• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Pizza Pizza Pizza Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
OFFICIAL ENTRY

I was fixing pizza for dinner and thought I'd give this a try, hope I don't screw up.

Dinner pizza: Autumn Inspired Vege

Dough recipe

3 1/4C. lukewarm water
1 TBL. dry yeast
1 1/2 TBL. kosher salt
4C. all purpose flour
4C."00" or bread flour

Add yeast and salt to the water in a 5qt.bowl or some food grade bucket, stir to dissolve. I use a glass ice tea container cause it fits nicely in my already too full refrigerator. This dough needs to age in the frig over night and can be used over the next 2 weeks. Add all the flour and mix with a large spoon. Make sure all is moistened with no dry spots. Allow to rise with a non air tight lid. I just open the round hole in the ice tea container. If you use a food grade bucket crack open the lid. Let rise approximately 2 hrs. Don't punch down the dough. Close the vented lid and refrigerate up to 14 days.

after rise

Let dough rest over night.

Pizza Topping recipe

Use a small delicate squash or any winter squash you like. Peel, deseed, and cut the squash into small cubes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss about 1 cup of the squash pieces with some minced onion, fresh sage, 2TBL. good olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet.

[background=#fff4e4]Roast squash 20 to 30 min. occasionally turning the pieces to brown, set aside. Saute more chopped onion, about 1/2 cup, and garlic 2 to 3 cloves chopped in 2TBL. olive oil along with some chopped peppers of your choice, I used Bahamian Goats. When soft and caramelized add about 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup grated parmesan or romano or both if you like, and some freshly ground black pepper, I used Wayrights delicious Baccatum infused black and whites. Add squash mixture to cheese mixture. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.[/background]

[background=#fff4e4]Take a piece of pizza dough out of the frig. Place it on a floured surface, let it warm up a bit. Shape and push dough to desired size. Smear the top of the dough with the squash-cheese mixture.[/background]

[background=#fff4e4]Grate or slice some mozzarella on top[/background]

IMG_7767_zpso3stubuj.jpg

[background=#fff4e4]Bake on pizza stone 10 to 20 min. till browned and bubbly.[/background]

[background=#fff4e4]Add fresh arugula, spinach, kale, or greens of your choice.[/background]

Very nice! 5 pics max in final, post the other in another. ;) Probably the dough in the jar.

OFFICIAL ENTRY (5 photos this time)

I was fixing pizza for dinner and thought I'd give this a try, hope I don't screw up.

Dinner pizza: Autumn Inspired Vege

Dough recipe

3 1/4C. lukewarm water
1 TBL. dry yeast
1 1/2 TBL. kosher salt
4C. all purpose flour
4C."00" or bread flour

Add yeast and salt to the water in a 5qt.bowl or some food grade bucket, stir to dissolve. I use a glass ice tea container cause it fits nicely in my already too full refrigerator. This dough needs to age in the frig over night and can be used over the next 2 weeks. Add all the flour and mix with a large spoon. Make sure all is moistened with no dry spots. Allow to rise with a non air tight lid. I just open the round hole in the ice tea container. If you use a food grade bucket crack open the lid. Let rise approximately 2 hrs. Don't punch down the dough. Close the vented lid and refrigerate up to 14 days.

after rise

Let dough rest over night.

Pizza Topping recipe

Use a small delicate squash or any winter squash you like. Peel, deseed, and cut the squash into small cubes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss about 1 cup of the squash pieces with some minced onion, fresh sage, 2TBL. good olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet.

Roast squash 20 to 30 min. occasionally turning the pieces to brown, set aside. Saute more chopped onion, about 1/2 cup, and garlic 2 to 3 cloves chopped in 2TBL. olive oil along with some chopped peppers of your choice, I used Bahamian Goats. When soft and caramelized add about 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup grated parmesan or romano or both if you like, and some freshly ground black pepper, I used Wayrights delicious Baccatum infused black and whites. Add squash mixture to cheese mixture. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Take a piece of pizza dough out of the frig. Place it on a floured surface, let it warm up a bit. Shape and push dough to desired size. Smear the top of the dough with the squash-cheese mixture.

Grate or slice some mozzarella on top

Bake on pizza stone 10 to 20 min. till browned and bubbly.

Add fresh arugula, spinach, kale, or greens of your choice.

Oh man now you need that slice in the final one lol that is $.

You are new so here's a tip. Leave out boring ingredient pics, post those as teasers before (or can be after) final. :)

That is a nice pic. I will now confuse you more. Keep it in final. Haha. Lose the dough, add the slice... okay sorry trying to help. :)

Edit button works no new post needed.

Thai Dinner Pizza

I decided to venture away from all the tomato sauce pizzas since there are so many of them.  I wanted to try something a little different.

Lot of ingredients to this one.

The dough:

1 yeast packet
2 tbs of my fresh grinded malt powder
1 cup of warm water
3 cups of flour
2 tbs of olive oil
1 1/4 tsp of salt

First, I put the yeast in a small bowl with 2 tbs of the water and let it sit for about 10-15 mins.  In a bowl I mixed the flour, olive oil, malt powder, and the salt, then mixed in the yeast and the water.  I stirred until thoroughly mixed and then kneaded by hand.  I let it sit out for about 45 mins, kneaded it a little more then put in a bowl in the fridge to sit.  I pulled the dough out of the fridge about 2 hrs before I was going to use it.  I once again kneaded the dough then rolled it out and folded it a few times until smooth. Then applied the toppings.

Chicken:
For the chicken I cut up 1 breast and put in a warmed up skillet with a tbs of olive oil, 2 tbs of coconut milk, and 1/2 tsp of minced ginger.  I put some curry powder, garlic powder, chinese 5spice, and pepper on the breast.  
Once the chicken was done I put it on top of the red curry sauce that I spread on the dough.

Red Curry Sauce:
1tbs olive oil
1 yellow onion
2 tbs Thai red curry paste
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tbs of lime juice
2 Thai peppers
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 tsp ginger minced
1 tomato
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
I heated up the olive oil in a sauce pan then added the onion until it was caramelized.  Then I added the curry paste, the lime juice, garlic, peppers, ginger, tomato, fish sauce, and brown sugar.  I simmered that for 20-30mins and then blended it up in the ninja, and returned to the pot and simmered until I reached the consistency I wanted for the sauce.

After I put the chicken on the sauce I spread a light coating of Mozzerella onto the pizza and put it in the oven until the crust was starting to brown.  Once it did I pulled it out and put shredded carrots and shredded cucumber onto the pizza and then drizzled some sweet thai chili sauce.

Sweet Thai chili sauce
3 cloves garlic minced
6 Dragon Thai peppers
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs cornstarch
2 tbs water
I blended the garlic, peppers, sugar, water, vinegar, and salt then put in a small saucepan.  I boiled it for about 3-5 minutes.  In a seperate bowl I added the cornstarch and water and mixed up a slurry.  Then put it into the pan and heated to a boil again for 1 minute and removed from the heat.  I let it cool down then put it into the fridge.

Once the pizza was done I pulled it out of the oven to dress with some crushed roasted peanuts, and cilantro.

Once it was dressed up I sliced it up and dug in.  Its a really good pizza when you want something a little different.  Its also a very fresh pizza with the cucumber and carrots on it.

Mrs Rymerpt said:
He has trouble spelling also, I love him regardless.

You wouldnt even talk to us when you came into chat. I feel like my hello was wasted.

And Im a little disappointed.
grantmichaels said:
Danielle would punch a kitten to get to that ...

dont name a price, you just got a kitten hurt and now you have to make one

Heckle said:
You wouldnt even talk to us when you came into chat. I feel like my hello was wasted.

And Im a little disappointed.

dont name a price, you just got a kitten hurt and now you have to make one
Well heck, Heckle,it was in the first hours of joining the site. I got lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back