contest BEGIN! Regional/Ethnic Sandwich Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mels Spicy Italian Style Chicken Parmigiana Rolls

Ingredients:
Chicken Schnitzel: Chicken breast, eggs, garlic, paprika, salt n pepper, bread crumbs, grated romano cheese
Red Sauce: 1 Jalepeno, 1 Habanero, 3 unknown chillis, crushed dried doughlah, fresh basil, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 onion, 1 can of diced tomato, salt n pepper, 1/4 cup water

Recipe:
Chicken Schnitzel: for 1 kg of chicken breast.. mix 3 eggs with 3 cloves of minced garlic, a tsp of paprika and salt n pepper.. slice chicken breast.. bash it with a meat hammer and stick it in the eggs...combine bread crumbs with grated romano cheese and cover the egg soaked chicken in the bread crumb mixture.. stick in the fridge for at least an hour.. fry in good quality olive oil until golden
Red sauce: saute 3 cloves of garlic with 1 onion and chilli.. add can of diced tomatoes, three leaves of basil and let it simmer for at least half an hour.. add water as required and salt n pepper to taste..

sammich: scoop out inside of roll... coat with sauce, layer chicken then sauce, romano cheese and grated mozzarella chesse with a few bits of fresh basil.. stick in oven and let cheese melt..

eat the cheesy goodness :)

Picture391.jpg

Picture393.jpg

Picture396.jpg

Mel, my heart is melting and mouth is drooling! and I noticed the coins! ;)

LOVE breaded chicken/marinara stuff!

Thanks SL! your bacon dish sounds intriguing!! but where are your coins?? you'll get in trouble from the big man!!

oh crap! supposed to have the coins in the teasers also?!?!???????

brb~~~

UPDATED TEASER! with coins-
growstuff056.jpg

dangit, it looks like I missed a lot of fun last night...everyones looks good so far....haven't quite figured out what I am going to do yet...

about the tiara...when you lose the DQ tiara, aren't you supposed to send another accessory with it...I liked the way PF looks in those red high heels with it...JayT...you wear it well man but...it seems THP is lobbying for the tiara himself....

thehotpepper.com said:
I don't have my kitchen in order so I may do a NY cold cut sammy, my style. We'll see. If I had my kitchen I'd do something crazy. Hmmm. I don't know yet.

would you like a little cheese with that whine boss?

Here's a few teasers from Potawieland
11 Grain bread with hickory smoked bacon and hickory grilled, fatalii marinaded chicken breasts. Potawie likes his chicken spicy!
4409555113_680e82b822.jpg

Oops,I screwed up and used 58 cents instead of 53
4410325016_fc9dc60088.jpg

texas blues said:
Shrimp and asparagus? Olives? Even drunk......I can't get next to that! Weird shit-o-meter.....that's an 8. Paul...your freakiness has reached new levels. Bring teh hot brown!!

I'd normally agree with you, TB,....BUT;

The asparagus isn't cooked......it's been pickled......think crunchy, tart, and spicy. ;)

The olives have been living with the habaneros for 6 months and are little fire-bombs.....went very well on the side of the po-boy!

Besides.....the hot-brown is my ringer!

I had a lot of ideas for this throwdown but nothing seemed to work out the way I planned. I really wanted to do cured/smoked Montreal smoked meat sandwich, but I couldn't find any brisket locally. I also have some dry cured salamis that weren't quite dry enough to use, and my fresh tomatos were close but not quite ripe
Anyways, I decided sort of last minute to make POTAWIE'S CLUB ROYALE- American clubhouse sandwich but I like to call it the NORVILLE ROGERS
Its basically a fusion between a grilled cheese(actually 3) and an American club sandwich but with lots of bacon, and triple fatalii flavoring.
I started with my favorite 11 grain bread and made 3 grilled cheese sandwiches, 2 with cheddar, 1 with mozzarella. One sandwich then a layer of fatalii mayonaise, I just went with store bought mayo and mixed in pureed fatalii. Then I added the 2 hickory grilled chicken breasts which were marinaded with fatalii puree and then seasoned with smoked fatalii powder and smoked in the afternoon. More mayo then another grilled cheese, more mayo, a full pound of hickory smoked bacon(smoked Friday afternoon), tomato, lettuce(freshly grown and picked), more mayo and then the top grilled cheese. Also had to add a few mixed hot peppers on the side. In my opinion the sandwich was incredible tasting, the only minor problem was that the grilled cheese got a little cool after assembly and photographs, but really it was hardly noticeable. I can also feel my arteries clogging as I type
Now that I look at the pic, I did put some of the bacon on the bottom layer. Its very difficult to see the full pound of bacon goodness

Here's the leaning tower
4409577723_1b3d52665c_b.jpg

And the final meal
4409563969_3d1a2d1132_b.jpg

And another one I added
4409563963_09b45873a3_b.jpg

Ingredients:
11 grain bread
chicken breasts(skinless, boneless)
bacon
tomato
lettuce
mayo
cheddar cheese
Mozzerella cheese
fatalii peppers
fatalii powder
margarine
Mixed pickled chinense peppers
Black pepper
smoke

Potawie, that 'tower'...sandwich kabob looks awesome! You really pulled out all of the stops for that one.

Paul, I regret this, but I must agree with TB, that shrimp sandwich just seems like too weird of a combo for me.

Mel, your sandwiches looks divine. The more you post, the more I know Mrmel is one lucky dude (read, my wife doesn't cook much :lol: )

Death, your entry looks so professional and I think it should be served on a white table clothed table. Wow! It's gorgeous.

This is a great Throw down so far, everyone surely has set the bar high on this one.

Pepperfreak said:
Paul, I regret this, but I must agree with TB, that shrimp sandwich just seems like too weird of a combo for me.

I KNEW it was a mistake to enter it.

Guess you just had to be here....

paulky_2000 said:
I KNEW it was a mistake to enter it.

Guess you just had to be here....

I give you points for origonality, composition and effort. :D No mistakes dude, just blow our socks off with your second entry. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back