit of a stand mixer, but I decided to see what would happen if I tried to accomplish this a different way. I found out that the mixer could stir the dough, but only on the highest speed. It also made a bit of a mess, but I mostly dealt with that. I didn’t feel like cleaning up the mess twice so I elected to hand knead the dough in place of a second mixer stir. The end result of this experiment was a useable dough that worked for my purposes. Initially, the dough was supposed to be cold-fermented, but due to the fact that I didn’t start the dough earlier in the week, and my time constraints this weekend, an overnight refrigeration period had to do. The pizza turned out well in my opinion. It was  certainly tasty.

Ingredient List:

Bread Four
Salt
Active Dry Yeast
Sugar
Water
All Purpose Flour
Heirloom Tomato
Roma Tomato
Oregano
Canned whole-peeled tomatoes
Shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
Fresh basil leaves
Buffalo mozzarella
Fresh arugula leaves
Extra virgin olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Prosciutto Picante
Shaved Parmesan cheese
Sea Salt

To make Pizza Dough:

1.       Combine 4 cups Bread Flour and 2 1/4 teaspoons salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine so as to not kill the yeast with the salt. Add 2 teaspoons sugar and 1 teaspoon ADY. Whisk to combine.
2.       Add 1 1/2 cups water and use a mixer to knead on a sufficient speed to allow mixture to just form into a smooth dough.
3.       Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes.
4.       Turn dough out onto a AP-floured surface and hand knead for 10 minutes. Do this by pressing hands away from you on the dough and then folding dough over in roughly half. Repeat for the ten minute duration, adding flour a little at a time to prevent sticking.
5.       When the dough barely sticks to counter, transfer the dough to a mixing bowl. Cover bowl tightly with saran wrap and use scotch tape to hold saran wrap in place if needed.
6.       Refrigerate at least overnight, and up to 5 days.
7.       When dough has fermented overnight, transfer the dough out onto an AP-floured surface. Divide the dough into one larger piece and two smaller pieces. Dust lightly with All-purpose flour.
8.       Using your hands, tuck edges of dough under middle of dough towards the bottom to form a neat ball.
9.       Coat several containers with cooking spray, and add one dough ball to each container.
10.   Spray the top of each dough ball with cooking spray.
11.   Cover bowls tightly with saran wrap (and scotch tape if needed.)
12.   Allow dough balls to rise for two hours
13.   Turn dough out on an AP-floured surface. Flip dough to coat both sides with flour.
14.   Gently stretch dough from middle with your fingers.
15.   Gradually rotate the dough as you stretch it to thin out the dough a bit. Leave the edges slightly thicker than the middle. Try to remove as many thick spots as possible without tearing dough.
16.   Depending on the size of your dough ball, stretch to create a round pizza crust.
17.    Transfer pizza dough to cooking surface.
18.   Prick dough all over carefully with a fork.
19.   Top as desired.

To make Pizza sauce:

1.           Place 14 ounces of canned whole peeled tomatoes in a blender.
2.           Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and one teaspoon dried oregano. Blend to combine.

To make Pizza:

1.           Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2.           Spread the pizza sauce over the pizza dough evenly.
3.           Shred some fresh mozzarella and sprinkle over pizza sauce evenly around the pizza.
4.           Slice an heirloom tomato and Roma tomato relatively thinly. Place the heirloom tomato slices in the center of the pizza over the shredded mozzarella, and then create a ring of Roma tomatoes around the outside.
5.           Tear some fresh basil, and sprinkle leaves evenly around the pizza.
6.           Tear some Buffalo mozzarella and sprinkle evenly around the pizza over the basil and tomatoes.
7.           Season with sea salt.
8.           Cook the pizza at this point for ten minutes on a flat metal pizza plate with holes.
9.           Let the pizza continue to cook, checking for doneness for as many additional minutes as you feel necessary. I may have gone about fourteen minutes or so. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
10.         While the pizza is cooking, combine a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a bowl. Stir to combine.
11.         Wash a handful or so arugula leaves and toss in a bowl with the balsamic vinegar mixture. Taste a piece of the lettuce and add sea salt to the bowl to your taste.
12.         Open your package of prosciutto, and separate pieces-removing any paper or plastic between the pieces. Set aside until needed.
13.         After the pizza has cool for a few minutes, scatter some coated arugula leaves over the cooked pizza, and then lay/fold prosciutto pieces over the top to sufficiently cover pizza.
14.         Scatter shaved parmesan over the top of pizza to finish.
15.         Slice while still warm, and brulee crust if necessary.

Shorerider said:
Really? I'll ditch it then, thanks GM.
Yeah, it's 15% 7% resinated quartz stones ...

The skull and bones is regarding cutting dry, releases asbestos-like dust ... Cosentino, Caesar Stone, Cambria, Zodiaq, TechniStone etc ... all of the man-made quartz countertop material ...

They certify that we cut it on equipment where water is running at the point of cutting/grinding to keep the nasty stuff from the air ...

It won't matter if you had a little today cutting it, I know I've had plenty, but don't put food on it heated up, the resin is nasty ...

Even real granite is typically resin-filled and has a resin layer on the finished side ... but you can burn that off once and then are fine ...

;)

Savory French Toast Breakfast Pizza

Rosemary Focaccia

2-2/3 cups AP flour, plus more as needed
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (don't use dried)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon instant or bread machine yeast
1-1/3 cups plus 1/2 teaspoon ice water, plus more as needed
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more as needed
coarse salt, optional

First rise - Mix dry ingredients (except coarse salt) in a large bowl. Add chopped rosemary and stir. Vigorously stir in the water. The dough should be stiff at this point. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir in. Brush the dough with oil, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 to 10 hours. Now here's the hard part - remove from fridge and let rise at cool room temp for 12 to 18 hours. (a.k.a. - put it in your basement, if you have one.) If convenient, give the dough a vigorous stir part way through the rise.

Second rise - Brush pan(s) with olive oil then line pan with parchment. Brush the parchment with olive oil. Use a well-oiled spatula to turn the dough onto the pan(s), avoiding deflating the dough as much as possible. With oiled hands, lightly press the dough to edges of the pan. Tent the pan with plastic wrap. Now you have a difficult decision to make. You can let it stand at warm room temp 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours. But if you want more flavor, refrigerate 4-24 hours before setting out at warm room temp. Continue the rise until the dough has about doubled from the deflated size. Just before baking, use oiled fingertips to press indentations in dough. If using the coarse salt (I didn't), sprinkle it on now.

P1020044.JPG

Baking - 20 minutes before taking time, place rack in the lowest position in the oven. Preheat to 500F. Place the broiler pan on the oven floor. When fully heated, reduce the temp to 475F. Add a cup of ice water to the broiler pan, being careful of the steam and spattering. Bake the bread on the lowest rack for 20 to 30 minutes, rotating pan half way through if using a large sheet pan. Bake until the center reads 209F to 212F on an instant-read thermometer. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan to finish cooling.  

P1020047.JPG

Part Deux - Frenching the Crust

Beat 3 eggs with hot pepper powder, ginger and milk. Place parchment paper in the bottom of a baking pan, place a loaf in it, then pour the egg mixture all over. Use a fork to raise the loaf to ensure the egg mixture gets to the bottom. Use a pastry brush to ensure the top is fully coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to ensure crust fully soaks up egg mixture.

Preheat the oven to 350F. Bake the crust 10 minutes then remove from oven. Increase heat to 400F.

P1020051.JPG

Sauce

Pumpkin purée
Cashew milk
Ginger
Hot Pepper Pow

Toppings

Asparagus
Prosciutto cubetti
Pasilla de Oaxaca rings
Ricotta cheese
Fresh rosemary leaves

Top the pizza, then bake 15 more minutes.

P1020054.JPG

P1020056.JPG

Shorerider's Dinner Pizza - "Death by Topping".

Dough
20151108_172021.jpg

Ingredients

-250g 00 flour
-155ml warm water
-1 x 7g sachet of dry yeast
-1 tsp olive oil
-1/2 tsp salt

Dilute yeast in warm water.
Add flour and salt in a bowl and combine thoroughly. 
Add all other ingredients and form the dough. Kneed the dough for 5 minutes then rest for 5 minutes, repeating this 3 times.
Then coat the inside of a bowl with olive oil, and place the dough inside.
Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight. 

To form the base, lightly flour a clean, flat surface. Using either your hands or rolling pin, flatten the dough into your preferred shape, and about 1cm thick.

Pizza sauce
20151108_184009_edit_1446980461046.jpg

Ingredients

-4 brown onions (diced)
-8 tomatoes (diced)
-1 tbsp olive oil
-5 cloves garlic (crushed or finely chopped)
-2 tbsp Paprika
-1 tbsp dry basil
-1 tbsp dry oregano
-1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
-1 & 1/2 tbsp sugar
-1 tbsp smoked Bishop's hat powder

Add olive oil to a hot saucepan, then add onions and garlic and fry until browned. 
Then add all other ingredients and bring to the boil. Once boiled, turn off the heat and allow to cool for blending. Once cool/warm, blend with a stick blender (or similar) until the sauce is nice and smooth.

Toppings

20151108_170535-1.jpg

-Shredded pizza ham
-Smoked Macedonian Csabai
-Hungarian Gyulai Salami
-Bacon
-Mushrooms
-Yellow bell pepper
-Green bell pepper
-Red bell pepper
-Rocoto chilli
-Kalamata olives
-Grated Provolone cheese
-Grated Mozzarella cheese
-Duck egg

(Place a portion of the Macedonian Csabai into the freezer the day before so it can be easily grated.)

The build

Place the pizza dough/base onto a pizza dish, and add a reasonably thin layer of sauce.
20151108_190903.jpg

Combine 1/2 cup of the pizza ham and 1/2 cup of the grated Macedonian Csabai and mix together. Add a layer of the Ham/Csabai mix.
20151108_191145.jpg

Then add sliced Gyulai Salami and more sliced Macedonian Csabai. 
20151108_191346.jpg

Then add some Bacon and Mushrooms. 
20151108_191640.jpg

Then add some Bell peppers and Rocoto chillies. 
20151108_192244.jpg

Then add the Kalamata olives, and equal portions of Grated Mozzarella and Provolone cheese. Drizzle with a slightly beaten Duck egg.
20151108_193455.jpg

Place into an oven preheated to 220deg C for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. 
20151108_195942.jpg

So good I ate it straight off the pan.
20151108_200428.jpg

SR.

Nice loaded pie, and REALLY nice job on the high-key photos.
Savory French Toast Breakfast Pizza

Rosemary Focaccia

2-2/3 cups AP flour, plus more as needed
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (don't use dried)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon instant or bread machine yeast
1-1/3 cups plus 1/2 teaspoon ice water, plus more as needed
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more as needed
coarse salt, optional

First rise - Mix dry ingredients (except coarse salt) in a large bowl. Add chopped rosemary and stir. Vigorously stir in the water. The dough should be stiff at this point. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir in. Brush the dough with oil, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 to 10 hours. Now here's the hard part - remove from fridge and let rise at cool room temp for 12 to 18 hours. (a.k.a. - put it in your basement, if you have one.) If convenient, give the dough a vigorous stir part way through the rise.

Second rise - Brush pan(s) with olive oil then line pan with parchment. Brush the parchment with olive oil. Use a well-oiled spatula to turn the dough onto the pan(s), avoiding deflating the dough as much as possible. With oiled hands, lightly press the dough to edges of the pan. Tent the pan with plastic wrap. Now you have a difficult decision to make. You can let it stand at warm room temp 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours. But if you want more flavor, refrigerate 4-24 hours before setting out at warm room temp. Continue the rise until the dough has about doubled from the deflated size. Just before baking, use oiled fingertips to press indentations in dough. If using the coarse salt (I didn't), sprinkle it on now.

P1020044.JPG

Baking - 20 minutes before taking time, place rack in the lowest position in the oven. Preheat to 500F. Place the broiler pan on the oven floor. When fully heated, reduce the temp to 475F. Add a cup of ice water to the broiler pan, being careful of the steam and spattering. Bake the bread on the lowest rack for 20 to 30 minutes, rotating pan half way through if using a large sheet pan. Bake until the center reads 209F to 212F on an instant-read thermometer. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan to finish cooling.  

P1020047.JPG

Part Deux - Frenching the Crust

Beat 3 eggs with hot pepper powder, ginger and milk. Place parchment paper in the bottom of a baking pan, place a loaf in it, then pour the egg mixture all over. Use a fork to raise the loaf to ensure the egg mixture gets to the bottom. Use a pastry brush to ensure the top is fully coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to ensure crust fully soaks up egg mixture.

Preheat the oven to 350F. Bake the crust 10 minutes then remove from oven. Increase heat to 400F.

P1020051.JPG

Sauce

Pumpkin purée
Cashew milk
Ginger
Hot Pepper Pow

Toppings

Asparagus
Prosciutto cubetti
Pasilla de Oaxaca rings
Ricotta cheese
Fresh rosemary leaves

Top the pizza, then bake 15 more minutes.

P1020054.JPG

P1020056.JPG

This one's neat geeme ... and you forced me to actually read the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back