• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Seafood Soup & Sandwich Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
XianChu soup & fresh tuna sandwich

When speaking of fish soup, there is nothing better than Asian cuisine. This time there will be an Asian / Mediterranean fusion. Since it is very difficult to find the ingredients, I have the good fortune to go to Chinatown to buy chinese food.

Ingredients:

For soup

1 1-1/2 pounds fresh fish (tuna)
1 pound mix 1 pound seafood (squid, clams, mussels, Keys, shrimp)
1 large onion
hot peppers
Chinese mushrooms dry package
Condiments and soup stocks for XianChu

For the sandwiches

1 1-1/2 pounds fresh fish (tuna)
lettuce leaves from my garden
1 large onion
mayo
ranchero sauce
black pepper
tomato slices
4 hard boiled eggs

Making the soup was pretty easy.

1 chop onion and peppers into cubes and fry
2 Place spanish paprika
3 Add the diced fish
4 Add terishaky and oyster sauce to taste
5 Cook some minutes and add the seafood.
6 Place 1 liter of water and the entire contents of the envelopes with the broth, seasoning
7 in to boiling heat water
8 hydrate mix steamed mushrooms and reserve
9 Turn off heat and let stand

The sandwich

A sandwich is nothing new and most important is the quality of the bread. I went to an organic bakery. They grow their grain to make their own meals in their own mills and produce breads with sourdough. All 100% natural and of the highest quality you can buy. Here is the bread that I used ...

Cut the bread in half, put the shredded fish previously baked, sliced tomato and onion, cover with chopped egg and mixture mayo with ranch sauce

2014-11-09%252021.16.52.jpg

2014-11-09%252021.19.34.jpg

2014-11-09%252021.17.15.jpg

2014-11-09%252021.17.38.jpg

THIS

IS

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NESS

Moqueca de Peixe and Dorado.

Went SoFloribbean on this. Damn right. Red snapper Brazilian fish stew and a mojo glazed pan seared mahi-mahi (Dorado) topped with slices of Florida avocado, tomato, and picklese sandwich.

Stew:
~ 1/3 c lime juice
2 cloves garlic minced
~1.5 # red snapper
~1 # shrimp
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Marinate for at least 30 mins. in fridge.

Shit, writing out a list sucks.

Chop 1 onion, 1 poblano, 1 serrano, 1  red bell pepper, 3 green onions, 1 bay leaf, and toss it all in all in an oil coated pot. Cook it down for 5 mins on medium heat.

Add chopped tomato and minced garlic... cook for 2 mins.

Add 1/4 cup cilantro , 16oz clam juice, and 1 cup chicken broth... bring to boil, then let simmer for ~3 beers. Discard bay leaf.

Take 2/3 mixture and puree, add back to pot. Add coconut milk and red pepper. Let cook for as many beers as necessary.

Add chopped (~1 " cubes) marinated fish and shrimp last 5 mins.

Top with cilantro.

You're welcome. 

Sandwich:

Dust mahi-mahi with Texas Creek Jalapeno Salt Seasoning. (That shizzle is my jam right now.)

Pan sear to perfection. Brush on some mojo sauce.

Add to sliced Cuban bread. Top with sliced Florida avocado, thin sliced tomato, and picklese.

Served.

15752789975_529da3b5a0_b.jpg

15752789115_f4b48fd1a0_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back